Xonar STX + Ath-m50?
Jan 11, 2013 at 2:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Cloud Spark

New Head-Fier
Hi
Im currently using an Xonar DG and i just brought an Xonar STX from my friend for 50 bucks, and i was wondering if it would run my M50's (38Ohms) better than the Xonar DG that i currently have. I read somewhere a while back that the STX isn't good with lower independence headphones, and when setting the impedance mode, the range on the STX is alot wider (when setting the impedance with the STX, the gain range is 0~64Ohms while the Dg's range is 32~64Ohms). So would the STX distort/make the sound quality worse than the Xonar DG in any way? Thanks
smile.gif

Jan 11, 2013 at 2:20 AM Post #2 of 2
Quote:
Hi
Im currently using an Xonar DG and i just brought an Xonar STX from my friend for 50 bucks, and i was wondering if it would run my M50's (38Ohms) better than the Xonar DG that i currently have. I read somewhere a while back that the STX isn't good with lower independence headphones, and when setting the impedance mode, the range on the STX is alot wider (when setting the impedance with the STX, the gain range is 0~64Ohms while the Dg's range is 32~64Ohms). So would the STX distort/make the sound quality worse than the Xonar DG in any way? Thanks
smile.gif

The Essence STX DAC should be a improvement in audio quality, over the DG's DAC
The Essence STX has better op-amps then the DG's
To me the impedance issue is minor, compared to all the improvements your getting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back