XENNS (previously known as Mangird) Impressions Thread
Sep 16, 2021 at 5:29 AM Post #646 of 909
Does Anyone compared this to 64 audio Nio?

my Xenns arrive tomorrow cant wait to compare this

ive tried compare the graph on crinnacle https://crinacle.com/graphing/tooliemfree.html?share=Nio_M15,UP

graph.png

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2021 at 7:16 AM Post #647 of 909
Hey guys, I need your help before I decide to return the Mangrid tomorrow.
Recently I've ordered a Mangrid tea but I've discovered it too much bright for me. And that I am VERY treble+upper mids sensitive.
I saw people have Mangrid and a copper cable does it makes it warm enough?
I used it with silver stock cable which might have done it brighter. Does the improvement on the copper cable is noticeable enough for me not to return the Tea?
I've ordered a copper cable with balanced 2.5mm jack to go with Qudelix 5k I own. This cable is recommended here in head-fi.
https://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot...erId=8138516251756569&productId=1000007909452
This cable will be good also for other Iem I have-Tripowin tc-01 that has also harsh trable+ upper mids but just slightly . (I was actually surprised it is much less than Mangrid.... Mangrid is just too harsh for me now).
What do you say? what cable do you use with Mangrid? Any of you use it with copper and notice big diffrence in upper mids and treble?

Sep 18, 2021 at 8:35 AM Post #648 of 909
Hey guys, I need your help before I decide to return the Mangrid tomorrow.
Recently I've ordered a Mangrid tea but I've discovered it too much bright for me. And that I am VERY treble+upper mids sensitive.
I saw people have Mangrid and a copper cable does it makes it warm enough?
I used it with silver stock cable which might have done it brighter. Does the improvement on the copper cable is noticeable enough for me not to return the Tea?
I've ordered a copper cable with balanced 2.5mm jack to go with Qudelix 5k I own. This cable is recommended here in head-fi.
https://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot...erId=8138516251756569&productId=1000007909452
This cable will be good also for other Iem I have-Tripowin tc-01 that has also harsh trable+ upper mids but just slightly . (I was actually surprised it is much less than Mangrid.... Mangrid is just too harsh for me now).
What do you say? what cable do you use with Mangrid? Any of you use it with copper and notice big diffrence in upper mids and treble?

The Teas are not bright in comparison to the TC-01, and much warmer than the Tripowin's v-shaped signature.

but still return it within the time frame when you can.

A cable isn't going to fix something that you didn't like in the beginning. I believe in cables but they aren't magic potions.

1631968120444.png

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2021 at 9:00 AM Post #649 of 909
The Teas are not bright in comparison to the TC-01, and much warmer than the Tripowin's v-shaped signature.

but still return it within the time frame when you can.

A cable isn't going to fix something that you didn't like in the beginning. I believe in cables but they aren't magic potions.

1631968120444.png
Interesting...
In reality it is quite different the Tripowin are more soft, though they not as rich as Mangrid.
Ok thanks for helping to decide. I would return them.

Sep 18, 2021 at 9:58 AM Post #652 of 909
So an alternative for warmer iem, soft but still clean and clear sound..and wide soundstage not too front sound. would be Globe / Orb / H40/ Est50?
∆ What I spotted as alternatives and hopefully some of you tested and can give recommendations..

Sep 18, 2021 at 11:55 AM Post #657 of 909
How is tour exprience with the fit of the EJ07?
The Mangrid didn't scored for me with the fit either. The best Mangird Tea eartips was still a compromise(but i've only tried the stock eartips+final audio eartips). I really tried to make it happen for me with th Mangrid after all the enthusiastic reviews, but I suppose it just misses big time for me.

Sep 18, 2021 at 12:58 PM Post #659 of 909
How is tour exprience with the fit of the EJ07?
The Mangrid didn't scored for me with the fit either. The best Mangird Tea eartips was still a compromise(but i've only tried the stock eartips+final audio eartips). I really tried to make it happen for me with th Mangrid after all the enthusiastic reviews, but I suppose it just misses big time for me.

Were they too large or too small for you? Mangird / Shuoers are more or less regular size nozzles. I am beginning to think that you didn't get a good seal so you're only hearing the trebles, thus explaining the sharpness you're hearing.

If you have giant ear canals. Then consider Moondrop iems. Variations could be a better fit.

If you have very small ears, you can consider Etymotics, Westone or Shure.

If not any of those, you can try to get a CIEM which maybe a one-stop-shop endgame for you. The price also. A12T comes to mind.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back