xDuoo XD05 Plus: an interesting update
Jan 2, 2020 at 1:47 PM Post #46 of 81
Been toying around with this amp for a couple of weeks, I’m totally happy with its dac capabilities, today I received the Bluetooth dongle, paired with my Apple TV and damn... so happy, love how low latency is with this pairing, power it’s quite amazing on this, overall I can’t complain about this device, figured out that it didn’t work with usb c to usb c since my iPad charger didn’t work, have been using with the usb a to c cable that came with the hiby and A converter to c when requiered.

will definitely sell my d50 and atom, portability in this device is the main reason I like it so much. Hope that battery life length doesn’t diminish so fast. So fast it has surprised me a lot, Pulling so much power with a battery it’s quite outstanding (like the hiby r6 pro and the cayin n6II

I can’t recommend enough this piece of equipment

Does anyone know if there is any way to make the DAC work with a c to c cable? It seems this could be a common problem with DACs, because my Beyerdynamic Fox microphone wouldn't work with c to c( it has a DAC inside). Also, does anyone know if there is a way to make it charge through USB in so I don't have to plug in 2 cables.

Jan 3, 2020 at 12:16 PM Post #48 of 81
I connected a Hugo 2 with this amp with rca plugs. Using the hugo as dac , and this as the amp. Sounded good on a 80 ohm planar.

Jan 3, 2020 at 7:51 PM Post #49 of 81
I used to see the battery percentage of the Bluetooth dongle on my smartphone screen (Samsung SmartThings screen), but it's gone and don't know how to get it back. Anyone?

Got it back with switching SmartThings off and on again.

20200104_014930.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2020 at 1:37 AM Post #50 of 81
Hi I wonder if swapping the opamp will affect the sound from the aux or phone port or both. Also, should I connect everything that does not have an amp the the phone port and everything with an amp to the aux port? Or it doesn't matter and it's just a matter of taste.

Jan 6, 2020 at 9:01 PM Post #52 of 81
My top picks would be the Muses02 and the Burson v5i although the stock setup is pretty darned good to begin with. I tried the vaunted OPA627s and really didn't think they were any better than the stock or if they were, it certainly wasn't enough to justify the spend.

Jan 7, 2020 at 7:32 AM Post #54 of 81
Jan 7, 2020 at 11:30 AM Post #55 of 81
I've decided Im really not a fan of the stock TI OPA1612 opamp. Not at all. It sounds unlike other devices I own. I have only one IEM that pairs well with this opamp and overall, still not as good as a Muse 02.

Jan 7, 2020 at 12:23 PM Post #56 of 81
I'm a guy who can't hear a difference between Ldac Bluetooth and wired, let alone opamps. I'm happy with how the Xduoo xd-05 plus sounds stock, so i will pass the opamp stuff.
And you can't compare fast (switching opamp takes time), which makes it impossible to hear a real difference anyway.
I'm sceptic here.

Jan 7, 2020 at 1:41 PM Post #58 of 81
impossible? Maybe for you.

Untill someone passes succesfully a double blind test with 2 Xduoo's, one with the stock opamp and one with an exotic opamp, i remain sceptic about the subject.

I have seen experienced audiophiles failing in double blind tests with $100 vs $10.000 amplifiers let alone that people can hear a difference between opamps.

Jan 7, 2020 at 1:46 PM Post #60 of 81
Oh we are going down that road.. Have fun with that. I could A/B this any day, super easy man.
Best to leave it at that. If you like a sound like it and enjoy it. If you wanting to buy something new then start believing something is wrong so you can easily buy something new.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back