XDuoo XD-05 Portable Dac/Amp Introduction - Impressions
Oct 14, 2017 at 1:17 PM Post #1,186 of 2,099
I've been trying to install the drivers for the device on Windows 7 64 bit and I would either get the unsigned driver error or "Windows cannot initialize the device driver for this hardware. (Code 37)"
Also, I would always disable driver checking every time I attempt to install it so besides me messing up that part, I have no idea why it's just not installing.
USB OTG with my smartphones work just fine though.

Oct 14, 2017 at 2:23 PM Post #1,187 of 2,099
I've been trying to install the drivers for the device on Windows 7 64 bit and I would either get the unsigned driver error or "Windows cannot initialize the device driver for this hardware. (Code 37)"
Also, I would always disable driver checking every time I attempt to install it so besides me messing up that part, I have no idea why it's just not installing.
USB OTG with my smartphones work just fine though.

What version of the driver are you using? I didn't bother with the driver supplied on the little cd in the box, I used the one available on xduoo's website found here...

http://www.xduoo.com/xduoo/DownList.Asp

Hope this helps.

Oct 14, 2017 at 2:59 PM Post #1,188 of 2,099
What version of the driver are you using? I didn't bother with the driver supplied on the little cd in the box, I used the one available on xduoo's website found here...

http://www.xduoo.com/xduoo/DownList.Asp

Hope this helps.

I'm using XMOS-USB-Drive-V3.0.0. As far as I know this version shouldn't have any problems.

I think the worst case here is that Windows itself needs to be re-installed

Oct 15, 2017 at 5:10 AM Post #1,193 of 2,099
did you remove the previously used driver? this one works for me on 3 different computers, including 2 running win10 with all updates.

Yup, I I removed the previously installed driver.

Sorry for being spoon fed but could you tell me how you installed it? I've read the instructions but I'm pretty I'm just missing something stupid.
And if you do decide to tell me, could you also include how you disabled checking of signed drivers?
I've been using this (https://superuser.com/questions/124112/use-an-unsigned-driver-in-windows-7-x64#comment515055_124712) for disabling it.

Oct 16, 2017 at 3:13 AM Post #1,194 of 2,099
Yup, I I removed the previously installed driver.

Sorry for being spoon fed but could you tell me how you installed it? I've read the instructions but I'm pretty I'm just missing something stupid.
And if you do decide to tell me, could you also include how you disabled checking of signed drivers?
I've been using this (https://superuser.com/questions/124112/use-an-unsigned-driver-in-windows-7-x64#comment515055_124712) for disabling it.
i don't have the dac with me at work atm, but i checked it with sigverif, and these are signed drivers. you don't have to turn driver signature verification off.

also, there is a document called Installation Steps.pdf in the TUSB_v3340.zip for detailed instructions. maybe you just ran the TUSBAudio_CustomizationKit_v3.34.0.exe which would only unpack the drivers. the drivers themselves should be installed by an other file. in my case, the installer was unpacked to the c:\Thesycon\TUSBAudio_v3.34.0\CustomizationKit\DriverPackages\ folder and called XMOS_EVAL_KITS_DriverSetup_v3.34.0.exe. run it with administrator rights and you'll be good. iirc it will ask for the device to be connected at some point of the installation, so be prepared to turn on the dac and connect it via the usb a male-female cable. the microusb cable is only for charging. sorry if i stated something obvious, but who knows what went wrong in your case...

Oct 22, 2017 at 9:31 AM Post #1,195 of 2,099
I have a question to everyone who's had this unit for at least 12 months: is it still working??? (I've had bad experiences of Chinese electronics in the past)

If you still occasionally browse this thread despite months passed by: mine's still working perfectly fine.

Oct 31, 2017 at 2:24 AM Post #1,196 of 2,099
Really considering picking one of these up. Can anyone confirm it works with the apple usb to lightning cable? Was wondering if it needs to be authentic “Apple” or not?

Nov 2, 2017 at 11:39 AM Post #1,197 of 2,099
Hey people I have a question. I have searched a lot but I couldn't find a definitive answer: is the line out of this xduoo real?

why I am asking this? because I want to use it just as a dac. The easy answer should be yes, but I know that some devices uses a "fake" line out. For example the cayin N3 or the shangling M2s uses the same port for line out than for headphone out. And the line out passes through the same amp section and path than the normal headphone out... it is just a simulation and not a real line out directly from the dac.

thanks

Nov 2, 2017 at 10:58 PM Post #1,198 of 2,099
Hey people I have a question. I have searched a lot but I couldn't find a definitive answer: is the line out of this xduoo real?

why I am asking this? because I want to use it just as a dac. The easy answer should be yes, but I know that some devices uses a "fake" line out. For example the cayin N3 or the shangling M2s uses the same port for line out than for headphone out. And the line out passes through the same amp section and path than the normal headphone out... it is just a simulation and not a real line out directly from the dac.

thanks
The line out is real and not variable. I use line out from the xduoo to my jot whenever I use a ps4.

Nov 5, 2017 at 4:22 PM Post #1,199 of 2,099

thanks
the line out and the headphone out sound completely different. the headphone out is harsh, nervous sounding compared to the line out when connected to my myryad z40 headphone amp. also, as @User00 pointed out, the line out is fixed level.

also, there's a pic of the mainboard here:
https://headphoniaks.com/xduoo-xd-05-amplificador-auriculares/
i'm no expert in electronics, but maybe you can figure out the answer to your question.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back