XDuoo XD-05 Portable Dac/Amp Introduction - Impressions
Jun 12, 2016 at 9:34 AM Post #262 of 2,099
Subbed, looking forward to comparisons to oppo.
much better than oppo ha2, though not as slick looking and doesn't include cable to use natively with iphone and ipad.

Sound is great as a standalone dac while the amping section is very so so. IME both was surprisingly clean grom noise. In terms of sound the oppo's trebles rolled off too much for my liking, making the whole sound signature somewhat artificial. The xduoo sounds more natural with no particular weakness. The basss was very lean thus making it good for Classical, a genre where most of those sub-300 mobile amp dac fail.

Jun 12, 2016 at 9:36 AM Post #263 of 2,099
Has anyone compared this to a O2 + ODAC? Would be interested to hear how it stacks up. 
You can read my impression above. In comparison to the o2 odac this one can be considered more musical. However I think this one has less usb noise due to the fact that it's battery power, even when you use it as a DAC

Jun 12, 2016 at 1:41 PM Post #264 of 2,099
much better than oppo ha2, though not as slick looking and doesn't include cable to use natively with iphone and ipad.

Sound is great as a standalone dac while the amping section is very so so. IME both was surprisingly clean grom noise. In terms of sound the oppo's trebles rolled off too much for my liking, making the whole sound signature somewhat artificial. The xduoo sounds more natural with no particular weakness. The basss was very lean thus making it good for Classical, a genre where most of those sub-300 mobile amp dac fail.

My wallet will be lighter soon thanks to you... :wink: :)

I've been eyeing the HA-2, particularly because it's been said to be an excellent pairing with the PM-3 I just got, and because it doesn't need that pesky Apple CCK adapter to use as DAC/amp for iOS device...

But sound is king!  I may have to quell my lust for the looks and convenience of the HA-2 in order to get better portable sound.... and it does have its own kind of cool look, anyway, I must say.  Love that OLED display.

Jun 12, 2016 at 10:34 PM Post #266 of 2,099
I have not tried the iBasso you mentioned, but all other iBasso products I've had or auditioned are disappointing. Even the oft-lauded DX90 and DX80. On the other hand, the DX-05 really blew me away, never thought a $250 DAC amp could give so much. It has its caveats, but I don't think I could ask more from a DAC that cheap.

Thanks for the reply!
How was it when used as amp?
My DAP is only xDuoo X3 and my IEM/headphone are:

RHA MA750i
Audio Technica ATH-M50X

Planning to buy a speaker as well which is Audioengine A5+ and will partner with xDuoo XD-05.

Jun 12, 2016 at 10:46 PM Post #267 of 2,099
On Massdrop right now lowest price reached.

Jun 13, 2016 at 12:25 AM Post #268 of 2,099
How would the XDuoo XD-05 pair with my Audio Technica ATH-AD2000X?, I might consider buying it if I will hear a good and big enough improvement over my FiiO E10K.
the fiio stands no chance against this xduoo. Honestly I think a lot of stuffs are better than the fiio. As a ad2000 user, I think the ad2000x is way out of the fiio's league

Jun 13, 2016 at 10:55 AM Post #269 of 2,099
Thanks for the reply, however it doesn't really answer my question... will I (HEAR) an improvement? cause I tried to switch between my friends FiiO E12 and my FiiO E10K, and I did like the E10K more, it sounded more warm and more bright than the E12, but I didn't notice any difference in the quality itself, so that's my question exactly.. will I notice a quality difference if I buy this xDuoo?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back