XDuoo XD-05 Portable Dac/Amp Introduction - Impressions
Aug 23, 2016 at 1:36 PM Post #391 of 2,097
Bought from ebay 169 dollars free shipping

Nice! 

Is this it? 

The seller seems reputable, so good choice!

Only thing I hate is if I don't wanna keep it, I gotta pay for shipping to send it back. lol I REALLY love the sleekness & ease of handling of my HA-2, and also that the volume knob isn't as sensitive as ppl say the XD-05's is, so those are both reasons I'd have not to buy it. 

Aug 23, 2016 at 5:12 PM Post #392 of 2,097
Nice! 

Is this it? 

The seller seems reputable, so good choice!

Only thing I hate is if I don't wanna keep it, I gotta pay for shipping to send it back. lol I REALLY love the sleekness & ease of handling of my HA-2, and also that the volume knob isn't as sensitive as ppl say the XD-05's is, so those are both reasons I'd have not to buy it. 

Yes. Will see if is good.

Aug 23, 2016 at 5:16 PM Post #393 of 2,097
Yes. Will see if is good.

Ok alota. I'll wait for your review then decide. I'm 50/50 right now. 

I guess now that I've looked at pics of the backside on other sites like GearBest, the ones taken from SIDE angles, I can see now that the port for the USB IS male after all. The confusion I think stemmed from MOST sites that show that side of the XD-05 show it straight on, which makes it look female. 

I'd pitted my HA-2 against a device that was DOUBLE the price and unlike some other pro reviewers, I could NOT hear a difference. Many people talk about how great the Chord Mojo is but I'd spoken to someone on here who said he couldn't hear a difference either between the Mojo and the HA-2. So the XD-05 has BIG shoes to fill. lol I even did a review on the HA-2 as well on here. 

Aug 24, 2016 at 12:13 AM Post #394 of 2,097
I somehow manage to remember my credentials for this original account so should I be making future comments it'll be on this account and not "DvineZephyr" because it is meant to be an emergency account. :etysmile:

I got it from AliExpress for 168, inclusive of DHL shipping. I think the store is SMSL's official store.

Aug 24, 2016 at 9:02 AM Post #395 of 2,097
I got it from AliExpress for 168, inclusive of DHL shipping. I think the store is SMSL's official store.

I checked AliExpress and the minimum price was 198 excluding shipping which is kind of a bummer. But regardless, my order on Massdrop had been finalised. Thanks anyways.

Aug 24, 2016 at 9:18 AM Post #396 of 2,097
  I checked AliExpress and the minimum price was 198 excluding shipping which is kind of a bummer. But regardless, my order on Massdrop had been finalised. Thanks anyways.

Ah man.. Must have been some sort of time sale. Fret not, 11/11 is coming. It's probably the single biggest sale on AliExpress, like Black Friday in the US.

Aug 24, 2016 at 9:20 PM Post #398 of 2,097
Could anyone tell me if XD-05 can drive Beyerdynamic DT800 600 Ohm?.
i want to buy both but it Will be nice if xduoo can drive it.

Pretty sure it'll have enough grunt to drive it. It drives everything I own with the volume pot at 11 o'clock or less when at low gain.

Btw the gains are +6/+9/+15dB in case anyone is interested. Couldn't find data on it last time.

Also, anyone know a good source for a coaxial interconnect that goes form the Fiio X3ii to the XD-05?

Aug 24, 2016 at 9:26 PM Post #399 of 2,097

Pretty sure it'll have enough grunt to drive it. It drives everything I own with the volume pot at 11 o'clock or less when at low gain.

Btw the gains are +6/+9/+15dB in case anyone is interested. Couldn't find data on it last time.

Also, anyone know a good source for a coaxial interconnect that goes form the Fiio X3ii to the XD-05?

Cheers mate ...positive experience with XD-05 it seems .....impressions on how the sound is with your gears ? HAvi ?

Thanks

Aug 24, 2016 at 10:13 PM Post #400 of 2,097
  Hey there, look here what I did with my XD-05.... an amazing op-amp upgrade-mod!!!

Did you need to tweak the case in any way to fit that Burson inside? Thinking of swapping it to that or a stacked OPA 827.

Aug 24, 2016 at 11:04 PM Post #401 of 2,097
  nice. i found this op amp that is compact like your burson. you know this? http://sparkoslabs.com/discrete-op-amps/
Edit. bought one from china for 150€. 
given the same converter, i´m really curious to make a compairison with the centrance dacport slim

Any impressions regarding that discrete op amp?

Aug 25, 2016 at 11:57 AM Post #402 of 2,097
Cheers mate ...positive experience with XD-05 it seems .....impressions on how the sound is with your gears ? HAvi ?

Thanks

Argh sorry mate, didn't see your post earlier.

Off the top of my head the native opa1612 is really transparent, spacious and airy though quite polite sounding. Some people have described it as one of the more analytical sounding op amps. I have no idea what analytical sounds like however, so will take their word for it for now.

My first impression was that it sounds a lot like the Fiio X7 with AM1 module. Found out later on that the op amp is the same.

Personally I'd prefer a more musical sounding op amp. Gonna try changing it to OPA2134 and 827 when I get the chance. Or maybe even that Burson V5i.

Aug 25, 2016 at 12:06 PM Post #403 of 2,097

Hey there, look here what I did with my XD-05.... an amazing op-amp upgrade-mod!!!

Did you need to tweak the case in any way to fit that Burson inside? Thinking of swapping it to that or a stacked OPA 827.

No, for the Burson v5i no further modifications on the case of the CD-05 were necessary...

Aug 25, 2016 at 2:49 PM Post #404 of 2,097

Thank you mate, very usufull info.

Aug 25, 2016 at 3:22 PM Post #405 of 2,097

If you want a coaxial connection of Fiio X3K to XD-05 or Chord Mojo, be careful, use the following  kind of coaxial cable. Then 4-pole 3.5mm jack is for Fiio X3K(X5K), the 3-pole jack to XD-05 or Mojo. You can DIY one or ask someone do it for you.   The old Fiio X3(X5) and some other DAPs like iBasso DX80 use 3-pole jack for coaxial out.

I don't know where to buy it. Maybe you can DIY one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back