Yamaha EPH-100
Feb 20, 2012 at 6:57 AM Post #1,321 of 4,690
Thanks mate.

Just this thread has had a real rough time & i believe it deserves a little help to get it back on track.

I still believe these headphones are quite special so people should be able to discuss & research them with ease.

Experienced Head-Fi'ers will know already there is no such thing as a perfect IEM, and this one is no different.

But it does offer quite a special blend of qualities at its price point that are hard to beat. It really does excel in many genres & well in other few (classical/jazz).

There are others in similar price point that offer possibly slightly more realism, speed etc. But what it offers is fatigue free listening at the same time as Fun which is hard to beat 

I'm glad we have a level headed old timer like you popping in here & helping out.

So aren't you tempted to try these things out ? or are your hands full already ?

Feb 20, 2012 at 8:11 AM Post #1,322 of 4,690

Quote:
I'm glad we have a level headed old timer like you popping in here & helping out.

So aren't you tempted to try these things out ? or are your hands full already ?

Cheers buddy!

Although I'm not an old timer methinks - I'm still relatively new :)

Hands are full already with 3 amps and the MG7's lol
Even if the weren't...I don't think the yamas are for me at all.

I need bass, even the mG7's aren't really sufficing lol

Feb 20, 2012 at 9:10 AM Post #1,323 of 4,690
If thats the case, Totally Dubbed, look elsewhere, bud. ; ) They have plenty of bass but not basshead at all. Bassheads better look at other alternatives.

BTW, even knowing that you don't own the Yamahas, I really appreciate your positive contribution in this thread
beerchug.gif

Feb 20, 2012 at 9:53 AM Post #1,325 of 4,690

Gilly,

Thanks so much!! This is something I've just replied in another post:

I've just got the Sennheiser HD598, will post my impressions soon :wink:. The problem I have is that as I don't live in the states or Europe then I'm very limited to a few options.

I plan to use them for work/commuting and the music I like is acoustic, rock and pop but a wide variety anyway and I don't listen to heavy metal or electronic music. I'm new to buying mid/hi-fi and for sure I don't want to use amplification.

I like just the right bass and really good voice and instrument separation. I don't like too much treble/fatigue.

As in the other thread they recommended the 215, I have the MC5 that is super clean but uncomfortable to wear, but it really lacks mids and is really cold sound.

My idea is to have a one-for-all IEM basically.

Thanks!
Quote:
What music would you be using them for?

Feb 20, 2012 at 10:18 AM Post #1,327 of 4,690

Quote:
If thats the case, Totally Dubbed, look elsewhere, bud. ; ) They have plenty of bass but not basshead at all. Bassheads better look at other alternatives.

BTW, even knowing that you don't own the Yamahas, I really appreciate your positive contribution in this thread
beerchug.gif

cheers buddy!
Maybe I should loan the Yamas off YOU instead of you loaning the TFTA's? :)

Feb 20, 2012 at 10:59 AM Post #1,329 of 4,690
Mine just arrived. God, I hate plastic vacuum packaging!

Off to Tenerife in the morning for a few days, will see how these fair on flight duties.

I'll have to hire an oxy acetylene torch to get at them first though.

Feb 20, 2012 at 11:15 AM Post #1,332 of 4,690

Quote:
Mine just arrived. God, I hate plastic vacuum packaging!

Off to Tenerife in the morning for a few days, will see how these fair on flight duties.

I'll have to hire an oxy acetylene torch to get at them first though.

Yes the packing is so cheap & nasty.

If i was you i would leave them playing from the point your open to leaving the house.

As a result you may enjoy them just a little more on your holiday.

Totally Dubbed 'Old timer' quite the contrary
wink_face.gif

Quote:
 Hey man, saw you in youtube. Good looking. lol :p

So where will you go next if MG7 has not enough bass ? ZO amp ?

Feb 20, 2012 at 12:11 PM Post #1,334 of 4,690

Quote:
That would be nice, but mines are sold already. Moving to the semi-custom Aurisonics : )

hehe congratulations on the sale :)

Quote:
Dubbed I will gladly loan and/or sell you my EPH100 as soon as I get my ASG-1; I can't afford to keep both.

This is indeed tempting!
I would loan, I doubt I would BUY though.

Quote:
That would be interesting. I would like to see them kind of "reviewed" by Dubbed ; )

You're too kind :)

Quote:
Totally Dubbed 'Old timer' quite the contrary
wink_face.gif

So where will you go next if MG7 has not enough bass ? ZO amp ?

Indeed :p
And ZO2 amp?

yes I have that coming in already :D
That said ZO2 + TFTA1XB = TROLOLOL
No but TFTA 1XB with A10 is already too much.

A10 with XB ON on the Mg7's is quite nice for some songs, but unpleasant for others.
Great little amp that A10 - now I can't live without an amp like that.

If the ZO2 doesn't impress me I'll re-buy a A10 without a shadow of a doubt
Instead not for £65, but for $65 from mp4 nation

Quote:
Zo2 amp is indeed the solution for any basshead.

I shall see!

Feb 20, 2012 at 3:06 PM Post #1,335 of 4,690

Miow, I have watched your score of these go from a 10 to a 9.6 to a 9.4 then 9.3 and now a 9.2. You said at 9.6 that it was the score you were comfortable with then you repeated the same at 9.4 (I am not going to look up all of your quotes because you have at least 100 in this thread). Now, you keep dropping the score by .1, in an effort, it seems to me, to avoid notice. This is very frustrating, not only for me, who initially believed what you had to say, but for anyone else who believed your comparisons (especially the wild UM3x claim). Not that it matters much but I will never believe any review or rating you write again. I think you need to spend a little less time writing and a lot more time listening. 
Quote:
No doubts. I gave a 9.2 to the GR-07's on my review (and considered them the best dynamic IEM I've heard - I also gave a 9.4 to the UM3X), but I have no doubts about giving now a 9.6 to the EPH-100's. Just don't give them a 10 now as treble could have been (slightly) improved in comparison with the SM3 and UM3X. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back