XDuoo XD-05 Portable Dac/Amp Introduction - Impressions
Jul 13, 2016 at 1:35 PM Post #316 of 2,099

Interesting mod. but lower battery

Is someone here rolling opamp to muses02 ?
I want to upgrade opamp looking for warmer sweet lush sound 

Well, I will receive a XD-05 soon... and this mod with the Burson SSO V5 was exactly what I had in mind. I was even considering to mill a hole into the top of the case and have the V5 sticking out... an Op Amp Glory Hole :)
Whereas I am not sure whether it really works, becaus from some of the pics I come to the conclusion that you have to slide the case from the body. In this case it obviously wouldn't work anymore.
But there also is the SSO V5i. Did anybody here try / check whether this suits into the case without changing its position or milling the case?

Jul 14, 2016 at 4:13 AM Post #317 of 2,099
Jul 14, 2016 at 12:35 PM Post #318 of 2,099
https://www.massdrop.com/buy/xduoo-xd-05-dac-amp

have not tried this before. any impressions?

Jul 14, 2016 at 8:42 PM Post #321 of 2,099
I'm interrested in knowing if this might be a suitable DAC/AMP for my Fostex TH-X00 headphones. Anyone who can tell me if these will drive these headsets good for a XD-05 kinda price?
depends if you want a portable or home setup

Jul 15, 2016 at 6:57 AM Post #322 of 2,099

I'm interrested in knowing if this might be a suitable DAC/AMP for my Fostex TH-X00 headphones. Anyone who can tell me if these will drive these headsets good for a XD-05 kinda price?

Used the XD05 for a while and currently rocking the THX00. Unfortunately I have never combined these two, but I think they should pair well with each other. The XD05 doesn't stray too far from neutral, which IMO is great for headphones that is anything but neutral like the THX00.

Jul 15, 2016 at 7:09 AM Post #323 of 2,099
Is it really that bad for sensitive IEM? For comparison I have Audio Technica ATH-IM02 which is terribly sensitive but I would imagine other multiple BA IEM's suffers a lot more than my pair. I also plan on getting a Fiio e18 but upon finding the XDUOO XD 05 I think its a better buy since I also plan on getting high impedance cans.

Jul 15, 2016 at 8:28 AM Post #326 of 2,099
depends if you want a portable or home setup

Not really. These headsets are nothing I will ever take outside, they will sit pretty on a pedistal in my livingrom, on their own little table with their own little chair and DAC/AMP and computer with high quality music on it and a bottle of red/beer.

I just saw this AMP got good review, and it doesnt hurt if it can be moved around for other purposes. However, if there are even better alternatives for this headset out there for the same price that are not portable, then do tell!

I saw the max input on the THX00 is 1800 mW, while the 05 can only deliver 500. Could that be an issue?

1. WilliamLeonhart : Thanks!

Jul 16, 2016 at 11:48 AM Post #329 of 2,099
  Just wondering if the burson V5i is going to fit 

I don't think so. Perhaps you can order an extender cable from Burson and maybe that'll help (just shove everything into the chasis). But don't take my word for granted, I no longer have the xDuoo.

Jul 16, 2016 at 11:50 AM Post #330 of 2,099
I find it weird as well, despite the ohm rating the im02 is a lot easier to drive than other in ears within or below the same ohm rating. Plus it picks up noise quite easily and will have issues with high output impedance source.

I think the im02 should do just fine. The xd05 isn't more powerful than my O2 and my friend's im02 doesn't have noise on the O2. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back