XTZ Headphone Divine DISCUSSION THREAD
Mar 10, 2016 at 7:17 PM Post #46 of 84
And just to add clarity to my position on the small company that doesn't offer refunds, I actually have run some small businesses so I do have empathy and understand the challenges. However, they do sell open box returns so obviously when they offer the credit only they eventually get the full profit back again on the item or items they user eventually buys, plus they seem to have no problem selling the open box returns so we know they can do it. I'm sure most people intend and do keep what they order so I'm not sure how big the risk is, plus, that is part of the profit margin, and this place charges full MSRP so they have margin to work with. I also feel that they would increase sales by offering refunds with say a 5% restocking fee (that would be reasonable) and maybe limiting the refund period to 15 days. The increase in business that would almost be sure to happen may actually be enough to completely off-set customer refunds, maybe it wouldn't, but I'll bet it would get pretty close to parity. I think small business shoot themselves in the foot with this "once we get your money, we have to keep it at all costs" attitude. It is more difficult to offer flexibility to your customers, but you can do it with good policy and proper customer service to minimize risk.

As well, I'm not talking about really small, or completely new businesses, they need some time to build up strength. This company has been online for about five years now and has done well enough to expand their actual brick and mortar storefront and open a new location so they are simply being greedy. They have likely lost my business due to their inflexibility.

Mar 11, 2016 at 1:41 PM Post #47 of 84
  To be clear, the WS99 is only boomy when the music is loud, and bass heavy, and I frequently listen to music very loud (90db+) and with plenty of bass. So I think for most people the bass will never be boomy.
For me, they easily sound quite a bit better when I cut some mid bass out.
the XTZ player isn't as good to use as Neutron (no gapless playback which I really like having).
I will be getting back to using the Divine more again soon. The last time I used them I was thinking damn this just sound so good!
They do have an interesting 3D quality that I can't quite put my finger on, but I think it is how voices seem more holographic?
I just now ordered a B&O H7 so that should be an interesting comparison.
I am returning the WS99 because of the charge flap, you mentioned having the same or similar issue did you not?
(by Amazon). Not sure what they did to piss you off

We may have different backgrounds. I suppose you are used to high end wired open-back headphones with good amps?
I have no experience with good wired headphones. That's probably why I can't hear this subtle boominess on the ATH, and I listen mostly bass-heavy music, very loud. And I hate boomy bass.
But now I remember that the first time I used the ATH, coming from the Fidelio M2BT (wonderful dense bass with good punch and really dense "tight" sub-bass rumble. Just not so clear and detailed as the ATH, and not so powerful overall), I did think that the rumble of the ATH was a bit airy, not really dense and tight like I like it. It may be what you call boomy. Or part of it.

Anyway, could you define "mid bass"? Which freqs do you mean by that? I wish to try your EQ settings.

Yes the XTZ are wonderful! When I do not use them for a while, I also always feel "wow" when I use them again. They are magic. And you MUST get the Dirac DAP.
The same goes for the Momentum Wireless Around Ear. Magic. Not perfect at all. But with a quality of smoothness which feels like a sonic caress.
These are the top 3 in my list as you can see.
And talking of the Momentum, that is a boomy bass. Still not so boomy to compromise the overall quality (or it would not be rated so high by all biggest reviewers -including me
tongue.gif
). But noticeably boomy for me too. Surely more than the ATH.
All Sony which I have tried (BT) were very noticeably boomy, nowhere comparable with the ATH.

The Beoplay H8 were a major disappointment for me, like my review can show you.
I have read that the H7 are better, but with less bass, which does not appeal my basshead headphone-radar.
Let us know (in my Comparison thread) how the three compare!!!

I did not have your same problem with the USB flap on the ATH. But yes, before I have learned how to go with it, I had hard times getting it back in place.
A couple of times I pushed the wrong way and it deformed a bit but I could reform it. Once I pulled too much and it wont close anymore but I could push it with something.
It is indeed a bit problematic. The best is going gently.

I do have a deep antipathy for the three monsters, Amazon, Google, Facebook. As also for any other Social Media, and for whatever grows so much to impose its rules to everybody (like the arrogance of Apple for example).
But the reason why I hate Amazon now is that their German branch decided that I was returning too many things and closed my account forever, globally, and never reacted to my requests of deleting my reviews (of course, some where the Top Voted, why should the @55H0L35 want to delete them?). So people still write me comments and ask me things and I can't answer, and they will think I am an @55H0L3.
Besides, it was not true. I was not returning many things, in Germany every single online shop is legally forced to accept returns. So my returns were divided among many shops and were definitely not a reason to close my account. There were other misunderstandings in that situation and it was very unpleasant and very very German.
Now as a revenge I suggest people to use Amazon to buy what they want to try and return :)
For example, you should definitely try the Fidelio M2BT. Buy them. Try them. Compare them. Return them. It is worth, their bass is a miracle, one of a kind. And I wish to know what you would think about it.
And you should very definitely try the Senny M2AEBT.

Mar 12, 2016 at 6:01 PM Post #48 of 84
@Giogio and others, in order to discuss the WS99Bt I have created this thread:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/801454/ath-99bt-discussion-impressions

Mar 16, 2016 at 12:50 PM Post #50 of 84
Yes - internal mic in the headset, and external one on the cable (if used)

Mar 16, 2016 at 1:13 PM Post #52 of 84
My review - http://www.head-fi.org/products/xtz-headphone-divine/reviews/15349

Also try simply googling "XTZ Divine Headphones" and going to image view.

Mar 16, 2016 at 7:46 PM Post #56 of 84
  How the hell do you pass from XTZ to Jabra or Bose which are anything but neutral and are not even Aptx (well, if you have iOS you may not care)?

Maybe he/she is like me and has varying sound signatures they gravitate to? Just speculating. I can enjoy neutral or coloured if done well. Funny, I read people calling the PM3 neutral, but I don't hear them as neutral, I think they are bass tilted, but tastefully so.

Mar 16, 2016 at 8:05 PM Post #58 of 84
  Yikes! I thought everything has AptX!

Seems like there are enough headphones and sources that do, but still from what I can tell there are plenty of Bluetooth devices that lack Apt X.

Mar 16, 2016 at 8:15 PM Post #60 of 84
  Got it, thanks.
Either way, I'm screwed cause 2 months of no Divine.

I know somebody who may sell his Divine. I'll ask him, but they are new to him; however he took them in a trade so he wasn't really looking for headphones as much as made the trade out of curiosity so maybe he sell after a short time? Send me a PM so I'll have your info and if my friend says yes, I'll send you his name.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back