Yamaha EPH-100
Jan 17, 2012 at 12:29 PM Post #122 of 4,690
Keep on burning, you're in for a treat.

Didn't i say you wouldn't be disappointed?

Bet you're dead chuffed you jumped right in.
wink.gif

Jan 17, 2012 at 12:46 PM Post #123 of 4,690

Just had 'One Of Those Moments' .. Wooww.. I have a plastered smile . . .

The separation & 360 like sound stage (albeit not huge) is doing wonders with Trance !

"Immersive" in one word.

This track just did it for me - Triple A - Winter Stayed (Armin van Buuren's On the Beach Mix)

Below is Youtube link.. but do yourself a favor & hear it 320Kbps MP3 @ 3.45 onwards -guaranteed Nirvana.

Its vocal trance so you don't need to be hardcore trance lover to appreciate it.

Quote:
Keep on burning, you're in for a treat.

Didn't i say you wouldn't be disappointed?

Bet you're dead chuffed you jumped right in.
wink.gif

Jan 17, 2012 at 12:56 PM Post #124 of 4,690
Oh that's a classic, and when the vocals kick in that's it eargasm time.

Right time to find the album methinks.

Been to see van buuren when he was at global gathering, awesome dj to see in action.

Soon as judge jules went on, half the crowd walked lmao.

Jan 17, 2012 at 1:10 PM Post #126 of 4,690
Wow, got mine today first impressions are incredible - I've only had chance to listen for about 45 minutes so far, but I'll get some more in tonight - The smallest plugs slot right into my ear, comfiest universals I've had in regards to not knowing they're in
redface.gif

More impressions due

Anyone have to get a chainsaw out to get into the packaging? - Why do they glue the packaging around the edges....grrr
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jan 17, 2012 at 1:17 PM Post #127 of 4,690

Quote:
So how many hours for you to burn-in before you heard improvements levelling off ?

Which part of the sound signature changed the most (highs/lows/mids ) ?

Didn't burn them in, they sounded so good i didn't bother
redface.gif

Personally, i feel separation improved and vocals come out even better, bass feels pinchier and has better decay.

I could very well be wrong, like i said i didn't burn them in, so don't really have a before and after.

Thanks for the video, im now grabbing the album. Been a very long time since i've heard a decent trance tune.

Jan 17, 2012 at 4:24 PM Post #129 of 4,690
They do pack a punch for their size though, and nothing's distorted or bloated - Impressed

Edit - Ok listening to Above and Beyond #407 podcast from my iPhone and Zo 2, 2 contours up - Close my eyes and I'm in a trance, these are quick

Jan 17, 2012 at 9:34 PM Post #132 of 4,690
It's 2.30am & I'm having difficulty taking these things off.

So far I have only listened to Trance genre & hope to force move myself to others. . . soon. There is enough sparkle to keep me satisfied without fatiguing my ears that I'm prone to with high treble. Any more & it would be on brink of Treblehead territory for me. A fine balance between detail & clairty. I'm pleasantly surprised to find that on the x1060 I'm happy to leave Equ all off which hasn't been the case with ie7 or tf10. Very well balanced for my liking.

Separation & spatialisation seem to have increased after 10hours of use. Or it could just be the late night ambience amplifying these sound characteristics. Will have to verify in the morning.
Bass also seems to have settled little. Still punchy, fast & plenty. Greater bass quantity with EPH100 but will need to do more A/B to comment on quality.

A/B of these with TF10 was interesting. As my audiophile vocabulary is non existent please bare with me.

TF10s were like watching a cinema movie with fantastic LOSSLESS Stereo sound. Quite refined sounding. On the other hand the EPH100s were like watching a cinema movie with DTS-HD Master Audio. Possibly not as refined sounding but completly IMMERSIVE. I was enveloped in sounds from every angle & drawn into the music with my feet tapping.

I didn't get to A/B with my IE7s but I can say EP100s are far superior in there clarity, separation & sound stage. In fact I don't believe ie7s can touch these IEM's. Certainly not for trance music.

More listening tomorrow & impressions.

:)

Jan 17, 2012 at 10:06 PM Post #134 of 4,690
With all the new reviews, i'm in - if I don't find anything interesting in Singapore, I'll order these on the way back to make sure they arrive when I'm gone =)  Now only 139 on Amazon!

I listen to 97% Trance/Progressive/Uplifiting/Female Vocals - and the other 3% is a mix of female vocalists (Sarah McLachlan, Sarah Brightman, etc.), JPop, KPop (ballads), and older (80s, 90s) rap and rock

Jan 17, 2012 at 10:13 PM Post #135 of 4,690
For your guys in the States, where did you buy the eph-100 and how much you have paid? Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back