XMOS XU208 USB BRIDGES - THE LATEST GEN HAS ARRIVED!
Mar 27, 2016 at 8:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3,865
An update to my Gustard U12 thread - announcing the newest generation of DDC's based on the new XMOS 200 series chips:

The XU208 for example has twice the processing power of the U8 - 1000MIPS

http://www.xmos.com/products/silicon/xcore-200/xu-series

The xCORE-200 USB family of devices (XU and XUF) extends the popular xCORE architecture to provide increased performance, memory footprint and flexibility for the most demanding applications.
xCORE-200 XU/XUF integrates up to two USB 2.0 PHYs (host or device) and implements a dual-issue processor pipeline to boost peak compute performance to 4000MIPS and 2000MMACS. Up to 1024KB on-chip SRAM memory is available. Each member of the xCORE-200 family has an embedded flash option for applications where additional security is required.

Features

1. Devices ranging from 8 to 32 cores
  2. Multicore compute between 1000MIPS (8 core) and 4000MIPS (32 cores)
  3. Flexible, high performance configurable I/O capability
  4. Integrated USB 2.0 PHY for high/full-speed host and device operation
  5. Up to 2048KB on-board memory for demanding applications
  6. Embedded QuadSPI flash options - up to 2048KB on-board
  7. DSP integration using our native 32b/64b instructions
  8. Free software library support to implement your exact mix of peripherals
  9. Easy to use with our free xSOFTip Explorer and xTIMEcomposer Studio tools

I have two new DDC boards in the mail and should be here in the next week or so:

The Q1-S featuring the XU208 with the ultra low phase noise NDK SD clocks.  I actually bought the X1 with the NDK clocks -the Q1-S is close but only a 2 layer board vs 4 layer for the X1.

Product Description:

X-1 digital interface of our team to develop a high-performance USB digital audio interface, using the XMOS latest xCORE-200 series chips. X-1 is the rare Japanese KDS low jitter TCXO clock digital system interface. X-1 digital interface using standard USB2.0  input interface, while X-1 has a wealth of output interfaces, including coaxial RCA and I2S interfaces.

Features:

1, X-1 is the first use of XMOS latest xCORE-200 series USB interface digital products. New generation XMOS chip, using more advanced process technology, performance than the older U8 chip doubled, reaching 1000MIPS processing capabilities.

2 , it is known, the core of the algorithm is heavy digital audio. Our team in the field of digital audio work for many years, at the same time get XMOS FAE support team, we conducted a number of technical improvements and optimization algorithms on the basis of the original firmware.

Specifications:

Each output interface supports sample rates:

PCM: 44.1KHz, 48KHz, 88.2KHz, 96KHz,

176.4KHz, 192KHz, 352.8KHz, 384KHz

[ Wherein I2S out support full sample rate , S / PDIF supports up to 192KHz]

DSD: 2.8 MHz (DSD64) - DoP, native

5.6 MHz (DSD128) - DoP, native

11.2 MHz (DSD256) - native

[ Wherein I2S out support all DSD format , S / PDIF and AES / EBU support DSD64 DOP mode ]

Bits wide: the highest 32 bit over I2S output

The highest 24 bit over S / PDIF

Each interface electrical standards:

1 , USB input socket is a standard USB-B type female, USB power supply range 4.5V-5.1V ;

2 , RCA connector outputs standard S / PDIF  signal level is 550mV ( standard connection load ), the output impedance of 75 ohms; 

Design details:

1 , carry out electricity as the mother of the acoustic design concept, pay attention to the power supply circuit design, high-performance, low noise and fast response of the LDO as the main power source. The entire board using a 2 -way independent of the LDO power supply, wherein the clock even partially adopted ADI 's ultra low noise LDO , in order to ensure the ultimate output performance laid a solid foundation.

2 , PCB motherboard with 4 -layer circuit board design, make sure you have a complete ground plane and power planes, high-speed digital design methods to ensure signal integrity and power integrity of the entire board. The clock signal special treatment, the use of package design and precise impedance control, thereby ensuring the signal quality and increase the clock anti-jamming capability. Input and output signals are to follow standard design, especially USB high speed signals using a 90 ohm differential impedance control.

There appears to be a i2s version available called the Q-1.

Code:
[color=rgb(33, 33, 33)][left] Each output interface supports sample rates : PCM: 44.1KHz, 48KHz, 88.2KHz, 96KHz,     176.4KHz, 192KHz, 352.8KHz, 384KHz     [ Wherein I2S out support full sample rate , S / PDIF supports up to 192KHz] DSD: 2.8 MHz (DSD64) - DoP, native     5.6 MHz (DSD128) - DoP, native     11.2 MHz (DSD256) - native     [ Wherein all DSD format support I2S out , S / PDIF support DSD64 DOP mode ] Bits wide : the highest 32 bit over I2S output       The highest 24 bit over S / PDIF System Compatibility :[/left][/color]

And the more sophisticated Singxer F-1 XU208 using the totl Crystek CCHD-575 ultra low phase noise clocks.  But some other interesting features:

Specifications:

Each output interface supports sample rates:

PCM: 44.1KHz, 48KHz, 88.2KHz, 96KHz,

176.4KHz, 192KHz, 352.8KHz, 384KHz

[ Wherein I2S out support full sample rate , S / PDIF supports up to 192KHz]

DSD: 2.8 MHz (DSD64) - DoP, native

5.6 MHz (DSD128) - DoP, native

11.2 MHz (DSD256) - native

[ Wherein I2S out support all DSD format , S / PDIF and AES / EBU support DSD64 DOP mode ]

Bits wide: the highest 32 bit over I2S output

The highest 24 bit over S / PDIF

Product Description:

F-1 digital interface of our team to develop a high-performance USB digital audio interface, using the XMOS latest xCORE-200 series chips. F-1 is the use of ultra- low-jitter digital clock system interface. F-1 digital interface using standard USB2.0  input interface, while F-1 has a wealth of output interfaces, including coaxial RCA and I2S interfaces.

Features:

1, F-1 is the first using the XMOS latest xCORE-200 series of high-end USB digital interface products. New generation XMOS chip, using more advanced process technology, performance than the older U8 chip doubled, reaching 1000MIPS processing capabilities.

2 , it is known, the weight of the core is digital audio algorithms. Our team in the field of digital audio work for many years, at the same time get XMOS FAEsupport team, we conducted a number of technical improvements and optimization algorithms on the basis of the original firmware.

1. Full isolation technology, 150Mbps full-chip isolation, interference can be completely isolated from the PC;

2. Source synchronous shaping technology and CPLD technology, I2S signal isolation after the re-shaping; thus eliminating the isolation chip to bring added jitter.

3. The independent development of the system clock, usingCRYSTEK customized high-performance crystal, ultra-low phase noise, low jitter.

Our team in the field of digital audio work for many years, at the same time get XMOS FAEsupport team, we conducted a number of technical improvements and optimization algorithms on the basis of the original firmware.

Design details:

1 The entire board using 2 independent way of LDO power supply, wherein the clock even partially adopted ADI 's ultra low noise LDO , in order to ensure the ultimate output performance laid a solid foundation.

2 The PCB motherboard with 4 -layer circuit board design, ensure that you have full power and ground plane layer, using the method of high-speed digital design, signal integrity and power integrity of the entire board. The clock signal for special treatment, using package design and precise impedance control, thereby ensuring the signal quality and increase the clock anti-jamming capability. Input and output signals follow a standard design, especially USB high speed signals using a 90 ohm differential impedance control.

Here is my current ranking of the many USB Bridges I've had - Let's see if this new generation can beat the top ones:

Here would be my current ranking and ratings:
PUC2 Lite TeraDak DC30W/Cerious/Regen135
DXIO Silver/TeraDak DC-30W/Cerious      130
PUC2 Lite - USB power                          110
Breeze/Cerious Graph/WBT RCA Nexgen   109
Breeze with Cerious Graphene                108
Breeze DU-U8 (Talema version)                98
Breeze DU-U8 (BingZi version)                 95
Hydra Z with LPS                                    92
Melodious MX-U8 (upgraded caps)             85
Melodious MX-U8 (stock)                          81
Gustard U12 (upgraded caps)                    76
Gustard U12 stock                                   72
iDAC DAC2 (used as a DDC)                      65
Musiland USB3.0 US Dragon                      65
M2Tech EVO with LPS                               60
Audiophileo 2                                          50
M2Tech Hiface                                         40

Mar 28, 2016 at 4:46 AM Post #3 of 3,865
pls compare with diyinhk pro4A.

Mar 28, 2016 at 9:50 AM Post #4 of 3,865
  Hi.
Have these interfaces a direct internal power supply  (without USB) and I2S output ?

No direct power feed - but there are many solutions for USB power - I'm currently using a PUC2 Lite and a DIYinHK DXIO Pro3a.  The PUC2 lite has USB power only - the Pro3a can be powered either way.

I don't use I2S for my DACs- only SPDIF - but it appears that they have the pins out on each board for I2S.

Here is what has worked for me on the USB powered DDCs:

So far the best is the TeraDak DC-30W/Cerious/DC iPur to the Regen then the iPur2.0 to the PUC2

the next best the iUSB2.0/iPower 9VDC/DC iPur/iPur 2.0,

then the 5VDC iPower/DC iPur/Pur 2.0

Note all using a JB at the PPA2.0 modded into a VBUS blocker (and power and ground pin severed). 2G cable (no power leg with the Regen).

The iPurifier 2.0 relocks so need to be powered...now getting ultra low noise +5VDC from the Regen.

Each level of AC/DC filtering has opened up the sound - just shows how awful our modern day electrical grid is - digital noise pollution is horrendous.  cleaning the power is especailly noticeable on digital chain.  With all these femto second clocks - super sensitive to jitter effects and PS noise of many kinds.

Edit:On the i2s - "Screw position, I2S pin position is fully compatible with  Italy Amanero module."

Mar 28, 2016 at 10:08 AM Post #5 of 3,865
  pls compare with diyinhk pro4A.

Well the X1-S is similar - but has the better XU208 vs the U8

The F-1 XU208 has chip based noise isolation (CPLD Xilinx) for SPDIF like the Tanly (Spartan FPGA) and Hydra Z (Atmel FPGA?) - and looks like a unique USB chip based isolation system on the board.  Won't know more until the board arrives and I can get a closer look at the dual large chips in the middle.

Also has multi LDO ultra low noise regulation via the ADI LDO's - but again will need to see which exact chips used.

Here is the U8 based Tanly:

Hydra Z:

Note both use FPGA isolation and Crystek CCHD-957 audio clocks.

Mar 29, 2016 at 11:25 AM Post #7 of 3,865
i saw this one month ago at taobao,
if only they have finished product not diy like like this i will buy without thinking

so this f1 board does it need any transformer like talema or murata
or just plug it with usb then the coax out to dac?

Mar 29, 2016 at 11:29 AM Post #8 of 3,865
oh my god i just check taobao they already have finished product but it costly man
very costly compare to melodius or gustard it cost $300

here is the pic

SU-1 digital interface of our team to develop a high-performance USB digital audio interface, using the XMOS latest xCORE-200 series chips. SU-1 is a self-developed ultra- low jitter clock system ( Crystek of CCHD-957 series ), with astandard USB2.0  input interface, rich output interfaces, including XLR balanced output AES, coaxial RCA and BNC, use HDMI socket output I2S interface output word clock WCLK.

SU-1 long-time research and development for nearly a year, which has gone through many twists and turns and variables.

SU-1 is the first machine we have developed equipment that is positioned in the high-end interface, is used mainly in the following three main technologies:

1, full isolation technology (ground isolation), the use of 150Mbps full-chip isolation, interference can be completely isolated from the PC;

2, source synchronous shaping technology and CPLD technology, I2S signal isolation after the re-shaping; thus eliminating the isolation chip to bring added jitter;

3, the independent development of the system clock, using CRYSTEK high-performance oscillator, low phase noise and low jitter.

plz somebody tell me is the hdmi i2s output support audiogd master 7?
god this is so fast!!!

Mar 29, 2016 at 2:09 PM Post #9 of 3,865
  i saw this one month ago at taobao,
if only they have finished product not diy like like this i will buy without thinking

so this f1 board does it need any transformer like talema or murata
or just plug it with usb then the coax out to dac?

This board takes it's power from the USB +5VDC leads - many ways to cleanly power it - as I spelled out.  Like the highly regarded Yellowtec PUC2 Lite.

Right now my PUC2 is fed from a Regen (which has on board 1uV ultra low noise regulators) which steps down +7VDC to +9VDC incoming voltage to +5VDC out, besides relcocking the USB data stream and impedance matching.  The Regen has a 2.5mm ext power feed - I'm using a linear power supply TeraDak DC-30W filter with a iFi DC iPurifier.

This power chain is much better then either the on board AC to DC power supplies of the Gustard U12, Melodious or the Breeze Audio.  For one the TeraDak uses an R-Core transformer vs the Talema Torodial - much better noise rejection. 

Mar 29, 2016 at 2:23 PM Post #10 of 3,865
  oh my god i just check taobao they already have finished product but it costly man
very costly compare to melodius or gustard it cost $300

here is the pic

SU-1 digital interface of our team to develop a high-performance USB digital audio interface, using the XMOS latest xCORE-200 series chips. SU-1 is a self-developed ultra- low jitter clock system ( Crystek of CCHD-957 series ), with astandard USB2.0  input interface, rich output interfaces, including XLR balanced output AES, coaxial RCA and BNC, use HDMI socket output I2S interface output word clock WCLK.

SU-1 long-time research and development for nearly a year, which has gone through many twists and turns and variables.

SU-1 is the first machine we have developed equipment that is positioned in the high-end interface, is used mainly in the following three main technologies:

1, full isolation technology (ground isolation), the use of 150Mbps full-chip isolation, interference can be completely isolated from the PC;

2, source synchronous shaping technology and CPLD technology, I2S signal isolation after the re-shaping; thus eliminating the isolation chip to bring added jitter;

3, the independent development of the system clock, using CRYSTEK high-performance oscillator, low phase noise and low jitter.

plz somebody tell me is the hdmi i2s output support audiogd master 7?
god this is so fast!!!

Nice find!

The SU-1 is basically a F-1 board with it's own AC to DC power supply - would love to see one with the cover off.  For example which transformer they are using - power filter caps - any additional PS regulation besides the ADI LDO's on the F-1 board. 

Got to get me one to try - but with shipping $350!  Still half the price of the Tanly...

And this...
3, the power input is 220V AC, internal use RS importing adapter for power. 

Does have it have switchable voltage like the U12 to 110V or 120V?

The advantage of the F-1 is you can feed it a very high quality linear power supply by simply using a split USB cable like the Lightspeed 2G and a linear power supply like the TeraDak X-1 or DC-30W, Paul Hynes (the ultimate!), Tedy Pardo, upcoming Uptone LPS, etc...

Still curious about how they do the:

That is the first I have seen of that technology built into a DDC - maybe the Berkerly Apha USB...

Mar 30, 2016 at 3:26 AM Post #11 of 3,865
Manufacturer links:
http://www.singxer.com/pd.jsp?id=19

XMOS Evaluation board:
http://www.singxer.com/nd.jsp?id=27

F1:
http://www.singxer.com/pd.jsp?id=72

Taobao:
F1:
https://world.taobao.com/item/527371251516.htm?spm=a312a.7700714.0.0.rlNzjI#detail

SU-1:
https://world.taobao.com/item/528898172401.htm?spm=a312a.7700714.0.0.YPsJIb#detail

XMOS in general:
https://world.taobao.com/search/search.htm?_ksTS=1459325024886_20&spm=a21bp.7806943.20151106.1&search_type=0&_input_charset=utf-8&navigator=all&json=on&q=USB%E6%95%B0%E5%AD%97%E7%95%8C%E9%9D%A2&cna=%2FlEKD%2FQGDxkCAVQaJtIQz78a&callback=__jsonp_cb&abtest=_AB-LR517-LR854-LR895-PR517-PR854-PV895_2461

Mar 30, 2016 at 7:13 AM Post #13 of 3,865
  Does anyone know if the su-1 aKA SINGXER HDMI I2S SUPPORT Audio GD master 7 hdmi i2s input without any modification
thanks very much

How could we know if there even is NO info available right now? If they have some sort of connection scheme to share with us,
yes, then we could tell you if it's compatible with M7.

Maybe you could opt asking Kingwa to contact Singxer and confirm it is compatible.

广州声仕电子有限公司
·地址:广州市番禺区新造镇北约村新北工业园F区
·电话:156-2212-8276
·联系人:陈先生
·邮箱:leter@singxer.com

Mar 30, 2016 at 10:48 AM Post #14 of 3,865
  Does anyone know if the su-1 aKA SINGXER HDMI I2S SUPPORT Audio GD master 7 hdmi i2s input without any modification
thanks very much

Does the Audio GD Master use the Amanero i2s pinout?  This was up on the original F-1 ad I bought from - should be the same for the SU-1 as they are both made by Singxer "I2S pin position is fully compatible with  Italy Amanero module"

Very excited - my boards should be here next week.  The EMS package went out a week ago.

Checked on Computer Audiophile's threads - nothing on either of these new devices - in fact nothing on the XU208 (unless I'm missing some thing).

Breaking new ground!

The F-1 and SU-1 150Mbps USB isolation looks very interesting - the Tanly and the Hydra Z use something similar I believe  - both twice the price.

I'll order an SU-1 today to compare.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back