Xears Thread (formerly TD III)
Jun 12, 2012 at 2:10 PM Post #811 of 957
Yes, the appearance of xsr330 hold me back from trying in the past.
Don´t you complain about microphonics with the flat cable?
Seemed quite heavy to me with xgf500 

Just my 2 cents about the xm100pro (mini rocket) I own for 2 weeks now.
They´re the brightest xears I heard so far, still have good bass though,
but lightyears away from xe200 and below xt3/xt2pro.
Downside here is noticable sibilance.
Even more with the black "filters".
As you can see on the pic, the filters are only changable nozzles (metal/plastic), nothing inside.
Also they´re the most tiny IEM´s I ever used, not that easy to handle, but no problem at all.
2nd con may be the build quality. Very thin cable,
no reinforcement on the housing.

Also I had a surprising experience with the xe200.
Usually I use (nothing else than) DIY-foam tips of soft-foam.
But the open, more styrofoam-like yellow "classic" are just perfect for the xe200.
Normally the yellow ones are bass-killer, but in this case they adjust the lower end pretty right,
plus more clear mids/treble and detail.
Simply enjoy them now and won´t miss them....

XT3 with "Bilsom" tips :wink:

Jun 12, 2012 at 2:42 PM Post #813 of 957
Hi everyone!

I just registered to post in this thread.
First of I want to thank everyone on this site, since thanks to you I found out about Xears. Really thankfull for this, since the XSR330Pro are the best IEMs I had sofar and I really like them.
Secondly I live in the same city as Thomas and aswell just saw his new IEMs, so I will visist him in the next days to try the new ones.
Thus to thank you I wanted ask you if there is anything you want to know?

till then

Jun 13, 2012 at 5:30 AM Post #816 of 957
Best reg. microphonics is fabric coated cable (imho).
If you meet Thomas, ask him about the announced XT3pro copper.
These are (he) claimed to be successor of XT2pro.
I only bought so much xears to find one better than these, but I didn´t even found a competitor.
The only one is xe200, not better (less bright, clear and detailed) but nearly as good at it´s own way.
(btw) I just received Brainwavz M4 ($28 deal) and first
impression is pretty similar to xe200 (like TDII vs M2)
but just heard few songs.

back to Thomas, I really don´t understand why he stopped producing the XT2pro.
These are still the best sounding IEM I tried*, quite close to my cans (Ultrasone hfi2400) except their stage (of course)
*[IEMs; Denon AHC252/ Xears TM5pro/ Brainwavz ß(v1+v2)/ Xears xgf500/ XM100pro/ XT3/
Phonak PFE112/ TDII/ Brainw.M2/ XE200/ Brainw.M4/ XT2pro]
more ore less in this order

Jun 15, 2012 at 8:09 AM Post #818 of 957
Always been intrigued by Xears but couldn't find any to purchase online (in America) for awhile. But just bought the XR120Pro II for basically $10 in a package deal used. I'm excited to hear 'em.

Jun 17, 2012 at 10:16 AM Post #821 of 957
what sound are you looking for?
As I told above, xe200 sound pretty similar to Brainwavz M4 (mrsp $69), even a little better
(deeper bass and brighter treble)
but you have to prefer bass over detail and clearness.
however, I think for its price (even €38) it´ll be hard to find competitors for xe200.
No idea about the pure audio 800, but regarding their name, I can imagine they´re not
as bass-heavy, maybe better overall - but just guessing :wink:

Jun 17, 2012 at 10:21 AM Post #822 of 957
Quote:
what sound are you looking for?
As I told above, xe200 sound pretty similar to Brainwavz M4 (mrsp $69), even a little better
(deeper bass and brighter treble)
but you have to prefer bass over detail and clearness.
however, I think for its price (even €38) it´ll be hard to find competitors for xe200.
No idea about the pure audio 800, but regarding their name, I can imagine they´re not
as bass-heavy, maybe better overall - but just guessing :wink:

Ok thank you, I prefer music like John Legend, Coldplay, David Guetta, Jamiroquai, some 50 cent. So I look into good bass (and I want my ears are isolated from the rest) but at the same time with good medium and high, before I had sennheiser cx 300 II, but some experts told me that xears 200 pro ebony is much better than sennheiser I used and that are perfect for my requirments. What about your opinion?
I was even considering xears pure audio 800 pro, because of the flat cable is easier to manage, but some friends told me that the best is xears 200 pro ebony (38 euro), what is your opinion?
Is for example DUNU DN-12 Trident better than xe200pro?  or perhaps MEElectronics SP51-BK?
Please someone give me an help :).

I listen music with iphone 4.
Thank you.

Jun 17, 2012 at 5:36 PM Post #824 of 957
Quote:
Are the Xears TD-III v2 still being sold?  I went to xears.com, but I can't find them. 
If they are not being made anymore, what replaced them?

No, I believe they were replaced by the TD4, which now has a black ebony wood edition as seen here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back