Xiaomi Hybrid IEM Thread (Piston successor)
Dec 2, 2015 at 10:22 AM Post #273 of 856
cool.gif
Very Nicely done donmarkon.  Keep it up.

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Dec 2, 2015 at 5:44 PM Post #275 of 856
I don't believe in burn in but we'll leave that out here. I've seen many wars between burn in vs non burn in.

The stock tips are really crap though. Using the ones off eBay with a red core increases the seal and isolation but still dark sounding to my ears. 

Dec 2, 2015 at 8:19 PM Post #276 of 856
Agreed. More like our ears adapting to the sound sig of the earphones.

Dec 3, 2015 at 2:22 AM Post #278 of 856

These measured pretty well, low distortion and good bandwidth. It's bass looks a bit much and treble pretty conservative but overall great value it seems.

Now, has anyone tried coveting it's vent to reduce bass?

Dec 3, 2015 at 4:25 AM Post #279 of 856

The stock tips of any xiaomi iems are pretty bad.
Thankfully I have a collection of tips coming my way :blush:

I don't believe in burn in but we'll leave that out here. I've seen many wars between burn in vs non burn in.

The stock tips are really crap though. Using the ones off eBay with a red core increases the seal and isolation but still dark sounding to my ears. 

Yeah I am NOT digging these tips.. did you find any to just fit snugly?  All tips are pretty loose on me (there's a joke in there somewhere).

That being said.. what tips did y'all buy?

Dec 3, 2015 at 6:03 AM Post #280 of 856
Just got my hybrids. I ordered KZ's silica gel memory foam tips (4mm hole size and 5mm) and their whirlwinds.

My initial impression, sounds very very dark. If this is what people call dark then I prefer bright clear IEMs. I'll leave it to burn in overnight.

Dec 3, 2015 at 8:51 AM Post #281 of 856
cool.gif
I'm not going to start any opinion wars here. ALL that I can tell you concerning these new Xiaomi is that if you don't have the proper tips, and have used them for a PERIOD of time, and have concluded they are just average or so-so....

Then you are doing yourselves a great disservice. I just had an 8 Hour listening session with my Pair that now have 99 Hours on them.

These Xiaomi are WAY better than you guys seem to be giving them credit to be. I can safely tell you that Initial impressions on these which I posted previously don't mean Squat.

Don't get me wrong, they aren't what most would call Audiophile, they have a U shaped EQ, with a shorter leg on the Treble side of the U, and yes, the low and mid bass are boosted. But they still are a very pleasant listen. The Bass is no longer bloated or boomy, it is tight and fairly fast with a Tiny bit of bleed over into the lowmids, (something quite common with earphones with EQ boosted bass frequencies). They are no longer Dark. In fact I had to change tips because they became ridiculously bright, with the stock tips. The mids in the vocal range have stepped forward from a V to a U and are now no longer hidden or masked by other frequencies. The Treble from the B/A has stepped forward and is quite nice. Not Sharp or spikey but definitely noticable.

These are becoming very nice.

JMHO

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Dec 3, 2015 at 12:05 PM Post #282 of 856
Just got my hybrids. I ordered KZ's silica gel memory foam tips (4mm hole size and 5mm) and their whirlwinds.

My initial impression, sounds very very dark. If this is what people call dark then I prefer bright clear IEMs. I'll leave it to burn in overnight.

Try covering the vents

Dec 3, 2015 at 2:01 PM Post #283 of 856

Do you have a link?  I've tried looking online for 'em but was only able to find this: http://www.banggood.com/KZ-One-Pair-In-ear-Silica-Gel-Earmuffs-Earplug-Cover-For-In-ear-Earphone-p-992917.html

Dec 3, 2015 at 2:39 PM Post #284 of 856
I'd be interested to know what tips have good synergy with themas well.

Dec 3, 2015 at 3:19 PM Post #285 of 856
I'd be interested to know what tips have good synergy with themas well.

cool.gif
At First, I rolled 5 different tips Stock, Auvios, Spinfit, Trinity Stock, and Sony Hybrids. Out of those the Stock sounded the Best, IMHO. I then started burn in and left them to cook. At about 65-68 Hours I tried them for a Quick listen. I was Floored. They had become insanely BRIGHT.

Same Material, Same Source, Same Tips. Same exact insertion and axis rotation in Ear canal. What would you conclude?

Same as I did. the EQ had changed. OKAY. My GO TO eartips are Sony Hybrids and Auvios as they tend to sound good on a Vast majority of IEMs in my personal experience. I don't use foamies as I just can't seem to get them to sound consistently the Same no matter how I roll them or insert them.

The Clear winner (no surprise really) Are the Auvios. They are Heavier silicone material, Hybrid Large Bore centers. I tried the Mediums and although they sounded great I was experiencing some seal leakage. So I tried the LARGES.

BINGO.

http://www.amazon.com/AUVIO-Large-Silicon-Tips/dp/B00MY9T7AO

These Earphones are getting quite good the longer I "USE" *cough, cough* them.

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back