Xiaomi Piston 3 (2015)
Dec 25, 2015 at 12:31 AM Post #151 of 169
That's interesting. I had exactly the same problem with my Piston 3's. After 2 months I was getting only 50% volume in the left earpiece.  Gearbest offered to replace them for the price of postage: $4.50. So I'm awaiting my second pair. Hope these will last longer.

Jan 19, 2016 at 6:58 AM Post #153 of 169
4usd???
http://www.ebay.com/itm/For-Xiaomi-Piston-3-Headphone-In-Ear-Headset-Stereo-earphones-With-Remote-Mic-/272050151863?hash=item3f5773e1b7:g:7GsAAOSwt6ZWV~7a

Jan 22, 2016 at 2:52 AM Post #154 of 169
I'm wary of these too cheap chinese sellers ... been scammed before. At 4 USD, I'd be confused how you can produce a nicely designed piece of earbud with that soundquality. It'd be a crazy good value. And if things sound too good, it's time to get sceptical, usually.

Jan 28, 2016 at 9:33 PM Post #155 of 169
Just got my new pair. I had barely started listening to the first song, and I was already impressed. I started hearing more of the song I hadn't before. Granted, before I started using them, I wasn't sure if I got a legitimate one. Scanning the first QR code, it lead me to some random app, which got me worried. Then, I scanned the second QR code on the earphones themselves. which lead me to the Xiaomi website, causing me to think it's a legit pair. I will say that the stock tips suck, and I had to use the Sony Hybrids to have a proper fit. Those are my current two cents on it.

Feb 17, 2016 at 1:19 PM Post #156 of 169
Are these original or a fake? Never saw that many colors, buttons are different, price is cheaper.
http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Original-Xiaomi-piston-3-Earphone-Dazzle-colour-version-Super-bass-Metal-In-Ear-headphones-for-black/211885_32439904651.html

Feb 17, 2016 at 4:05 PM Post #158 of 169
Looks like Youth Edition 

Apr 9, 2016 at 5:28 PM Post #160 of 169
Got mine today, they are a legit pair (the tiny qr code says so, and they seem to be made of good quality materials) but coming from my other cheapo set Sony ex50lp these sound muffled?
Are these supposed to be better than those Sonys?

It might be that I'm not used to them yet, going back and forth the Sonys really have highs that pierce your eardrums but overall they sound twice as clear.
Did I get a bad pair or something?

edit: just plugged them into my phone, as soon as I do google now opens, the sound is TERRIBLE and I can't hear vocals, when I HOLD the middle button everything goes to normal What?
Also fuzzy sounds when I tap on my phone/open an app etc

Fixed itself after plugging into pc and phone again

Jul 6, 2017 at 7:30 AM Post #163 of 169
Can someone please tell me what is the nozzle diameter of the Xiaomi Piston 3.0? I can't seem to find that info anywhere and want to order some foam tips from ebay.
Cheers

According to theheadphonelist, it is 4.5mm but I think it's slightly smaller, like 3.5-4mm. SpinFit CP100 fit, IIRC.

I use mine with the gray double flanges from EarSonics so they stay steady in my ears (I can jog) and sound great.

Last edited:
Jul 7, 2017 at 3:29 AM Post #165 of 169
My best sounding tip has been the Sony Hybrid tips. They get pushed all the way back, which seems to add a treble sparkle to the Piston 3s which they need. I've probably have posted this before in this thread, but I just can't get over the results.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back