Xtra Bass Sony Headphones??
Apr 9, 2013 at 7:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

armando58rs

New Head-Fier
hi, i'm a newbee here...I live in Mexico. I was surfing the web trying to look for an alternative to the super expensive Monster Beats line or the SMS by 50 Cent or the Soul by Ludacris. I've seen in a lot of websites that the Sony headphones are a very good choice. I was checking reviews of the MDR-XB400 and the MDR-XB600, but they are all mixed. So anyone could recommend me some very clear, bass-thumping, not too big headphones from the Sony brand? Willing to spend less than $70-80. (And to clarify you experts...I will stick with the Sony brand, no other brands please.)
bigsmile_face.gif

Apr 9, 2013 at 8:08 PM Post #2 of 10
Welcome to head-fi :)

The latest XB models are not as good as the previous versions, sadly the old ones are overpriced. 

Curious, why no other brands? 

Apr 9, 2013 at 8:40 PM Post #4 of 10
You see...here where I live in Mexico, I live in an akward, rare, well to be kind, in a different social enviornmet. Here the trendings are very important, very important to be honest. As me living in the boarder Texas, people in my city go to the US to buy stuff, like for example clothes, tech tings and other stuff. One thing that I don't really know why it so flattered are Monster Beats :frowning2:. Had to admit they sound pretty awesome, but they are not cheap. So since Sony is an other well-recieved almost popular brand in my place, I kinda stick with that brand... Hahahaha kind a weird answer right? But that's why.

Apr 9, 2013 at 8:48 PM Post #5 of 10
Sony V55 is pretty bassy. Not XB amounts of MOAR BASS, but still definitely a basshead can. 

The V6 has excellent quality bass, deep, thumpy, yet clear and controlled, but it doesn't have a lot of bass. Maybe give it a try. 

That's it for Sony in your price range I think. 

Apr 9, 2013 at 8:56 PM Post #6 of 10
Yes, but there are other regarded brands among audio enthusiasts and audiophiles that may suit you well. 

Just in case, take a look at the Panasonic HTF-600

Apr 9, 2013 at 9:11 PM Post #8 of 10
Quote:
I couldnt imagine being so silly to place emphasis on what I buy if it will be popular or impress people

That's why head-fi exists 
wink.gif

to make people see that sound quality is first. 

Apr 11, 2013 at 11:44 PM Post #10 of 10
Thanks for your suggestion! I've seen them and they are quite nice, but there is a little detail that I read in every review website:it creaks a lot and it's not that comfortable that it looks.
Example: http://www.trustedreviews.com/sony-mdr-v55_Headphones_review
A
nd for the xb600 it says that it lacks bass, that they are very boomy: http://www.trustedreviews.com/sony-mdr-v55_Headphones_review
W
ell, the good news is that i will decide between these two, but I just need to know if the V55 are resistable enough to survive a long time due to the fragility which it may cause the creaky noise and if they are comfortable enough. I will appreciate a lot for your advices

(I also read about the Sony MDR-v6, but they are quite weird for me and too extravagant...maybe its because itts DJ style hahahaha).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back