Y so many GS1ks in FS Forum??
Jun 28, 2008 at 12:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 32

Drumonron

1000+ Head-Fier
Why, it is amazing how many Grado GS1000s are in the FS Forum. Wonder why??? Anyone care to enlighten the unenlightened?

Maybe everyone needs money for gas?

Jun 28, 2008 at 3:41 PM Post #2 of 32
Hmm... don't know but your idea could be right, the rise seems to have hit you Americans really hard. In Denmark (and plus/minus a bit in the rest of EU) the price is now about $2½ per liter so you still have a bit to go before you catch up.

Jun 28, 2008 at 4:11 PM Post #4 of 32
It's nothing more than the natural ebb and flow of sales and purchases here at Head-Fi. In the several years that I have been a Head-Fi member, I have seen it happen time and time again with just about every one of the popular headphone brands/models. Last month it was the D2000s/D5000s, this month it's the GS-1k, next month it will be some other model of headphone. Happens all the time. As for each individuals motive for selling, it's hard to say - could need to raise money to pay bills, don't like the headphones, wanting to upgrade to something else so need to raise funds, etc, etc...

Jun 28, 2008 at 4:11 PM Post #5 of 32
Maybe they aren't worth the asking price?

On a busy week, I fill up 3-5 times. That's $240-500. I cover a three state territory that's bigger than most EU countries combined. To get our prices in line with countries you can drive across in a couple hours doesn't make sense, except for profiteering.

Jun 28, 2008 at 4:18 PM Post #6 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by Happy Camper /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I cover a three state territory that's bigger than most EU countries combined. To get our prices in line with countries you can drive across in a couple hours doesn't make sense, except for profiteering.

What the...? What has the size to do with anything
biggrin.gif
In the 16'th century you came from those 'little countries' in boats, and only excist slightly over 300 years
wink.gif
I hope fun was intended, because so do I.

Jun 28, 2008 at 4:46 PM Post #7 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by Drumonron /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why, it is amazing how many Grado GS1000s are in the FS Forum. Wonder why??? Anyone care to enlighten the unenlightened?

Maybe everyone needs money for gas?

I think it's because the GS1000 is a love it or hate it phone--and lots of folks hate it.

Jun 28, 2008 at 4:53 PM Post #8 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by vvanrij /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What the...? What has the size to do with anything
biggrin.gif
In the 16'th century you came from those 'little countries' in boats, and only excist slightly over 300 years
wink.gif
I hope fun was intended, because so do I.

I believe Happy Camper was saying that, at least in his case, his job requires him to cover an extremely large area, larger than most any European country. i expect most people in the Netherlands do not have jobs that require them to drive to the German/Polish border and back daily. (Rough estimation of distance, as I don't know what tri-state area Happy is referring to.
tongue.gif
)

I think he was just saying that on average, Americans may need to drive farther than your average european given our country's size and relatively low density, rather than poking fun at europeans for having small countries.

Edit: Also, not every American came from Europe. My family did, but America's a pretty diverse place.
tongue.gif

Jun 28, 2008 at 4:57 PM Post #9 of 32
Ahh you're right, I misinterpreted it abit, my post was as stated before in good fun though. I do bet I cover alot more ground (or air) than Happy Camper though
wink.gif

Jun 28, 2008 at 5:23 PM Post #10 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Monkey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think it's because the GS1000 is a love it or hate it phone--and lots of folks hate it.

Why does it apply to this particular grado?
confused.gif

A modest listening session with that very headphone was what got me here into head-fi. I didn't know anything about headphones, but I just loved the sound coming out of my friend's rig. I hear it's more comfortable than other grados, so what's to hate :\
I guess I just kinda answered my own question, but can someone tell me about tone signature/something that makes this headphone particularly love<->hate?

Jun 28, 2008 at 5:56 PM Post #11 of 32
Because a lot of the current owners want to part with their... ^_^
There may be lots of reasons:
* Don't like them.
* Upgrade/Downgrade.
* Recover some $$$.

Jun 28, 2008 at 6:15 PM Post #12 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by lmilhan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's nothing more than the natural ebb and flow of sales and purchases here at Head-Fi. In the several years that I have been a Head-Fi member, I have seen it happen time and time again with just about every one of the popular headphone brands/models. Last month it was the D2000s/D5000s, this month it's the GS-1k, next month it will be some other model of headphone. Happens all the time. As for each individuals motive for selling, it's hard to say - could need to raise money to pay bills, don't like the headphones, wanting to upgrade to something else so need to raise funds, etc, etc...

I always find when your looking to buy a pair of headphones there's never any around, and when you are selling yours there's loads of others doing the same. Sods law i guess
rolleyes.gif

Fingers crossed it will be the turn of the K1000 next month, so i dont have to sell my kidney to buy a pair.

Jun 28, 2008 at 6:40 PM Post #15 of 32
To be fair, your prices are so high because of taxes, not actual crude prices. I sincerely hope America never pays that kind of money for gas

Users who are viewing this thread

Back