Xiaomi Piston 3 (2015)
Apr 4, 2015 at 8:03 AM Post #64 of 169

Yup, same one! I'm not in the know technically behind it, but they certainly do work with other xiaomi devices (as expected). Would be great if they did work on the XT1033 but not a deal breaker for me.

The 2nd gen works with all the remotes, but the 1st gen unfortunately is hardware limited to only work with the middle button. Not a huge loss since the phone is THAT good for the $300 price tag it came out with. It is by far the best Android experience I've ever had (and the cheapest). Before it I had the OG Samsung Note which was good but not this good. The Moto G is truly butter smooth, and it gets all the latest update really quick. 

Did you get it because of the dual sim? I got mine coz it was the cheapest. Had to get it on eBay coz they don't sell em in Australia. If I was ever to update my phone I would probably go with whatever the latest iteration of the Moto G is available at the time. 

Apr 4, 2015 at 10:50 AM Post #65 of 169

The 2nd gen works with all the remotes, but the 1st gen unfortunately is hardware limited to only work with the middle button. Not a huge loss since the phone is THAT good for the $300 price tag it came out with. It is by far the best Android experience I've ever had (and the cheapest). Before it I had the OG Samsung Note which was good but not this good. The Moto G is truly butter smooth, and it gets all the latest update really quick. 

Did you get it because of the dual sim? I got mine coz it was the cheapest. Had to get it on eBay coz they don't sell em in Australia. If I was ever to update my phone I would probably go with whatever the latest iteration of the Moto G is available at the time. 

Ah, thanks clearing that up. Yeah, the two big reasons I got it was for the price and that it was the closest thing to a Nexus device. I love how Motorola kept their modifications of the stock Android to a minimum - I think what Samsung does with Touchwiz, LG, etc are a bit too much for me. Less bloat, better use of hardware in my opinion. The dual sim was also another winner as I knew I'd be travelling a bit and roaming would come in handy along with a local sim.

Second gen Moto G looked great for it's price as well. Looking forward to see what they'll do with the 3rd gen one. Hopefully with continual support for the headphones :)

Apr 4, 2015 at 5:55 PM Post #66 of 169
Yeah the 2013 Motorola devices don't have support for the three-button remote. My 2013 Moto X is the same. 

All 2014 and later Motorola devices support three-button remotes I believe.

Apr 8, 2015 at 1:28 AM Post #68 of 169
How about sound stage? I believe this is more important

Apr 10, 2015 at 3:50 PM Post #70 of 169
Review here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/general/accessories/review-xiaomi-pistons-3-0-ear-t3075352

Apr 10, 2015 at 4:25 PM Post #71 of 169
Posted this in the other thread (why are there two threads exactly?):

And...they're here! One day shipping from Hong Kong to the UK! I bought them from Penon Audio and they've included some free ear tips. They're black on the outside with orange inners. Any idea what brand these are? They're really comfortable.

The stock tips still don't seal that well so some third-party tips would probably be a good idea still. The barrel size is much smaller this time around so that might make more ear tips available?

Sound wise, they're still V-shaped but I would say the higher frequencies are a bit better defined - they're clearer. Bass is still quite emphasised but it's not distracting. Comfort-wise, they're way more comfortable. The way they are curved means they fit my ears nicely. They don't rub against my ears like the Piston 2s did - the fact that they were made of metal probably didn't help either (the Piston 3s are plastic).

Overall, I'd say the upgrade probably is worth it but only just. The improved comfort is one of the main reasons for the upgrade, if you found that that was an issue with the Piston 2. Either way, I'm impressed!

Apr 10, 2015 at 6:49 PM Post #74 of 169
Oh I thought they were some highly sought after ear tips that I'd he able to pay off my phone buying addiction with - oh well.

They're really quite comfortable and they fit the Piston 3s perfectly.They seal much better than the stock tips which again are uncomfortable and let loads of outdoor noise in.

Apr 10, 2015 at 6:52 PM Post #75 of 169
Oh I thought they were some highly sought after ear tips that I'd he able to pay off my phone buying addiction with - oh well.

They're really quite comfortable and they fit the Piston 3s perfectly.They seal much better than the stock tips which again are uncomfortable and let loads of outdoor noise in.

They do boost isolation pretty well. I don't have the 3.0, but the piston 2.0's tips were way to flimsy. They do work really well on the JVC FXT90s, so they still have value :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back