Yamaha EPH-100
Jan 30, 2012 at 1:10 PM Post #347 of 4,690

I think i will sit back & just enjoy the IEM's before my intentions or passion are misconstrued.

eke2k6 your red highlights in my quote are your opinions & your misinterpretations

etysmile.gif

Jan 30, 2012 at 1:25 PM Post #348 of 4,690

Quote:
I think that' just asking for heart breaks.*

Look you found an IEM that does the genre of music you love brilliantly.. Its got your head moving & feet tapping than you want to take it apart & look for imperfections

That's like having a beautiful woman in your arms that you could fall in love with happily forever & than deciding to see if you can spot facial hair.

Come on guys... music is for enjoying the moment.

These were never meant to be analytical IEM's.

Take them for what they are & just enjoy else you will never be happy with owning a single IEM which seems to be the case with a few people on head-fi

lol. Man, you're right ; )

Jan 30, 2012 at 1:50 PM Post #350 of 4,690
How behave EPH-100 music genres, such as:

1 - Bob Marley, Dire Straits, David Bowie, Queen, The Cure,Rolling Stones, Marillion, Prince, Sade, Waterboys, The clash, etc....... I'm a 80's ear.

2 - Vocal acoustic ..... a voice, just one or two classic guitars on each side.

3 - How behave EPH-100 on live tracks of genres exposed in 1-.

I had idea of buying a high-end like SM3, but the idea of ​​spending all my money in once, on just one iem, cost me enough, if i buy SM3 i will not buy any more iem in the coming 2 years.

Jan 30, 2012 at 2:22 PM Post #351 of 4,690

Quote:
Well I was doubting if I should buy a GR-07 ore the EPH-100, and I decided I'm gonna get the Yamaha :)

You did well, my friend, you did well. They will give you much more fun ; )

Quote:
How behave EPH-100 music genres, such as:

1 - Bob Marley, Dire Straits, David Bowie, Queen, The Cure,Rolling Stones, Marillion, Prince, Sade, Waterboys, The clash, etc....... I'm a 80's ear.

2 - Vocal acoustic ..... a voice, just one or two classic guitars on each side.

3 - How behave EPH-100 on live tracks of genres exposed in 1-.

I had idea of buying a high-end like SM3, but the idea of ​​spending all my money in once, on just one iem, cost me enough, if i buy SM3 i will not buy any more iem in the coming 2 years.

They will behave wonderfully for everything you mentioned. I don't think the SM3 would improve your listening experience over the EPH-100s for the genres you listen to ; )

Jan 30, 2012 at 2:37 PM Post #352 of 4,690

Quote:

They will behave wonderfully for everything you mentioned. I don't think the SM3 would improve your listening experience over the EPH-100s for the genres you listen to ; )

thanks, I think going pull the trigger on these, for now.

Jan 30, 2012 at 2:37 PM Post #353 of 4,690

Quote:
Nulliverse, I've read many who praise the FX700 as a true top tier as far as SQ, timbre and highly detailed highs and bass.
Would you put these in the same league as the EPH-100?

The comparison is in the review.
And it is not easy to compare, because FX700 are more on the V side while EPH-100 present a more neutral experience with some weakness in the treble...

The experience is very different, with EPH-100 being all about separation and isolation, while FX700 are all about very punchy bass and crystal clear treble, with less separation and no isolation.
So they won't shine with the same music styles and can't be used the same way.

Jan 30, 2012 at 2:43 PM Post #354 of 4,690
Completed the order .... now, is waiting 4-5 days from UK .

I hope dont regret it.

102€ wtih shipping.

Jan 30, 2012 at 4:20 PM Post #355 of 4,690
Pack21, I'm with you on this one. We have very similar musical tastes, and I just ordered these last night. I've been using mostly analytical IEM's over the past few months (RE0), and was hoping to get something with a little more depth, and a little more warmth. It sounds like these should fit the bill. I'll give my 2 cents for what it's worth once I get them. I currently own Klipsch X10, RE0, Brainwavz M2, and Monster Beats (came free with my phone, or I wouldn't have these) to compare to. Should be fun!

Jan 30, 2012 at 4:34 PM Post #358 of 4,690

Quote:
Pack21, I'm with you on this one. We have very similar musical tastes, and I just ordered these last night. I've been using mostly analytical IEM's over the past few months (RE0), and was hoping to get something with a little more depth, and a little more warmth. It sounds like these should fit the bill. I'll give my 2 cents for what it's worth once I get them. I currently own Klipsch X10, RE0, Brainwavz M2, and Monster Beats (came free with my phone, or I wouldn't have these) to compare to. Should be fun!

indeed we have same ears, because i also likes too,  a analytical signature,  are fantastic in many tracks, especially on vocals, acoustic and live tracks ..... but it's missing some punch and warmth for many others 80's songs.

A song to you.
beerchug.gif

Jan 30, 2012 at 4:52 PM Post #359 of 4,690

Quote:
The comparison is in the review.
And it is not easy to compare, because FX700 are more on the V side while EPH-100 present a more neutral experience with some weakness in the treble...

The experience is very different, with EPH-100 being all about separation and isolation, while FX700 are all about very punchy bass and crystal clear treble, with less separation and no isolation.
So they won't shine with the same music styles and can't be used the same way.

I am waiting for a review or impressions between EPH-100 and Tandem.
I'm thinking they share a lot of similar sound qualities/characteristics.

Jan 30, 2012 at 5:02 PM Post #360 of 4,690

Quote:
Nulliverse, I've read many who praise the FX700 as a true top tier as far as SQ, timbre and highly detailed highs and bass.
Would you put these in the same league as the EPH-100?

Like Tienbasse says, the two phones are so far apart in signature that they're difficult to compare. However, the FX-700s are much more refined and to my ears beat the EPH-100s on everything apart from separation, soundstage and layering.

In terms of treble and bass, the Yamaha's don't even come close. But that's not to say that they're any less enjoyable.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back