Xonar Essence STX: Sneak Peek!
Jan 7, 2009 at 3:40 PM Post #256 of 2,066
Quote:

Originally Posted by padam /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Replace the DAC with the upcoming Pico DAC only version and get RCA couplers to connect it to the Gilmore Lite (no need for cables). You'll need to wait for it but that's the best you can do. I doubt the STX's amp beats the GLite.

I don't have a Gilemore Lite, but if they are listing the true spec:
_______Gliemore Lite____Asus Xonar Essence STX]
SNR____>100dB________124dB for Front-out,117dB for Headphone-out (600ohms) dB]
THD+N__<0.006%______0.0003% (-110dB) for Front-out, 0.001% (-100dB) for Headphone-out

Source:
HeadAmp - Audio Electronics (Gilmore Lite Headphone Amp)
ASUSTeK Computer Inc.

I won't say which one is better cause I don't have Gilmore Lite, but seems Asus is capable of outputing a bit more clear sound with less distortion.

Subjective listening experience I'll leave it for real owners to tell us.

Jan 7, 2009 at 4:03 PM Post #257 of 2,066
Quote:

Originally Posted by padam /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Replace the DAC with the upcoming Pico DAC only version and get RCA couplers to connect it to the Gilmore Lite (no need for cables). You'll need to wait for it but that's the best you can do. I doubt the STX's amp beats the GLite.

You doubt that the STX's amp beats the Glimore Lite... that means you haven't heard the STX. If that's the case what gives you the right to comment on the quality of the STX?

Jan 7, 2009 at 7:40 PM Post #263 of 2,066
For those that order from NCIXUS.com how long did it take to ship out? I order on saturday and still hasn't ship out. I'm worried if they don't ship it out before the stock runs out i'm F*&^%.

This reply to my email

Due to the holiday season, our shipping team is very busy in handling all shipment but they will do their best to get orders shipped out as quickly as possible. At the moment, the order is waiting for shipping. Once the shipment is made, our Shipping Dept will provide you a tracking number by email. Please feel free to let us know If you have any further requests regarding the order.
Thanks for your patience!

Jan 7, 2009 at 7:52 PM Post #265 of 2,066
Quote:

Originally Posted by ROBSCIX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Has anybody tried some new Opamps yet?

I too am curious about this. We need more OPAMP tests
smily_headphones1.gif

I have none yet as I'm just getting into this but I would like to specifically find an op-amp that would suit this card even better towards metal.

Jan 7, 2009 at 8:18 PM Post #266 of 2,066
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bojamijams /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I too am curious about this. We need more OPAMP tests
smily_headphones1.gif

I have none yet as I'm just getting into this but I would like to specifically find an op-amp that would suit this card even better towards metal.

Me to here
ksc75smile.gif

Jan 7, 2009 at 8:56 PM Post #267 of 2,066
They are getting serious, I will watch this item closely, thanks.

Jan 7, 2009 at 9:50 PM Post #269 of 2,066
Quote:

Originally Posted by zslipknot /img/forum/go_quote.gif
OK so im new to the site.. Hello everyone I have a few questions about the 2 sound cards looking at.. I'm interested in the ASUS Xonar Essence because of the headphone amp... Ive been using on board sound on my pc and I want to know if my hd555's will need to be amped for bass, because I want to get a card with EAX 5.0 like the X-FI Prelude by Auzentech (for Bioshock mainly).. I really want a way to adjust the bass on my headphones cause the only thing decent sounding for bass was when I plugged them into is a surround sound receiver and I was able to adjust the bass on there and it was no comparison to my on board sound.. Anyway thanks much let me know whats best Gurus up here... Ah I also use a Logitech Z5300 for my 5.1 stuff

If all you're worried about is Bass any soundcard, or any recent onboard for that matter, has an Equalisation menu. Through that you can make your bass as heavy or light as you like. An AMP doesnt only increase bass, it improves everything. Given your tastes [bass head] and intended uses [music as well as gaming] i'd probably stick with the Prelude.

By the way EAX does actually work in Vista, however its software emulation much like GX on the Xonar line, except the Xonars emulation doesnt function correctly on any game i've tried, most all of them recent.

Jan 7, 2009 at 11:27 PM Post #270 of 2,066
Quote:

Originally Posted by Auidodude34 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For those that order from NCIXUS.com how long did it take to ship out? I order on saturday and still hasn't ship out. I'm worried if they don't ship it out before the stock runs out i'm F*&^%.

This reply to my email

Due to the holiday season, our shipping team is very busy in handling all shipment but they will do their best to get orders shipped out as quickly as possible. At the moment, the order is waiting for shipping. Once the shipment is made, our Shipping Dept will provide you a tracking number by email. Please feel free to let us know If you have any further requests regarding the order.
Thanks for your patience!

I ordered mine on Saturday as well, received it today. There were 7 in stock that night so you -should- get one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back