xluben's FiiO E11 and PA2V2 Photos and Review
Mar 19, 2014 at 10:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

xluben

500+ Head-Fier
I just got a FiiO E11 and also dusted off my PA2V2 (that I got nearly 9 years ago!).  I decided to take some photos, and I will post some more thoughts and comparisons once I have done a bit more listening on both.  

First here are some photos of the FiiO E11.  I got the package on Amazon that includes a spare battery and charger.

Comes in a nice metal tin with two rubber bands, USB charging cable, and 90 deg 3.5mm cable.

Back side shows off the "Kilimanjaro" name.

The right side has Gain (H and L) and EQ (0, 1, 2).

The volume knob also acts as power on/off and is mostly covered to prevent accidental volume changes.

The top has a power light and charging light.  The mini USB charging port is on the side.

The bottom cover is removed to expose the battery.  The cover is made of very thin metal.

The battery can be removed to expose a High/Low Power switch.  

The body of the E11 is molded plastic.

Another shot of the back side.

Size comparison vs. the Moto X.

Size comparison vs. the Moto X and Beyerdynamic DT770 PRO.

Size comparison vs. Shure SE215.

FiiO E11, Moto X, and Shure SE215.

Mar 19, 2014 at 10:27 PM Post #2 of 6
Here are some photos of the PA2V2.  Mine was the first one with a clear faceplate :)

Front view.  Clear faceplate.  Blue LED.

Rear 3/4 view.

PA2V2 opened up.

Inside the PA2V2.

Front 3/4 view inside the PA2V2.

Underside of the PA2V2 circuit board.

Top of the PA2V2 circuit board.

Apr 8, 2014 at 3:54 PM Post #5 of 6
I meant this to be a review, but I really haven't gotten around to it yet.  I just got the PA2V2 back, so I'm going to listen a bit more and then write up my thoughts.

So far I'd have to say I prefer the PA2V2 overall, but they both have pluses and minuses.  In terms of sound signature and build durability I think the PA2V2 wins out.

Apr 8, 2014 at 7:33 PM Post #6 of 6
Thanks for the impressions. I'll be interested to hear more when you get around to it. I like my PA2V2, but have wondered about the E11 from time to time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back