XLR Interconnects?
Sep 17, 2021 at 10:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

WoollyGeezer

100+ Head-Fier
Does anyone have good recommendations for XLR interconnects? I a/b'd my mogami 2549/Arctic Cables Magnus interconnects and I personally notice a massive difference between the two. So now I am a believer. The Magnus is still "burning in" but currently, it sounds somewhat messy/unclear/artficial and lack the kick, neutrality and intimacy that my 2549s have provided coming out of my Soloist 3X.

I use hifiman ananda/arya depending on the music type with a Susvara on the way.

Perhaps I should continue my burn-in with Magnus and see if anything changes? The bass lost its kick and it's very apparent when going between the two. Nothing is wrong with the interconnects either as per my multimeter.

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2021 at 10:46 PM Post #2 of 5
My favorite so far is the Wireworld Eclipse 8.

In terms of timbre, the Blue Jeans Canare L-4E6S sounded very good as well, but otherwise a bit fuzzy.

Much to my surprise I preferred both interconnects mentioned above over Lavricables Grand 20 Core silver ones (0.5 m).

Tested the 0.5 m long version between a Bifrost 2 and a Gustard H20 with SparkoS SS3602 opamps, driving the Ether C Flow 1.1 with bass port stickers removed via a 4-pin XLR Lavricables Grand 20 Core silver cable (2 m).

Sep 17, 2021 at 10:52 PM Post #3 of 5
My favorite so far is the Wireworld Eclipse 8.

In terms of timbre, the Blue Jeans Canare L-4E6S sounded very good as well, but otherwise a bit fuzzy.

Much to my surprise I preferred both interconnects mentioned above over Lavricables Grand 20 Core silver ones (0.5 m).

Tested the 0.5 m long version between a Bifrost 2 and a Gustard H20 with SparkoS SS3602 opamps, driving the Ether C Flow 1.1 with bass port stickers removed via a 4-pin XLR Lavricables Grand 20 Core silver cable (2 m).
I almost ordered the Wireworld Eclipse 8 but I assumed the Magnus Interconnects were going to be very similar considering they are also 18gauge occ7.

Edit: I stand corrected, the Wireworld Eclipse 8 is actually 21AWG on their XLR set.

Does anyone have any experience with cable burn in?

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2021 at 11:08 PM Post #4 of 5
I almost ordered the Wireworld Eclipse 8 but I assumed the Magnus Interconnects were going to be very similar considering they are also 18gauge occ7.
Just looked at Arctic cables and only saw headphone cables, do you have a link for the interconnects?

Edit: I stand corrected, the Wireworld Eclipse 8 is actually 21AWG on their XLR set.
Correct, 21 AWG for the hot/cold and 18 AWG for the ground (did the math and got confirmation from Wireworld).

Does anyone have any experience with cable burn in?
No. While I have heard differences between cables I have yet to observe cable burn in, despite Lavricables saying theirs need 150h.

Sep 17, 2021 at 11:12 PM Post #5 of 5
Just looked at Arctic cables and only saw headphone cables, do you have a link for the interconnects?

Correct, 21 AWG for the hot/cold and 18 AWG for the ground (did the math and got confirmation from Wireworld).

No. While I have heard differences between cables I have yet to observe cable burn in, despite Lavricables saying theirs need 150h.
It was a custom request that was added to my Magnus headphone cable order. 3-18awg wire configuration made with the same material as the headphone cables.

Surprisingly I'm also a fan of the stock cable sonically and according to HifiMan the cable isn't copper but "(of crystalline copper and crystalline silver wire)"

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back