XP-7 or SR-71
Oct 20, 2004 at 5:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

vienna

Head-Fier
I am torn !!! I can't decide which to get. I'll be running MS1, MS-2 and MS-Pros
smily_headphones1.gif
Yes, I am lucky enough to have all them, as I started with MS-1
smily_headphones1.gif

So now its time for a decent amp. Although I am running off an IPOD.

Any input ? I like the whole portability aspect of both amps. Size is relative, in that they both not HUGE. I like the idea that the XP-7 can have its own power supply, but its also $100 more than the SR71

I guess the other consideration is rolling opamps. I hae unlimited amounts of opamps I can get free from work
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 20, 2004 at 6:05 PM Post #2 of 12
XP7 can roll opa and SR-71 not. Another hot one here that can roll opa is Supermono from Xin's.

Oct 21, 2004 at 5:33 AM Post #5 of 12
well, my main thing is portability. To give you an idea, I have 450,000 air miles just on United last year !!!! I'm on a plane just about every day or two....flying across the nation. So portability is nice
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 21, 2004 at 5:40 AM Post #7 of 12
I was thinking xp-7 since its still battery powered. The only isue I have is the RAC connects in the rear. min plugs are nice and convenient. Now for a home system, it would be real nice.

Oct 23, 2004 at 3:59 AM Post #11 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by vienna
well, I ended up buying a used SR-71 (barely used) as well as ordering a XP-7
next comes the supermacro

Nice move! Couldn't have done it better myself. I love my HR2 but SR71 is next on my list (right after new pwr amp and record cleaner.) I already have a TBH which I plan to keep for laptop use but for the iPod it's gotta be an SR. Stealth here in a few days!
CPW

Oct 23, 2004 at 5:01 PM Post #12 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by vienna
well, my main thing is portability. To give you an idea, I have 450,000 air miles just on United last year !!!! I'm on a plane just about every day or two....flying across the nation. So portability is nice
smily_headphones1.gif

Can you really lug the SR-71 in your carry on without attracting too much attention? I travel quite a bit too, mostly overseas. I have yet to bring my SR-71 with me because the last time I carried a SCSI analyzer, the airport security at Copenhagen was all over it, and that's before 9/11.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back