Xiaomi Hybrid IEM Thread (Piston successor)
Dec 23, 2015 at 7:06 AM Post #436 of 856
Just received this item yesterday.
Well, my first impression OOTB is the bass is quite deep and big... too big for me. It is also a little bit boomy.
Mid is OK for me. A little bit recessed.
High is not bad but not detail and sparky enough for me.
The build quality is quite nice, combination of metal and plastic housing.
Considering the price, I think its still OK.
But I'm definitely selling them due to the bass.
The sound signature is not into my liking.
I prefer piston 3 than this hybrid.
Just my 2 cents. :)

Dec 23, 2015 at 8:24 AM Post #438 of 856

I'm not overly treble sensitive so I think they would be fine. That said, while I've been following the A2 and other hybrids, there aren't really any out there that peak my interest atm. I'm more down for microdriver iems (6mm and smaller) which seem seem to offer the best of both BAs and DDs; amazing detail and speed of a BA while offering up the fantastic bass performance and natural sound of a DD. That's where the FXH30 comes in. Still haven't found anything that dethrones them (for my preferences). 

cool.gif
You know you are starting to talk me into them don't you Scrambler?

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Dec 23, 2015 at 8:51 AM Post #439 of 856
  Just received this item yesterday.
Well, my first impression OOTB is the bass is quite deep and big... too big for me. It is also a little bit boomy.
Mid is OK for me. A little bit recessed.
High is not bad but not detail and sparky enough for me.
The build quality is quite nice, combination of metal and plastic housing.
Considering the price, I think its still OK.
But I'm definitely selling them due to the bass.
The sound signature is not into my liking.
I prefer piston 3 than this hybrid.
Just my 2 cents. :)

TL;DR it sounds dark.

Dec 23, 2015 at 10:29 AM Post #440 of 856
I've been following discussions in this thread for some time now and it seems that this iem has a "dark" signature which is not to my taste... I like the sound of the Koss Portrapro. Do any of you guys have that headphone? Can you compare them please? Thanks

Dec 23, 2015 at 12:36 PM Post #441 of 856
cool.gif
I'm happy with this IEM. It has come along nicely. It is everything I expected and more. I just ordered the 1More version in white from Gearbest to see if there is a difference in audio quality.

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

Dec 23, 2015 at 1:32 PM Post #442 of 856
Hi Twin AC,
I'm actually waiting for my units to arrive. Bought two, one for me and the other as a gift for my brother (but I don't think it'll get delivered before Christmas). Looks like you're the biggest fan of these iems here. I sure hope to hear what you hear when our headphones arrive. If my brother won't take his as soon as it arrives I'll compare the OOTB vs a burned-in unit, just to see if there is some credit to that sorcery. :)
My ears hurt with the PL11's bass so I think I'm a bit sensitive to bass. If these phones are too bassy for me even after burn-in, I'll have to let them go.

Dec 24, 2015 at 4:38 AM Post #444 of 856
Considering this, havi b3 or one of these KZ earphones... I like bass, clear voice I listen mostly to (alternative) RnB

I never tried KZ earphones. But if I compare Havi b3 pro 1 and hybrid, the details, imaging, soundstage of havi is unbeatable. Havi's bass is not as big and as deep as hybrid. For clarity, Havi is better IMO.
So it will be back to you, which do you prefer to have, bigger and better bass or better clarity. Be noted however, Havi need more power to drive to shine better.

Dec 25, 2015 at 12:58 AM Post #445 of 856
At the end of the day, I'm not impressed by these. Definitely prefer the piston 3.0 to the hybrids. I've given it enough time, I think, and I'm not seeing any more changes. True the highs opened up just a bit more, but I was looking for a change in the mids.
I'll sell my pair to anyone in the US who wants it for $15 without packaging. Just iem and extra stock tips.

PM me if you're interested.
I'll also post it in the for sale thread soon.

Dec 25, 2015 at 7:59 PM Post #447 of 856
I just got these and they sound really bad, very dark.

How can i check i didn't get a fake?

Where did you get it from? Reputable?
Do they improve with burn in? You might notice some changes after the 70 hour mark.

Dec 25, 2015 at 8:08 PM Post #448 of 856
Considering this, havi b3 or one of these KZ earphones... I like bass, clear voice I listen mostly to (alternative) RnB

If you like clear vocals these might not be for you. V-shaped with recessed mids. You might be better off with Pistons 3, or KZ ED09 or ED3c.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back