Y-splitter
Sep 12, 2002 at 5:00 AM Post #2 of 4
Well, I have never heard those two cables, but applying what I know about cables in general I can tell you that different cable will sound different. That I-share cable looks very sturdily built and has gold plating to reduce oxidation, so for the long haul, it will be a sturdy useful cable. The cheaper cable has thinner wire, cheap nickel plated plugs. So, if you are looking at an inexpensive solution and are not seriously concerned about the sturdiness of the cable, the cheaper one will be best.

To be honest, if you are running the signal out of a standard headphone out with average quality headphones, the chances you will hear any difference are very slim. If you will use this splitter with higher quality equipment, an outboard amp, etc. then you MAY be able to head a difference, but I doubt it will be very great.

Sep 12, 2002 at 11:19 AM Post #3 of 4
Thank you for the post. I am a 'rough boy' (hehe, ZZ Top's song) so I think I should get the i-share so it will last longer. Plus it matches the iPod!

Another q,

Grado makes male to female extensions cords. They are not cheap. How are they different (sound comparrision) to a radioshack one? Again, on a headphone out. Not on anything fancy.
rolleyes.gif

thanks

Sep 12, 2002 at 1:28 PM Post #4 of 4
I own the Grado extension cord. It is definitely and audible step up from a standard cheap mass market extension, even in a relatively lo-fi system. And it also is quite sturdy. A best buy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back