XDuoo XD-05 Portable Dac/Amp Introduction - Impressions
Dec 3, 2015 at 1:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2,099

H20Fidelity

Headphoneus Supremus
With the likes of XDuoo's recent audiophile players XDuoo X2 and X3 receiving great praise its time to introduce one of their new portable source products.

XDuoo are soon releasing a brand new portable Dac/Amp named XD-05. The unit will support popular inputs like coax, optical, USB, it will connect to your android devices, Windows and IOS (with camera connection kit). It can also be connected as stand alone headphone amp to MP3 players. The unit is extremely kitted out with features and settings even adopting its own real-time onboard display of digital information.

At this point I have no set pricing or date on availability however as things unfold I'll update this thread!

Specifications and Information:

XD-05 is a latest full-featured hi-end portable headphone amplifier released by xDuoo Tech company, which contains high performance USB, optical fiber, coaxial audio decoding and headphone amp in a tiny body, and with an OLED display, real time display digital information flow. Can be connected to WINDOWS, IOS and Android system with USB, supporting PCM 32BIT/384KHZ,DSD256,DXD 32BIT/352.8KHZ, and also can be connected to all kinds of DAP output with coaxial gang concentric or Fiber, supporting PCM 24BIT/192KH. External with Gain settings, Bass boost settings, DAC filter settings and SRC set function. This product is designed for connecting the PC, mobile phone, and other players of the digital audio interface in order to gain high-quality audio, and listen to the wonderful music.

clip_image002.jpg

Main Characteristics:

◆Support PC USB audio decoder functions, work in asynchronous transfer mode, and supports WASAPI, ASIO and KS kernel flow mode, PCM, maximum support 32BIT/384KHZ; DSD support DOP, NATIVE mode, support maximum DSD256; DXD 32BIT/352.8KHZ
◆Using Apple Camera Connection Kit line connection, support for iPod, iPhone, iPad audio decoding function and PCM maximum support 24BIT/192KHZ, DSD maximum support DSD128 (Note: Apple's IOS limit maximum can only support DSD128)
◆Using USB OTG cable connection, support for Android phones' and music players' audio decoding, PCM, maximum support 24BIT/192KHZ DSD maximum support DSD128 (Note: Android limits the maximum can only support DSD128)
◆Support coaxial audio decoding, the maximum support 24bit / 192Khz digital signal can be connected with a coaxial audio output function of the playback device to obtain the high quality of sound.
◆Support Fiber audio decoding, the maximum support 24bit / 192Khz digital signal can be 
connected with a coaxial audio output function of the playback device to obtain the high quality of sound.
◆Support AUX input / output function.
◆Audio processing chip: USB audio processor by XMOS latest 8 core processing chip: U8a chip; Fiber / Coaxial audio processor by Cirrus logic cs8416 chip; DAC processor uses the AKM's top chip AK4490 and native support for DSD, DXD and PCM signal.
◆The amp part uses OP+BUF structure, which is dynamic and with strong driving ability
◆Using efficient power conversion chip, provide +/-9V power to the power amplifier chip, OCL circuit structure, greatly improve the dynamic range of output signal, can dirve headphones easily.
◆The external 3 gears of gaining, suitable for different Headset collocations.
◆The external 2 gears bass boost, satisfying all kinds of requirements.
◆The external DAC chip filter adjustment, to gain different listening experience.
◆The external SRC adjustment, to gain different listening experience.

Specifications:

1. Battery: 3.7V/4000mAh rechargeable lithium polymer battery within
  2. Display: 0.91 inch OLED screen
  3. System: Win7, Vista, XP Win8, Mac, OS X Win, IOS, Android system
  4. Output power: 500mW (32Ωload)
  5. Frequency response: AMP:10Hz~100KHz (±0.5dB)
  6. USB/SPDIF: 20Hz~20KHz (±0.5dB)
  7. Sampling rate support: USB
  8. PCM:16-32BIT/44.1-384KHZ
  9. DSD: DOP/NATIVE mode, DSD64-256 (1bit/2.8M-11.2M)
  10. DXD:BIT/352.8-384KHZ 24-32
  11. OPT/COA
  12. PCM:16-24BIT/44.1-192KHZ
  13. Gain: +3/+6/+15dB
  14. Bass boost: 0/+6dB
  15. Distortion: 0.0025% (1KHz)
  16. Noise-Signal: 112dB
  17. Adaptation Headset impedance: 8Ω ~ 300Ω.
  18. Battery life: >11H (USB IN), >16H (SPDIF IN), >23H (AUX IN)
  19. Charging time: Quick charge 5H (with charger), slow charge 11H (with computer)
  20. Size: 139.5*75*23mm
  21. Weight: 270g

Examples of Possible XD-05 Applications:

Some members will be receiving their XD-05 units real soon, so stay tuned! 

Dec 3, 2015 at 4:09 AM Post #4 of 2,099
  looks nice, really enjoying this companies products.

I have ordered one of these, which I haven't seen discussed here, unless I missed it : http://www.xduoo.com/xduoo/EnProductShow.asp?id=61

sorry not attempting to derail thread here ... just for interests sake!

You're not derailing at all.
smile.gif
 Feel free to use this thread for any information and impressions you have on XD-05.

All are welcome! 

I also see XD-05 is already available for pre-order in Australia at A1 FutureShop.

http://a1futureshop.com.au/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=985

Their pre-order price appears to be $269 AUD (would be less in USD considering conversion rates)

Dec 3, 2015 at 6:03 AM Post #6 of 2,099
  This thing is sexay!!!! I can't wait to hear some impressions on it. I hope it won't be long before they start shipping it. 

Its like the saviour of poor man's Mojo! but THIS one has a screen! (don't find that on no Mojo!) 
wink_face.gif

Dec 3, 2015 at 6:43 AM Post #7 of 2,099

Its like the saviour of poor man's Mojo! but THIS one has a screen! (don't find that on no Mojo!) 
wink_face.gif

What's a Mojo? 
biggrin.gif
wink_face.gif

This seriously looks like a great contender, but I'd like to see what DAC and amp chips it will be using. At 500mW (@ 32Ohm) this could replace my beloved E17, albeit, still need to see what the price tag will be.

Dec 3, 2015 at 6:50 AM Post #8 of 2,099

What's a Mojo? 
biggrin.gif
wink_face.gif

This seriously looks like a great contender, but I'd like to see what DAC and amp chips it will be using. At 500mW (@ 32Ohm) this could replace my beloved E17, albeit, still need to see what the price tag will be.

Apparently XD-05 uses Cirrus Logic CS8416 DAC, which I'm unfamiliar with. Knowing XDuoo it won't be a slouch.

Quote:

◆ Audio processing chip: USB audio processor by XMOS latest 8 core processing chip: U8a chip; Fiber / Coaxial audio processor by Cirrus logic CS8416 chip; DAC processor uses the AKM's top chip AK4490 and native support for DSD, DXD and PCM signal.

Dec 3, 2015 at 7:04 AM Post #9 of 2,099

Apparently XD-05 uses Cirrus Logic CS8416 DAC, which I'm unfamiliar with. Knowing XDuoo it won't be a slouch.

Ahhhh... Did notice that.

From what I'd reckon, the CS8416 is an audio receiver for the SPDIF digital input via optical and coaxial, and the AK4490 is the DAC for USB. Haven't really heard of either one, to be honest. 

Dec 3, 2015 at 7:26 AM Post #11 of 2,099

DJScope is right, the CS 8416 is just the receiver that processes the digital streams coming in from the various sources. The actual DAC is the AK4990, which looks quite impressive from the data sheet.

Thanks for clearing that up charleski! 
smile.gif

Dec 3, 2015 at 8:47 AM Post #12 of 2,099
Subscribed 
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 4, 2015 at 8:28 PM Post #15 of 2,099
  looks nice, really enjoying this companies products.

I have ordered one of these, which I haven't seen discussed here, unless I missed it : http://www.xduoo.com/xduoo/EnProductShow.asp?id=61

sorry not attempting to derail thread here ... just for interests sake!

Where did you order "xDuoo XD-05 Portable USB Audio DAC + Headphone Amplifier"? Please show me the link so that I may order it too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back