XDuoo XD-05 Portable Dac/Amp Introduction - Impressions
Mar 12, 2020 at 11:17 PM Post #1,727 of 2,098
That's quite a collection. How does it compare to the Sparkos?

Hi there... Sparkos definitely has more details, more revealing, more layering, a bit brighter sounding... actually Sparkos is a much better technicalities compared to HA8802... but 1 thing I don't like is that it feels "Digital Sounding" compared to HA8802 which has this warm tube analog sound... (I also own DX229)... 2nd thing is Sparkos is way too tall to fit in the case...

If you'd like to use Sparkos... my recommendation is connect it to "Warm" source... mine using M0... thanks... IMO

Best.jpg

Mar 13, 2020 at 11:44 AM Post #1,728 of 2,098
Hi there... Sparkos definitely has more details, more revealing, more layering, a bit brighter sounding... actually Sparkos is a much better technicalities compared to HA8802... but 1 thing I don't like is that it feels "Digital Sounding" compared to HA8802 which has this warm tube analog sound... (I also own DX229)... 2nd thing is Sparkos is way too tall to fit in the case...

If you'd like to use Sparkos... my recommendation is connect it to "Warm" source... mine using M0... thanks... IMO

Best.jpg
I've been curious, but I'm really happy with the Burson dual. It is a great addition. I think anything besides the stock really improves the sound, from my experience and apparently everyone else on this thread. :gs1000smile:

Mar 13, 2020 at 5:41 PM Post #1,729 of 2,098
OK I am loving this unit. I just got it a few days ago and been using them with my DCA Aeon 2 Closed. I love it.

The first day I wasn't sure of the power and didn't feel like it had enough power to move the Aeons but as time passed and both things got some burn in (or electrical load idk) now it seems like it has A LOT OF JUICE.

00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200312211251121_COVER.jpg
00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200312211226078_COVER.jpg

Mar 15, 2020 at 2:29 AM Post #1,730 of 2,098
Im having ang issue pairing may samsung s8 and xduoo xd-05, the audio output is distorted, ive already tested it on other mobile phone having micro usb and it works just fine, i do have 2 type c otg cables, 1 is ifi and 2nd is a generic cable, any workaround? thanks

Mar 15, 2020 at 4:45 AM Post #1,731 of 2,098
OK I am loving this unit. I just got it a few days ago and been using them with my DCA Aeon 2 Closed. I love it.

The first day I wasn't sure of the power and didn't feel like it had enough power to move the Aeons but as time passed and both things got some burn in (or electrical load idk) now it seems like it has A LOT OF JUICE.

00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200312211251121_COVER.jpg00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200312211226078_COVER.jpg
Just turn up the gain, it's 1000mw/32ohm

Apr 3, 2020 at 6:38 PM Post #1,733 of 2,098
Hey guys,

I have a few questions since I am rather (new) to the portable hi-fi gear stuff. This is the stack I'm running right now
00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200330140151949_COVER_2.jpg

1. I'm using Aux cable from the Pioneer XDP-300R to the Xduoo Aux In. Is this the best way to go? I could do USB but I am not sure if the DAC of the Pioneer is better than the DAC of the xDuoo. What would be the best option?
note: yes I could do some testing but I would like to hear the opinion of people with more knowledge than me and the reasoning behind it.

2. Would the OpAmp swap improve the aux in? or just coaxial, optical and usb?

3. Is this the opamp I need? https://www.bursonaudio.com/product/supreme-sound-opamp-v5i/ - Burson V5i Dual x1 ?
Is it too hard to swap? I don't want to damage it

Thanks

Apr 4, 2020 at 6:13 AM Post #1,734 of 2,098
Hey guys,

I have a few questions since I am rather (new) to the portable hi-fi gear stuff. This is the stack I'm running right now
00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200330140151949_COVER_2.jpg

1. I'm using Aux cable from the Pioneer XDP-300R to the Xduoo Aux In. Is this the best way to go? I could do USB but I am not sure if the DAC of the Pioneer is better than the DAC of the xDuoo. What would be the best option?
note: yes I could do some testing but I would like to hear the opinion of people with more knowledge than me and the reasoning behind it.

2. Would the OpAmp swap improve the aux in? or just coaxial, optical and usb?

3. Is this the opamp I need? https://www.bursonaudio.com/product/supreme-sound-opamp-v5i/ - Burson V5i Dual x1 ?
Is it too hard to swap? I don't want to damage it

Thanks
1. dont know how its sounds (dac on xdp) , but maybe xd05 is better, since it has more modern DAC. (maybe?).
2.yes it will change how it sounds, caused by the amp coloration to the sound.
3. what you need is 1pcs of v5iD (the model is the dual, but only need 1 pcs). its very easy to install the opamp. based on my ear, it will give more wider soundstage than the original one and a bit better clarity. not too big but still noticable. the original one was more intimate on the mids.

Apr 4, 2020 at 6:37 AM Post #1,735 of 2,098
hey guys, i want to ask.
is it possible to change the dac on 05 plus (ak4493) to ak4499?, yeah i know it will need some soldering work.
but if i can do that solderring, are there any things to consider for changing the dac? or just solder it and done? thx

Apr 5, 2020 at 7:43 PM Post #1,736 of 2,098
1. dont know how its sounds (dac on xdp) , but maybe xd05 is better, since it has more modern DAC. (maybe?).
2.yes it will change how it sounds, caused by the amp coloration to the sound.
3. what you need is 1pcs of v5iD (the model is the dual, but only need 1 pcs). its very easy to install the opamp. based on my ear, it will give more wider soundstage than the original one and a bit better clarity. not too big but still noticable. the original one was more intimate on the mids.
Thanks for the help. I got the Burson V5i Dual !

I did some testing and ended up liking using USB from the DAP instead of Aux. It sounds better and more detailed. It could be because the XDP (I think) doesn't use its DACs to the full potential when using the Single ended output. I'll do some more testing but the xDuoo just sounds great

Apr 7, 2020 at 11:56 PM Post #1,738 of 2,098
Which one is your favorite and which one you consider the best?

The best I've heard is SPARKOS SS3602... more details, more separation, bigger soundstage than others... but it's way too tall to fit in the aluminum casing... even I've relocated the small cap beside the socket... still slightly too tall, cannot fit the casing...
2nd best is TRULIS HA8802... Its also has big soundstage with really good stage's depth & separation, but what I'd like its has this "Analogue" smooth sound... still good details...
3rd one is TRULIS HA8801... more clarity & details than HA8802... up-close (forward imaging) in your face... less soundstage depth...
That's just my opinion... your preference might be differ... Thank you...

Apr 24, 2020 at 1:42 PM Post #1,739 of 2,098
Got the XD-05+ yesterday. First impression was a bit of a letdown, as the overall sound right out of the box is very similar to what my iBasso DX120 outputs without any additional amping. After a few hours the sound began to open up just a bit though, with a slightly increased sound stage, and a more enjoyable overall sound due to increased instrument separation. I'm going to keep burning it in and start swapping op amps next week. At this point I'll be trying OPA134 (two singles), OPA2134, and the Burson V5i.

My overall end goal is to get a really wide sound stage, great bass control/texture, an overall 'clear' sound (not dark or muddy), and good details. If anyone has any other op amp recommendations that fit that sound signature, let me know.

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2020 at 5:00 PM Post #1,740 of 2,098
Got the XD-05+ yesterday. First impression was a bit of a letdown, as the overall sound right out of the box is very similar to what my iBasso DX120 outputs without any additional amping. After a few hours the sound began to open up just a bit though, with a slightly increased sound stage, and a more enjoyable overall sound due to increased instrument separation. I'm going to keep burning it in and start swapping op amps next week. At this point I'll be trying OPA134 (two singles), OPA2134, and the Burson V5i.

My overall end goal is to get a really wide sound stage, great bass control/texture, an overall 'clear' sound (not dark or muddy), and good details. If anyone has any other op amp recommendations that fit that sound signature, let me know.
The Bursons should check all of those boxes for you. It really improves the unit in every way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back