Xiaomi In-Ear Headphones Pro HD (2 +1 Hybrid)
Jun 13, 2017 at 10:35 AM Post #661 of 888
However my pair seems to have a amnufacturing defect straight out of the box -- a channel imbalance on the left side. It seems the wiring of a driver in the left earpiece either went out or there is a different problem entirely.

Is such imbalance perceivable during normal listening or did you take some specific tests?

Jun 13, 2017 at 5:50 PM Post #662 of 888
Is such imbalance perceivable during normal listening or did you take some specific tests?

Definitely perceivable during normal tests, since that was the first thing I noticed upon first listen. I did some tests with a tone generator to note the difference, and it made out to be around 5-7dB difference, so definitely noticeable.

Jun 14, 2017 at 10:33 PM Post #663 of 888
Definitely perceivable during normal tests, since that was the first thing I noticed upon first listen. I did some tests with a tone generator to note the difference, and it made out to be around 5-7dB difference, so definitely noticeable.

Most decent sellers will exchange them with channel imbalance defects, especially somewhere like Gearbest.

Get 'em swapped out man; 5-7db is too big of a difference to just eat it IMO.

Jun 22, 2017 at 6:35 PM Post #665 of 888
Hi guys, I have recently bought a reissued piston 2.0 plus (from Penon) by 1more. I read that it was slightly retuned. I never heard the originals but these sound great, I tip rolled and settled for fiio medium tips - big bass, not too loose or flabby, very nice mids and good highs that never sound harsh. I also have basic version of piston 3 and they leaned towards neutral signature, I slapped triple flange tips from hifiman 300 and they are bass canons - love these two.
I want to add more 1more/xiaomi earphones to my growing collection. I am undecided between penon' offering of voice of china by 1more and this hd version of xiaomi hybrid. I live the build and looks of voice of china, 1 more earphones are better built and few reviews I read on it are positive, I love all frequencies but I am a mids guy and all reviews say voice has beautiful mids.
On the other hand reviews and impressions on this hd hybrid are mixed. Anyone has or tried both? Can you compare this hybrid to 1 more vouce of china? Thanks

Last edited:
Jun 22, 2017 at 7:06 PM Post #667 of 888
Hi guys, I have recently bought a reissued piston 2.0 plus (from Penon) by 1more. I read that it was slightly retuned. I never heard the originals but these sound great, I tip rolled and settled for fiio medium tips - big bass, not too loose or flabby, very nice mids and good highs that never sound harsh. I also have basic version of piston 3 and they leaned towards neutral signature, I slapped triple flange tips from hifiman 300 and they are bass canons - love these two.
I want to add more 1more/xiaomi earphones to my growing collection. I am undecided between penon' offering of voice of china by 1more and this hd version of xiaomi hybrid. I live the build and looks of voice of china, 1 more earphones are better built and few reviews I read on it are positive, I love all frequencies but I am a mids guy and all reviews say voice has beautiful mids.
On the other hand reviews and impressions on this hd hybrid are mixed. Anyone has or tried both? Can you compare this hybrid to 1 more vouce of china? Thanks

I've had both the xiaomi pro hd & the 1more triple, and while the triple is a little better, it is definitely not worth 5xs the cost of the Xiaomi Pro HD. I would get the Pro HD in a minute for $20 - there's a million other things you can spend the $80 savings on, like a headphone amp or DAP.

Last edited:
Jun 22, 2017 at 7:40 PM Post #668 of 888
Hi, thanks for the input but I was not talking about ine more triple driver nut about 1more voice of china which is retuned verdion of piston 3 with red cable..:)

Jun 22, 2017 at 8:31 PM Post #669 of 888
Hi, thanks for the input but I was not talking about ine more triple driver nut about 1more voice of china which is retuned verdion of piston 3 with red cable..:)

gotcha. No clue then. Never even heard of it.

Jun 24, 2017 at 2:10 AM Post #671 of 888

Er... me 2? $3.00 less than I spent to get a backup pair on 12 June, arrived 22 June.

All in all, though, very much worth it. Nicer than the original hybrid, I already had a regular and a gold set with the white cable of that one. EQ is definitely your friend with either, but smoother top end on the Pro makes the adjustment a bit easier. Also easier - and less expensive - than the RE0 or RE400 to drive, and doesn't need the same level of in-ear seal. Really my go to buds these days; the Piston 3 hangs from the mirror in my car for running into the store...

Jul 7, 2017 at 4:12 PM Post #673 of 888
Just bought them. I wanted to buy also some triple flange sleeves. Does anybody know the size of the noozle or point me to compatible triple flanges? Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back