Y so many GS1ks in FS Forum??
Jun 28, 2008 at 6:44 PM Post #16 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by vvanrij /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ahh you're right, I misinterpreted it abit, my post was as stated before in good fun though. I do bet I cover alot more ground (or air) than Happy Camper though
wink.gif

Yeah, but you also don't fill up your "ride" at the gas station on the corner.
wink.gif

Jun 28, 2008 at 7:10 PM Post #17 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sherwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
To be fair, your prices are so high because of taxes, not actual crude prices. I sincerely hope America never pays that kind of money for gas

And a lot of that tax is to make people drive less to spare the enviroment. If it really works or not is debateable though.

Jun 28, 2008 at 7:15 PM Post #18 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by Henmyr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And a lot of that tax is to make people drive less to spare the enviroment. If it really works or not is debateable though.

If people drove simply for pleasure, it might, but with the amount of people who have to commute long distances for work and there's other means of transportation available, it screws them.

Same thing is happening to the consumer products market.....prices for goods has been creeping up to match gas prices.

Jun 28, 2008 at 7:33 PM Post #19 of 32
My country takes a percentage of the gas price for tax. Which basicly comes down to if the price rises for some reason (terror, less oil then expected, burning oil riges etc.) the tax also rises. Aviation is also taking a big hit!

Jun 28, 2008 at 7:59 PM Post #20 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by DemonicLemming /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If people drove simply for pleasure, it might, but with the amount of people who have to commute long distances for work and there's other means of transportation available, it screws them.

Same thing is happening to the consumer products market.....prices for goods has been creeping up to match gas prices.

Driving through two states for work is not feasible if we want to save the enviroment. The only way it is like this for many people is because they CAN. If the price for gas was much higher, the companies would have to find other ways to solve their problems, like buy more things local. This will of course not work in all cases.

Sorry for off topic.

Jun 28, 2008 at 8:32 PM Post #21 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Monkey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think it's because the GS1000 is a love it or hate it phone--and lots of folks hate it.

(Perhaps we can discuss fuel prices in the petrol forum, when it's established?)

Despite sound quality and comfort issues, I dislike the GS1Ks because for a $1,000 pair, they're build quality's the pits.

I had 2 pairs literally fall apart in my hands. On the first, the left earcup assembly fell away from the post. On the second, the grills collapsed into the rosewood cylinders. I had a third, which blew out along with my amp, but since neither I nor the repair technicians could pinpoint the cause, I can't comment on that pair with any accuracy.

I'm ever so glad my dealer (Headroom) took pity on me and allowed me to trade 'em back, no charge and with full balance refunded, for a pair of Senn HD650s. Too bad Grado displayed less sympathy. I sen't 'em a complaint letter over 2 weeks ago and haven't heard first squat.

I genuinely hope all those sellers find happy buyers.

Jun 28, 2008 at 9:02 PM Post #23 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by Henmyr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Driving through two states for work is not feasible if we want to save the enviroment. The only way it is like this for many people is because they CAN. If the price for gas was much higher, the companies would have to find other ways to solve their problems, like buy more things local. This will of course not work in all cases.

Sorry for off topic.

There's nothing wrong with the environment now, except that most of the planet is inhabited by a species so arrogant it thinks it can passively screw the whole place up. I find the anti-nuclear-power gas-hating hippies sort of funny in an unintentional, half-witted neophyte way, though.

Most things sold in the US aren't sold on the local scale, and there's no way to change that. If gas prices go too much higher, the recession will turn into a depression, and that'll be a world-altering event. And not one I think most people would enjoy seeing the results of.

/off-topic

Jun 28, 2008 at 9:04 PM Post #24 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by ronnielee54 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What got me was the amount of WTB's yesterday for AD2k's. At one time there were 7 threads on the first page and 6 of them were in a row. Maybe it's the rebate checks.

I thought it was wierd to until I saw that all the responses were done by the same person right in a row saying he put his ad2000's up for sale. So he was just letting all those WTB'ers know that there was one to 'B'.

Jun 28, 2008 at 9:46 PM Post #25 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrmarano /img/forum/go_quote.gif
(Perhaps we can discuss fuel prices in the petrol forum, when it's established?)

Despite sound quality and comfort issues, I dislike the GS1Ks because for a $1,000 pair, they're build quality's the pits.

I had 2 pairs literally fall apart in my hands. On the first, the left earcup assembly fell away from the post. On the second, the grills collapsed into the rosewood cylinders. I had a third, which blew out along with my amp, but since neither I nor the repair technicians could pinpoint the cause, I can't comment on that pair with any accuracy.

I'm ever so glad my dealer (Headroom) took pity on me and allowed me to trade 'em back, no charge and with full balance refunded, for a pair of Senn HD650s. Too bad Grado displayed less sympathy. I sen't 'em a complaint letter over 2 weeks ago and haven't heard first squat.

Pretty much sums up why I am never planning on buying one.

Jun 28, 2008 at 11:02 PM Post #26 of 32
Quote:

This is the shame of Grado. lol

I really liked my sr80 and I would have upgraded a higher end Grado but I knew I would destroy them. And I baby my headphones. So I sold them.

The HP-1 or HP-1000 look pretty damn sturdy though. All metal except for the headband. Probably not worth the price you would have to pay to get a pair though.

Jun 29, 2008 at 12:33 AM Post #28 of 32
Quote:

have never had any problems with my RS1, RS2, or 325. and they have all had lots of use - esp. the 325 b/c it is the only one balanced.

Jun 29, 2008 at 6:20 AM Post #29 of 32
The build quility on my 325i is ok, but for a headphone twice the price I would also prefer a better construction. They should use alot more metal on the GS1000. Also I heard that the GS1000 is the most 'un-grado' like headphone in the line-up, and I think that most people that are gonna try a GS1000 (TOTL grado) are grado fans/owners or heard grado's before and liked them.

Jun 30, 2008 at 4:15 AM Post #30 of 32
The darn cheap plastic L/R rod holders are the whole reason why ive never purchased any Grado woodies.

Ive wanted RS1's for a long time, but id want the metal rod holders that the old Grados had. What the hell can it possibly cost for Grado to put them on their top 3 models at least???

So as it stands i have Igrados, SR80's and SR225's, and unless i find a deal, or parts to make the L/R rod holders better, i probably wont buy them. I dont want to be embarrassed when another one of my headphones falls apart in my friends hands after i just bashed Bose and said "Listen to these Grado SR80's for half the price".

Its a shame, because i really love my Grados, but i wish they were build like the old ones that were all metal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back