Xiaomi Pistons 3.0 Impressions Thread
May 14, 2015 at 11:15 PM Post #256 of 992
Was impressed with the sound initially for the price but my Piston 3 purchased from TinyDeal has begun exhibiting a serious defect. The right earbud tonight started producing static, and a noticeable but minor shock that I can feel on the right side of my face. Perhaps their manufacturing is off, but you get what you pay for apparently. Was initially so impressed I was going to give these as gifts but am disappointed that these are already malfunctioning and are potentially dangerous.

Edit: the issue seems to not be occurring anymore but if it happens again I will be returning these.

May 15, 2015 at 4:12 AM Post #257 of 992
I am currently looking for a more "solid" feel and even bigger of eartip. Anyone has any recommendations? 

May 15, 2015 at 7:19 AM Post #258 of 992
I just received my Piston 3.0 and they are great. I was afraid that they would have enough bass and sound level but that is not the case. Also, they are indeed much more comfortable. I definitely recommend them!

May 15, 2015 at 4:04 PM Post #261 of 992
What is that? I searched and found nothing. Do you have a link?

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/New-Arrivel-XIAOMI-1MORE-Piston-Gold-Earphone-Super-bass-Metal-In-Ear-For-Xiaomi-Samsung-LG/32282554994.html
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2015-Newest-Xiaomi-Partner-Original-1MORE-Piston-Pod-Earphone-In-Ear-HiFi-Headphones-for-Xiaomi-Note/32296058948.html

Just found out that it's not Xiaomi but Xiaomi's partner (1more).

May 16, 2015 at 5:12 PM Post #265 of 992
I am really looking forward to my V3. If Xiaomi really tamed the bass and cleared up the mids, I couldn't be happier. The technicalities of the V2 were pretty nice, its signature was just a bit weird. I still liked them with some equalizing.
The V3's form factor also looks very promising. I made very good experiences with the angled nozzle shape.
A little concern I have is isolation. I plan to use them on bus and train commutes. Low-isolating IEMs force me to turn the volume up and influence the sound.

May 16, 2015 at 5:23 PM Post #266 of 992
I am really looking forward to my V3. If Xiaomi really tamed the bass and cleared up the mids, I couldn't be happier. The technicalities of the V2 were pretty nice, its signature was just a bit weird. I still liked them with some equalizing.
The V3's form factor also looks very promising. I made very good experiences with the angled nozzle shape.
A little concern I have is isolation. I plan to use them on bus and train commutes. Low-isolating IEMs force me to turn the volume up and influence the sound.
I use them to go to work on the street and find the isolation to be pretty good, actually. It was something I was worried also since the Piston 2.0 were pretty good on that department, imo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back