1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Xiaomi Hybrid IEM Thread (Piston successor)

First

Back
20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29
31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40
Next

Last
  1. creavasst
    Just received this item yesterday.
    Well, my first impression OOTB is the bass is quite deep and big... too big for me. It is also a little bit boomy.
    Mid is OK for me. A little bit recessed.
    High is not bad but not detail and sparky enough for me.
    The build quality is quite nice, combination of metal and plastic housing.
    Considering the price, I think its still OK.
    But I'm definitely selling them due to the bass.
    The sound signature is not into my liking.
    I prefer piston 3 than this hybrid.
    Just my 2 cents. :)

inuz likes this.
  2. inuz
    Will anyone know how they sound compared to the KZ ATE?

3. TwinACStacks
    [​IMG] You know you are starting to talk me into them don't you Scrambler?

[​IMG][​IMG] TWIN

4. DaveLT
    TL;DR it sounds dark.

5. vetsin
    I've been following discussions in this thread for some time now and it seems that this iem has a "dark" signature which is not to my taste... I like the sound of the Koss Portrapro. Do any of you guys have that headphone? Can you compare them please? Thanks

6. TwinACStacks
    [​IMG] I'm happy with this IEM. It has come along nicely. It is everything I expected and more. I just ordered the 1More version in white from Gearbest to see if there is a difference in audio quality.

[​IMG][​IMG] TWIN

7. vetsin
    Hi Twin AC,
    I'm actually waiting for my units to arrive. Bought two, one for me and the other as a gift for my brother (but I don't think it'll get delivered before Christmas). Looks like you're the biggest fan of these iems here. I sure hope to hear what you hear when our headphones arrive. If my brother won't take his as soon as it arrives I'll compare the OOTB vs a burned-in unit, just to see if there is some credit to that sorcery. :)
    My ears hurt with the PL11's bass so I think I'm a bit sensitive to bass. If these phones are too bassy for me even after burn-in, I'll have to let them go.

8. TheWeeknd
    Considering this, havi b3 or one of these KZ earphones... I like bass, clear voice I listen mostly to (alternative) RnB

9. creavasst

I never tried KZ earphones. But if I compare Havi b3 pro 1 and hybrid, the details, imaging, soundstage of havi is unbeatable. Havi's bass is not as big and as deep as hybrid. For clarity, Havi is better IMO.
    So it will be back to you, which do you prefer to have, bigger and better bass or better clarity. Be noted however, Havi need more power to drive to shine better.

10. atomikn00b
    At the end of the day, I'm not impressed by these. Definitely prefer the piston 3.0 to the hybrids. I've given it enough time, I think, and I'm not seeing any more changes. True the highs opened up just a bit more, but I was looking for a change in the mids.
    I'll sell my pair to anyone in the US who wants it for $15 without packaging. Just iem and extra stock tips.

PM me if you're interested.
    I'll also post it in the for sale thread soon.

city2026 likes this.
  11. Feahnor
    I just got these and they sound really bad, very dark.

How can i check i didn't get a fake?

12. ezekiel77

Where did you get it from? Reputable?
    Do they improve with burn in? You might notice some changes after the 70 hour mark.

13. ezekiel77

If you like clear vocals these might not be for you. V-shaped with recessed mids. You might be better off with Pistons 3, or KZ ED09 or ED3c.

14. TheWeeknd
    okay thanks but I ordered them but unfortunatly I couldn't cancel the order... but thanks maybe I will consider these alongside the pistons

15. Feahnor
    Yes, i got them from a reputable seller. I even passed the authenticity test.

I don't know about the burn in, I just got them and only had a 15 hour burn in so far.

First

Back
20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29
31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40
Next

Last