XDuoo XD-05 Portable Dac/Amp Introduction - Impressions
Jul 16, 2016 at 9:02 PM Post #331 of 2,099
I think the im02 should do just fine. The xd05 isn't more powerful than my O2 and my friend's im02 doesn't have noise on the O2. 
Thanks, O2 you mean the O2 amp? I've had a chance to audition it and I agree its a clean amp. However some portable amps I've tried doesn't do very well with IM02 and even my phone doesn't do a good job either.

Jul 17, 2016 at 11:16 AM Post #332 of 2,099
Thanks, O2 you mean the O2 amp? I've had a chance to audition it and I agree its a clean amp. However some portable amps I've tried doesn't do very well with IM02 and even my phone doesn't do a good job either.

Yep, that one. And actually I was talking about sensitivity and possible noises/artifacts, not sound synergy. I didn't like the O2 + IM02 one bit. The IM02 is too dry to pair with the O2. But the xd05 is a bit softer so perhaps it'll pair with the IM02 just fine.

Jul 17, 2016 at 11:44 AM Post #333 of 2,099
Yep, that one. And actually I was talking about sensitivity and possible noises/artifacts, not sound synergy. I didn't like the O2 + IM02 one bit. The IM02 is too dry to pair with the O2. But the xd05 is a bit softer so perhaps it'll pair with the IM02 just fine.

Oops my bad, I was also talking about the same thing; the sensitivity and possible noise. I think the IM02 is dry/flat and quite boring by nature, would you consider the XD05 a warm sounding when paired to IM02? Cheers

Jul 17, 2016 at 10:16 PM Post #334 of 2,099
No, the XD05 is a bit more rounded than the O2 so it's a bit better for the IM02. However it can't be describe as "warm" in my book.

But there's opamps to roll. Go for the Burson V5 SS and I think you'll like the XD05 with your IM02.

Jul 19, 2016 at 6:49 PM Post #335 of 2,099
So I went to a local Jaben store yesterday and had a bit of taste of Xduoo. Unfortunately they don't have the XD05 but rather its smaller sibling the XD01. To my surprise it was more powerful than the Fiio e12 it drives the HD600 with ease. However, on XD01 there was a lot more noise than any Fiio I've tried, but it's pretty powerful so there's that.

And then I've tried the Mojo, man I wish they had the XD05 as I was literally blown by the Mojo.
Has anyone fortunate enough to have the two(XD05+Mojo) can you please do a comparison? I'm thanking you in advance as you might still be able to save my wallet.

Jul 20, 2016 at 7:28 AM Post #336 of 2,099
So I went to a local Jaben store yesterday and had a bit of taste of Xduoo. Unfortunately they don't have the XD05 but rather its smaller sibling the XD01. To my surprise it was more powerful than the Fiio e12 it drives the HD600 with ease. However, on XD01 there was a lot more noise than any Fiio I've tried, but it's pretty powerful so there's that.

And then I've tried the Mojo, man I wish they had the XD05 as I was literally blown by the Mojo.
Has anyone fortunate enough to have the two(XD05+Mojo) can you please do a comparison? I'm thanking you in advance as you might still be able to save my wallet.

I've also been dying for this comparison specifically with the hd6xx series.

Jul 20, 2016 at 9:21 AM Post #337 of 2,099
There's no comparison between the 2. The XD05 is solid and perhaps it's everything you can get for the price. But the Mojo is on a whole new level. Anyway, if you don't need portability I think going for the m9xx is better.

Jul 20, 2016 at 9:59 AM Post #338 of 2,099
There's no comparison between the 2. The XD05 is solid and perhaps it's everything you can get for the price. But the Mojo is on a whole new level. Anyway, if you don't need portability I think going for the m9xx is better.
sound wise how do you think the two compares? Upon hearing the mojo I'm now more curious about the opamp upgraded XD05.

Jul 20, 2016 at 10:43 PM Post #339 of 2,099
In short the Mojo is more musical, more detailed, has better (bigger) soundstage and sound imaging. The XD05 is going to sound very boring in comparison. Oh and the Mojo sounds cleaner as well.

Jul 22, 2016 at 11:59 PM Post #341 of 2,099
There is no way a burson v5 is going to fit in this thing with out other modifications even with the extender, there is just no where to fit it without doing the battery mod as well(purchase a smaller battery).  The V5i should fit and its cheaper and according to burson should sound almost identical.  I plan on putting the v5i in mine when it arrives from massdrop. 

Jul 23, 2016 at 4:40 AM Post #342 of 2,099
  There is no way a burson v5 is going to fit in this thing with out other modifications even with the extender, there is just no where to fit it without doing the battery mod as well(purchase a smaller battery).  The V5i should fit and its cheaper and according to burson should sound almost identical.  I plan on putting the v5i in mine when it arrives from massdrop. 

Maybe open a square hole on the top of the op amp, and plugin burson v5 through the hole?

Was there a drop of v5i on massdrop?

Jul 23, 2016 at 6:12 AM Post #343 of 2,099
interesting, how do you find the Burson v5 opamp sound compare to mojo? My plan for now is to obtain an XD05 and upgrade the opamps.

Think of the xd05 as neutral. Almost as neutral as O2/ODAC, but everything get a bit more rounded and a bit thicker. The v5 opamp follows the traditional Burson sound, laid back and a bit warm. I did not combined these two, but don't expect the v5 to change EVERYTHING. It won't be near the Mojo, as from my experiences rolling opamp, while quite effective, would not help uplift a mediocore amp to a good one..
Also, the Mojo's dac out is much better than the xd05's dac. So if in the future you are going either of them to use as input for a speaker system or a better amp, the Mojo will still win. This time with an even bigger margin. On the amp side of things, I think the xd05 with V5 opamp (must have the V5 in here, otherwise there's no competition) will defeat the Mojo. There's nothing special about the Mojo except that it can drive some harder-to-drive ones like HD800 or HD650. Please take this with a bit of salt as I never put the V5 into the xd05, but I'm pretty sure of the V5's potential.
And this is important: people have complained that some Mojo may run so warm that it got thermal shutdown. This is a big NO to me.
So if you've got the money to spend, I'll direct you towards the m9xx, which doesn't have a battery but sound a bit better than Mojo to me (and also cost just $500). If you think the difference of $200 is not worth it, go for the xd05 + Burson v5. 

Aug 3, 2016 at 5:43 PM Post #345 of 2,099
Can someone explain how/why the Oppo HA-2 can connect to my ipod classic 160GB (30 pin cable) and ipod nano 7th gen (lightning cable) via USB, but the Xduoo XD-05 can only connect to certain apple devices and needs a special Apple lightning to USB camera cable?
confused_face_2.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back