Xiaomi Pistons 3.0 Impressions Thread
Jan 4, 2017 at 9:26 AM Post #931 of 992
Hello guys, well i've a Piston 3, i love it but i need something better already, would Vsonic GR07 be a good upgrade from these IEMs? i would use these for listening music only(Jazz-Fusion, Prog Rock, Zeuhl, etc..).

Jan 4, 2017 at 10:43 AM Post #932 of 992
Hello guys, well i've a Piston 3, i love it but i need something better already, would Vsonic GR07 be a good upgrade from these IEMs? i would use these for listening music only(Jazz-Fusion, Prog Rock, Zeuhl, etc..).

http://www.head-fi.org/products/1more-triple-driver-in-ear-headphones-with-in-line-microphone-and-remote/reviews/17738

The Triple Driver is made by the same company as well as it shares the same shape in a way. You can read the reviews at Head-Fi?

I have never heard it but the reviews make it out to be like an enhancement of the Piston 3 sound. It's a little bit steely and cold in the upper treble and reserved mids, just like the Piston3?

Maybe ?

Too bad there are not more members which have both.

On a side note, I have a pretty big collection of Magma CDs. Obscure live recordings and such!

Jan 4, 2017 at 10:59 AM Post #933 of 992
Yeah, i really love Magma too, at the moment i'm listening to Kohntarkosz :), but i'm trying to find a sound more 'neutral' and analytical to the Piston 3, because i'm starting to listen to some Jazz-Fusion, Avant-Jazz music that requires more clarity and instrument separation, i was feeling that i would need some more clarity when i was listening to Zao - Shekina and Eider Stellaire, and Dedalus(an fusion italian album, very good) would gain from more clarity too, you would think that the Vsonic GR07 would be a upgrade in this case?

Jan 4, 2017 at 12:55 PM Post #934 of 992
I've been looking at the gr07 as well for some time now but I'm on the edge between them and the gr01s. Any other people with an opinion? I know the gr07 is more bassheady but I do love my detail and gr01s have such good reviews

Mar 19, 2017 at 4:47 AM Post #935 of 992
Are the Piston 3 currently being sold on Gearbest real or fake?

http://www.gearbest.com/earphones/pp_169225.html

I ordered thinking they were a good source since The Headphone List links to them, only to read all this talk about fakes afterward.

Mar 19, 2017 at 5:23 AM Post #936 of 992
It's unusual for gearbest to sell clones but of course the easiest way to tell will be to see them and try them out when they have arrived. Send some pictures and we can have a look. Mine came from gearbest a while back and they're genuine

Mar 20, 2017 at 2:00 AM Post #937 of 992
Are the Piston 3 currently being sold on Gearbest real or fake?

http://www.gearbest.com/earphones/pp_169225.html

I ordered thinking they were a good source since The Headphone List links to them, only to read all this talk about fakes afterward.

Very strange as the price too seems way to low. And the fact that you can't buy them anywhere? Listening will be proof as all the fakes sound like crap. Just send them back if fake.

Mar 20, 2017 at 4:01 AM Post #938 of 992
Just to chip in again I did get mine for a similar price but I know it does vary a lot from place to place as all Chinese goods does when buying abroad. When are they meant to arrive?

Mar 20, 2017 at 8:43 AM Post #939 of 992
Gearbest just sent them out today. I opted for priority shipping so 7-10 days from now. I was tempted to order the Pro HD but figured it's probably a good idea to see how this turns out before starting the shopping spree.

Mar 25, 2017 at 12:50 PM Post #942 of 992
I was looking at the Piston 3 Colorful yesterday. I'm just so scared of fakes, as I just purchased my first Piston 3 fake this week. I have spent enough time with learning about fakes that it should not have happened. It's just that the fakes are getting really good. Perfect looking control wands, and all the small microscopic burnished lines in the aluminum, just like the real ones.

Still the leaning comes from the sound. If you have originals and know the sound of the originals then there is simply no comparison in sound. Also the fakes are light weight and don't have exactly the same build.

Still confusion was started by the company in a way. There are so many sub models that it's hard to keep track of everything.

Absolutely it is a pain down there to track genuine xiaomi's and also naming and designing them so similar it is so confusing that sometimes you are not sure what you are getting

Mar 25, 2017 at 1:30 PM Post #943 of 992
I bought 4 pairs from ibuygou and they're legit. The first post of this thread suggests trusted sellers / stores. Penonaudio.com is another one.
If you buy from other places you are risking a bit, in my humble opinion.

Mar 25, 2017 at 2:40 PM Post #944 of 992
I bought 4 pairs from ibuygou and they're legit. The first post of this thread suggests trusted sellers / stores. Penonaudio.com is another one.
If you buy from other places you are risking a bit, in my humble opinion.

First time i hear from that ibuygou site, penon i know it already and recently bought from them but not a xiaomi iem

Users who are viewing this thread

Back