Xiaomi Hybrid IEM Thread (Piston successor)
Dec 17, 2015 at 4:12 AM Post #391 of 856

I never asked you what you "refer it to", the question was the official name, not your "community invented" name.

It looks like Xiaomi is filled with a bunch of retards that don't understand a quite simple question. I think they expect everybody to not just read Chinese, but also understand what they mean ("unliterally")

What a bunch of clueless slackers. Even the cheapest Chinese company gives international model numbers or names to their products, but the all mighty Xiaomi is too patriotic or something to name their products.

I am more interested to know why are you being so upset and fixated over the model name of one IEM. Actually no - I am really not that interested at all. My advise is - move on to something in your life that is more constructive and positive, like listening and enjoying the IEM instead of cursing it for not having an official English name.

Dec 17, 2015 at 4:21 AM Post #392 of 856

I am more interested to know why are you being so upset and fixated over the model name of one IEM. Actually no - I am really not that interested at all. My advise is - move on to something in your life that is more constructive and positive, like listening and enjoying the IEM instead of cursing it for not having an official English name.

Did I ask you for a life advice? If you have nothing to answer for the question, go back to your business and do not reply off-topic nonsense.
I'm a reviewer myself, and if you're a real reviewer then you should have known that when reviewing a product you must refer it by its official name, and a guy above mentioned that he was instructed to change his review title from "Xiaomi Hybrid IEM" to "Mi In-Ear Headphones Pro".
I need the official name for the review, that's all there is to it.

Dec 17, 2015 at 4:31 AM Post #393 of 856

Did I ask you for a life advice? If you have nothing to answer for the question, go back to your business and do not reply off-topic nonsense.
I'm a reviewer myself, and if you're a real reviewer then you should have known that when reviewing a product you must refer it by its official name, and a guy above mentioned that he was instructed to change his review title from "Xiaomi Hybrid IEM" to "Mi In-Ear Headphones Pro".
I need the official name for the review, that's all there is to it.

This is an open forum, I can reply to any post I like, annoying you as much as you have annoyed others, me included.
wink.gif

So, Mr. Real Reviewer - just write down how angry you are over Xiaomi about their non-exsiting name in your review then, because frankly I am tired of reading about it in this thread as if it is some kind of international event. Judging from the replies you got from this thread so far, I think I am probably not the only one.

Dec 17, 2015 at 4:40 AM Post #394 of 856
LOL I think they answered the question pretty well. They said they its not officially out yet for the EU/US market, so there is no official English name for it. So whats the problem again?

Dec 17, 2015 at 4:51 AM Post #395 of 856
LOL I think they answered the question pretty well. They said they its not officially out yet for the EU/US market, so there is no official English name for it. So whats the problem again?

The "problem" is that you are calling their earphones "Piston" (a literal translation from Chinese) while it was never coined by Xiaomi, yet when I literally translate the new earphones to "Iron Ring" / "Ring Iron" whatever, suddenly I'm "not supposed to" translate it literally.
This is an official statement from Xiaomi Customer Service I just received:

We apprecaite your interest toward our products. As you said, the Xiaomi piston is not official name raised by Xiaomi.
And currently, we haven't officially sold earphone products in your region yet.
we only had headphone for sell on our official website: http://www.mi.com/en 

Dec 17, 2015 at 5:03 AM Post #396 of 856
The "problem" is that you are calling their earphones "Piston" (a literal translation from Chinese) while it was never coined by Xiaomi, yet when I literally translate the new earphones to "Iron Ring" / "Ring Iron" whatever, suddenly I'm "not supposed to" translate it literally.
This is an official statement from Xiaomi Customer Service is just received:

Firstly, I didn't call them anything. And secondly, Xiaomi weren't the first company to mention "iron ring" in their description. All they're saying is that they are literally hybrid earphones. Its not their fault that the literal English translation is "Iron Ring", that's just the way it is. The reason why people call them pistons is because of the previous IEMs by Xiaomi were pistons so its easier to call them that then making up some random name for them. Calling them iron ring is wrong because it is literally wrong. I don't get why its so hard to understand, and even more dumbfounded why all the drama about it?

Dec 17, 2015 at 5:24 AM Post #397 of 856
Firstly, I didn't call them anything. And secondly, Xiaomi weren't the first company to mention "iron ring" in their description. All they're saying is that they are literally hybrid earphones. Its not their fault that the literal English translation is "Iron Ring", that's just the way it is. The reason why people call them pistons is because of the previous IEMs by Xiaomi were pistons so its easier to call them that then making up some random name for them. Calling them iron ring is wrong because it is literally wrong. I don't get why its so hard to understand, and even more dumbfounded why all the drama about it?

I give up, call it whatever you want...

Dec 17, 2015 at 6:24 AM Post #398 of 856
This is just ******* hilarious. 
popcorn.gif

Anyway, back on topic. What kind of tips do you guys use with these Xiaomi Hybrids? I've been switching back and forth between the stock tips and some foam tips. Don't really notice much of a difference in terms of the sound.

Dec 17, 2015 at 10:39 AM Post #399 of 856
Quite possibly the worst conversation I have ever read. It's like if Sheldon from the "big bang theory" lived in the real world.

I'm sticking to my guns and say these are power hungry that scale well

Well ... He found out the truth himself.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/684159/chinese-asian-brand-info-thread-headphones-iems-amps-dacs/20460#post_12170232

Dec 17, 2015 at 2:33 PM Post #401 of 856
Quite possibly the worst conversation I have ever read. It's like if Sheldon from the "big bang theory" lived in the real world.

cool.gif
I have only one thing to interject into this conversation:

You had to Know this was coming.

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
TWIN

Dec 17, 2015 at 9:09 PM Post #403 of 856
I caught up on the last few pages of this thread and I'd have to say, there was a hell of a lot of drama over the naming. The root of the problem is that Xiaomi didn't publish an English name (they COULDN'T think of one either). I'm glad it got sorted out. 

Now back on topic -  I'd have to say I was not a strong believe of burn-ins, but after listening to these for over a month with significant burn-in - the difference is amazing. I actually bought another pair just to test it out and I can immediately tell the difference between the OOTB and my burned-in pair. 

That said, I do have to agree with TwinACStacks here, burn-in is a topic we should avoid in this forum. 

Quote:

cool.gif
I disagree. I've done it many times. In SOME cases there is NO difference but in the majority there is some, all the way to a Radical change.  Some are 20 Hours, certain Headphones 300 Hours. Metal Diaphrams take longer.

My best example are these very earphones. I have heard these 4 times. OOTB, an extended listen, and 2 times since. OOTB and 1st extended listen they sounded virtually like everyone is saying Dark, indistinct, not impressive. My 3rd listen they were Treble Rockets I had to change tips that got it under control.

I just listened to them briefly @166 Hours. They are a totally different earphone than OOTB. They are anything but Dark and indistinct. They have very good clarity, TONS of treble, Mids have moved nicely out in front so they are not obscurred by low Mids and Bass. The Bass Has tightened up considerably and is fast enough to hang with speed metal transitions. There is a tiny bit of Bleed over into the low mids with certain material. And of course the Bass is EQ'd upfront, that is apparent.

NO WAY is this Audio memory. I rotate my travel phones between 6 pairs, and at any given time I can have 2-4 pairs Burning in that I listen to at apprx. 50 Hour intervals.

I KNOW what I hear. 9times out of 10 other posters will agree with me about the changes they have heard IF they believe in Burn In.

So far these are the ONLY Earphones other than the Sennheiser IE8 That can render the Bass with correct depth to 2 Solo Jagger tunes: Dancing in the Twilight and Goddess in the Doorway.

With all due respect I suggest we simply agree to disagree.

Burn In is a Hot button topic which we try to avoid. JMHO

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

My honest opinion is- if you don't believe that burn-in works for these, buy 2 pairs and give it a try. 

Dec 17, 2015 at 9:59 PM Post #404 of 856
Just received mine today from GearBest. OOTB impressions, sounds quite a bit darker than my TTPOD T1E. When compared to the TTPOD with no EQ, it sounds more balanced (T1E had a nasty 3kHz peak that had to be tamed). I am by no means an audiophile as my music source is a Samsung Note 3.

Love the fabric (kevlar?) cable. Build quality is great but does not look as cool as my T1E :p

Dec 17, 2015 at 10:31 PM Post #405 of 856

The worse conversation I read was in fiio m3 thread with a guy asking if they can made the m3 with batteries AAA or with a bigger battery so he only charge the m3 once aa month, and he put that hundred of times

Users who are viewing this thread

Back