XDuoo XD-05 Portable Dac/Amp Introduction - Impressions
May 8, 2023 at 9:46 PM Post #2,087 of 2,097
Sep 17, 2023 at 1:36 AM Post #2,092 of 2,097
This may be a dumb question, but if I were to get Burson V5I:s for the XD05 PLUS, should I get single or dual ones? I'm very much new to rolling op-amps.
You can use one dual or 2x single V5is.

Sep 17, 2023 at 11:23 PM Post #2,093 of 2,097
I just received XD05 Bal 2, enjoying it but out of the box sound signature a bit warm. Wondering if the opamp. options discussed in this thread are compatible with the XD05 Bal 2 as well...don't want to brick or blow up my new toy! :thinking:

Also, is there is a compilation list of compatible opamps for XD05 and users' impressions of their sonic characteristics?

Thanks for any input / pointers / recommendations!

Last edited:
Sep 22, 2023 at 3:13 PM Post #2,094 of 2,097
The XD05 Plus may have been discontinued, but I'm glad it was still in stock locally here. For the price (174€ incl. delivery) it's an incredible little system.

The idea was to get a battery powered dac-amp that has the power to run essentially any dynamic or planar headphone, except for a few particularly difficult ones, and it definitely fits the bill. It runs Sennheiser HD650s and ZMF Auteurs with no problem - I was actually surprised how good the 650s sound from the XD05, yet to try planars on it but I doubt it'll be a problem. It has tons of headroom too which is nice.

I think it would be fair to say that it's only semi-portable. It's not like my trusty Topping NX4DSD, I wouldn't want to stuff it in my pocket with my phone and walk around - but that's not what it was bought for. The idea was to have something that's battery powered and portable enough to carry around the house or yard with a phone or tablet, and for that the sizeis just fine. As far as I know, nothing in this price category offers quite the same sort of power, features and size. Sure, I'd love to have an IFI Gryphon or iDSD Micro BL, but they're wayyy off the budget I'm working with here.

Also worth mentioning is that the XD05 Plus has worked with everything we've thrown at it without any hickups - a Windows laptop, Samsung S23+ & A8 phones, and a couple Samsung tablets. I'm also glad to say it doesn't seem to suffer from the nasty surprise of the firmware sometimes being wiped if the battery runs dry that atleast Topping's NX2 & NX4 and some other chinese battery powered units do. I still have a bricked NX2 that only functions as a headphone amp due to that little easter egg.

So far Xduoo has exceeded my expectations every time, with the XD05 Plus now and previously with the TA-10 & TA-20 hybrid amps. I've received high quality every time for a very reasonable price.

Mar 12, 2024 at 10:37 PM Post #2,095 of 2,097
1000018333.jpg

1000018339.jpg

I've just got a brand new XD05 Plus black. Using it in USB mode and connect it to my Topping G5 create a HUGEEE sound, super transparency, amazing detail retrieval with outstanding soundstage! This combination creates one of the best music experience I've had with any portable/transportable source!

So glad that I was able to get a brand new one, and this gun powder color is simply breath taking.

Mar 12, 2024 at 11:06 PM Post #2,096 of 2,097
1000018333.jpg
1000018339.jpg

I've just got a brand new XD05 Plus black. Using it in USB mode and connect it to my Topping G5 create a HUGEEE sound, super transparency, amazing detail retrieval with outstanding soundstage! This combination creates one of the best music experience I've had with any portable/transportable source!

So glad that I was able to get a brand new one, and this gun powder color is simply breath taking.
Get the Burson v5i opamp. It's easy to install and blows away the stock opamp. I was listening to mine today for the first time in awhile and was blown away.

Mar 12, 2024 at 11:10 PM Post #2,097 of 2,097
Get the Burson v5i opamp. It's easy to install and blows away the stock opamp. I was listening to mine today for the first time in awhile and was blown away.
I'll try switching opamps. Currently, the XD05 Plus and the Topping G5 combination are captivating my interest :gs1000smile: .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back