Xmas Surprise for Nephew
Dec 23, 2008 at 11:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

tstarn06

Banned
So, I decided that after giving our nephew my Kramer-modded KSC75s when he visited at Thanksgiving, along with a FiiO E3 (he could not believe the new sound from his iPod 5.5g), we would up the ante a notch and give him a new pair of PK3s and a FiiO E5 for Xmas. I told him to call when the PK3s arrived from Head-Fi, so I could tell him about them (which pads to try first, let them burn in a day or two, etc.).

He called to say thanks, he got the package, but while the pad and other accessories were there, no PK3s. The wooden box and plastic cannister (for anyone who has ever owned PKs, you know the drill) were there, but nothing inside the cannister and no ear buds anywhere. He and his family thought it was April Fools, not Xmas. Had a good laugh.

I dropped Fang at Head-Direct an email, and I know he will make good on it. But I also suggested he look inside those cannisters prior to mailing. He's a very honest, good Head-Fi sponsor, so I was just breaking his stones. Only downside is my nephew and his family are driving to Florida for the holidays, so he'll have to make due with the KSC75s and E3. I told him to bring along a lot of AAA batteries.

Dec 24, 2008 at 12:19 AM Post #3 of 7
That must have been a huge letdown!
I know I'd be sad lol

and I wish I had an uncle like you!!

Dec 24, 2008 at 12:27 AM Post #4 of 7
That's too bad, sorry to hear. Somehow I think he'll be just fine though.
atsmile.gif
You're a good uncle for doing that.

Dec 24, 2008 at 1:19 AM Post #5 of 7
If it'd been me, I might've asked that the PK2 (or OK3, if those are any good) be sent out as a replacement instead of the PK3, if only because this did kind of ruin a Christmas present.

I'm sure it was an honest mistake either way. Still, a bit funny that all the other crap got in there but not the actual main product.
ksc75smile.gif

Dec 24, 2008 at 1:37 AM Post #6 of 7
Fang responded in 15 minutes and is sending out the PK3s tomorrow. I thought about asking for an upgrade, but to be honest, I think the OK lineup (I had the OK3s) is a smidgen larger than the PKs, and hurt my ears (the PKs didn't). I really regret selling off my PK3s, in fact. Since PK2s are no longer for sale on Head-Direct, I was happy he rushed out the order tonight. More worrisome is my MiniboxE+ amp won't take a charge, and I shipped it to Fang, and he hadn't seen it. USPS says it was delivered Friday. Hmmm. Hope no one stole his mail.

He's a very good guy, in fact, one of the best Head-Fi sponsors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back