XDuoo XD-05 Portable Dac/Amp Introduction - Impressions
Mar 9, 2017 at 12:26 PM Post #992 of 2,099
Thanks Guys for the suggestion on how to replace the screws. If anyone is interested this is what I got
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01J7IUBG8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1'

Thanks again took only a minute to pop them in without any issues.

Mar 12, 2017 at 12:25 AM Post #994 of 2,099
Just got my Xd-05 and I'm loving everything about it. Hopefully I´ll be getting the V5i in the next week. But there is something that really annoys me and after reading pages on different threads I haven't found any mention of it.

The thing is with the volume knob. If for some reason while listening to music I want to turn the volume completely down, when I turn the knob all the way to "cero" if I just put a tiny little bit more force to it the device will turn off.

It's driving me crazy because I have no idea if this is common or if I got a defective unit. 

Mar 12, 2017 at 12:45 PM Post #999 of 2,099
If I use a 6.35 -> 3.5 adaptor, won't it degrade the sound? 
I'm really keen to try the 05 out, but I only use IEMs.

Mar 12, 2017 at 1:35 PM Post #1,000 of 2,099
  If I use a 6.35 -> 3.5 adaptor, won't it degrade the sound? 
I'm really keen to try the 05 out, but I only use IEMs.

A good adapter won't degrade the sound. The resistance is neglectable. It just need a tight connection with the 3.5mm jack. I have several adapters, only two of them have tight connection. Others are loose, and make noise when I touch them.

Mar 16, 2017 at 6:02 AM Post #1,002 of 2,099
  Update:  I switched back to the OPA1612 to do some trouble shooting.  The Xd-05 works perfectly with the OPA 1612, so it seems as if the problem is with the V5i.  I've contacted Burson detailing the issues I've been having and am waiting on their response.

Hi, I seem to experience the same problem with mine with a newly installed v5i. Did Burson get back to you on the issue?

Mar 16, 2017 at 10:06 AM Post #1,003 of 2,099
I just bought this fantastic DAC/Amp and for now am really liking the xduoo xd-05 but i've only tried it on my android devices.

I've got a few questions about the device that i cant seem to find answers on google.

First. Why does my xduoo xd-05 shows constantly 192khz when connect thru USB OTG when connected to OnePlus One (bacon) with the latest CyanogenOS 13.1 and my Nexus 7 v2013 with its latest Marshmallow update. 
I'm not talking about any special player like PowerAmp v3 alpha but the "normal" USB DAC sound setting android uses, its allways on 192khz. At first i tought it was CyanogenOS 13.1 that was altered on the OneplusOne to function on 192khz but then ive tried on my Nexus 7 v2013 and its the same. Why does this happen? Can i change it any way?

Second. The windows drivers came on a disk CD and my laptop doesnt have any CD/DVD drive and i dont have access to any, where can i find a exact copy of the drivers that came on the original disk? Can any of you upload them? Can i find them online? Thanks.

Mar 16, 2017 at 12:13 PM Post #1,004 of 2,099
  I just bought this fantastic DAC/Amp and for now am really liking the xduoo xd-05 but i've only tried it on my android devices.

I've got a few questions about the device that i cant seem to find answers on google.

First. Why does my xduoo xd-05 shows constantly 192khz when connect thru USB OTG when connected to OnePlus One (bacon) with the latest CyanogenOS 13.1 and my Nexus 7 v2013 with its latest Marshmallow update. 
I'm not talking about any special player like PowerAmp v3 alpha but the "normal" USB DAC sound setting android uses, its allways on 192khz. At first i tought it was CyanogenOS 13.1 that was altered on the OneplusOne to function on 192khz but then ive tried on my Nexus 7 v2013 and its the same. Why does this happen? Can i change it any way?

Second. The windows drivers came on a disk CD and my laptop doesnt have any CD/DVD drive and i dont have access to any, where can i find a exact copy of the drivers that came on the original disk? Can any of you upload them? Can i find them online? Thanks.

Driver for windows system:
http://www.xduoo.co.jp/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/TUSB_v3340.zip

Mar 16, 2017 at 12:31 PM Post #1,005 of 2,099

Hi, I seem to experience the same problem with mine with a newly installed v5i. Did Burson get back to you on the issue?

Hey there Bits.  Yes, Burson did respond.  They said they were surprised that it is happening and that it was the first time they had heard of anyone having this problem.  No worries, however, as they stand by their products with a lifetime warranty.  All I had to do was send it back to them (and respond in an email with tracking number or at least some kind of verification that it is heading back their way) and they would send me out a replacement.  My replacement should arrive within the next day or two.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back