Xonar Essene STX EQ doesn't work over 48KHz Sampling Rate ? [SOLVED]
May 21, 2013 at 5:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

HyroProto

New Head-Fier
I use JRiver Media player with WASAPI with 192KHz 24bit to get the optimum sound quality.

My windows Mixer is set to 44.1KHz 24bit

But when I set my xonar to output 192KHz the EQ stops working... infact It only works if I set the Output in Media Player to 48KHz..

192KHz in JRiver sounds so much better than 48KHz.. So i wanna keep it as it is. Since i'm using WASAPI I know I'm bypassing the Windows Mixer & directly getting the Sound from the sound card. So why doesnt my Xonar's EQ stops working when ever I chose anything over 48KHz.. this card supports 192KHz right ?

what am i doing wrong ?

May 21, 2013 at 9:27 AM Post #2 of 4
Quote:
I use JRiver Media player with WASAPI with 192KHz 24bit to get the optimum sound quality.

My windows Mixer is set to 44.1KHz 24bit

But when I set my xonar to output 192KHz the EQ stops working... infact It only works if I set the Output in Media Player to 48KHz..

192KHz in JRiver sounds so much better than 48KHz.. So i wanna keep it as it is. Since i'm using WASAPI I know I'm bypassing the Windows Mixer & directly getting the Sound from the sound card. So why doesnt my Xonar's EQ stops working when ever I chose anything over 48KHz.. this card supports 192KHz right ?

what am i doing wrong ?

This is a limitation of the Xonar- page 42 of the manual says any "effects" (which I presume includes EQ) are only available to 44.1 and 48kHz sample rate files.

May 21, 2013 at 11:40 AM Post #3 of 4
I wouldn't say it is a limitation as it was designed that way to keep the higer bit rates such as 96 and 196 prestine.
That being said I can see how some might still want to use the EQ.

If you want to modify the sound anyway, WASAPI is a moot point so you can always use the EQ in the player.
Not very familiar with that player,but if you can route the signal into VST or Direct X plugins, You can find some very high end software EQ's.

May 21, 2013 at 1:50 PM Post #4 of 4
Quote:

This is a limitation of the Xonar- page 42 of the manual says any "effects" (which I presume includes EQ) are only available to 44.1 and 48kHz sample rate files.

Yup... thanx so much.. It clearly says in the manual that it will shut down all effects for 96 & 192KHz audio files to prevent any processing distortion & it will also shut down the frequency metre on those rates as well

thanx for the help..problem solved

Users who are viewing this thread

Back