XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player
Feb 16, 2017 at 8:46 AM Post #4,277 of 5,194
That sounds good. My X3 battery is drained in about an hour of listening. Never encountered a product with such a terrible battery. 
That's a faulty battery. An abnormal case, just like it can happen to anything from a bigger brand even. BUT,they all have some sort of warranty, while xduoo's warranty would only help someone who is in China, if I am not wrong:frowning2:

Feb 16, 2017 at 11:29 AM Post #4,278 of 5,194
do you happen to know if they can ship to canada? i really want to try my X3 but i never got a chance since it was DOA.
contacted Penon hope they can get it shipped.

So I have some good news, Penon Audio is a source for a replacement battery! I wasn't entirely happy that the best I'd been able to find was that 1200mAh battery from Adafruit (which wasn't designed specifically for the XDuoo X3, but happened to physically fit and have some of the specs match, but the capacity was lower, the cable connector would have to be re-terminated, and it wasn't clear to me if there'd be a charging issue when supplying greater than 500mAh of charging current).

I had first sent an email to service@xduoo.com about a replacement battery but I didn't get a response. I had also emailed info@rtwhifihouse.com (the listed USA Sales Agent on the XDuoo website) but they said they didn't carry the battery. I had remembered Penon Audio (which is based in Hong Kong) as a reseller that had been mentioned here at Head-Fi before, so I contacted them through their website:

http://penonaudio.com/index.php?route=information/contact

They said they do stock the XDuoo X3 battery for $13, and shipping to where I am in the USA was $4.60. They created an invoice for the purchase via Paypal, and hopefully I'll have a battery soon! I wanted to mention it here for anyone else looking for a replacement.

Feb 16, 2017 at 6:46 PM Post #4,280 of 5,194
  So I have some good news, Penon Audio is a source for a replacement battery! I wasn't entirely happy that the best I'd been able to find was that 1200mAh battery from Adafruit (which wasn't designed specifically for the XDuoo X3, but happened to physically fit and have some of the specs match, but the capacity was lower, the cable connector would have to be re-terminated, and it wasn't clear to me if there'd be a charging issue when supplying greater than 500mAh of charging current).

I had first sent an email to service@xduoo.com about a replacement battery but I didn't get a response. I had also emailed info@rtwhifihouse.com (the listed USA Sales Agent on the XDuoo website) but they said they didn't carry the battery. I had remembered Penon Audio (which is based in Hong Kong) as a reseller that had been mentioned here at Head-Fi before, so I contacted them through their website:

http://penonaudio.com/index.php?route=information/contact

They said they do stock the XDuoo X3 battery for $13, and shipping to where I am in the USA was $4.60. They created an invoice for the purchase via Paypal, and hopefully I'll have a battery soon! I wanted to mention it here for anyone else looking for a replacement.

Thanks for posting this for us, nraymond!  My X3 battery is fine but now I know where to go when I need a new one.

Feb 17, 2017 at 8:15 AM Post #4,281 of 5,194
BTW
today it was the first time that i bought the X3 outdoor .
Screen is really IMPOSSIBLE to read!! Just a bit of light ...and all is black
This at the end will create some problems..impossible to use it at the beach for example..

Feb 27, 2017 at 4:20 PM Post #4,285 of 5,194
Good evening.

I would like to ask you for a support :).

I have recently bought Xduoo X2 DAP which SQ is very good for me. Unfortunately as we all know - display is not so good - hard to see anything outside with sun shining and there is some background sound (hiss) when listening music quietly. I have rather cheap earphones - RHA MA 350 which I like because of nice bass. But now I want more and I am looking for some better player. I am looking at Xduoo X3 and Fiio X1 2gen.

I found here that Xduoo X2 is rather better with SQ than X1 2 gen, but I have found also some reviews (not so much) where X1 2 gen is better with SQ than xduoo X2

I was also reading that Xduoo X3 is far better than X1 2 gen and is equal or even better than fiio X3 2 gen which we know is twice more expensive than xduoo X3.

But I was reading also about some issues/problems with Xduoo X3 (problem with short life battery, pitch error, etc.). On the other hand Fiio X1 2 gen has also a lot of problems.

Can you help me which player will be better to choose?

My current earphone RHA MA350 will be good enough for Xduoo X3 or I will need something better?

Background sound (hiss) is on Xduoo X3 the same like on Xduoo X2 or maybe it is better in X3?

Feb 27, 2017 at 4:46 PM Post #4,286 of 5,194
  Good evening.

I would like to ask you for a support :).

I have recently bought Xduoo X2 DAP which SQ is very good for me. Unfortunately as we all know - display is not so good - hard to see anything outside with sun shining and there is some background sound (hiss) when listening music quietly. I have rather cheap earphones - RHA MA 350 which I like because of nice bass. But now I want more and I am looking for some better player. I am looking at Xduoo X3 and Fiio X1 2gen.

I found here that Xduoo X2 is rather better with SQ than X1 2 gen, but I have found also some reviews (not so much) where X1 2 gen is better with SQ than xduoo X2

I was also reading that Xduoo X3 is far better than X1 2 gen and is equal or even better than fiio X3 2 gen which we know is twice more expensive than xduoo X3.

But I was reading also about some issues/problems with Xduoo X3 (problem with short life battery, pitch error, etc.). On the other hand Fiio X1 2 gen has also a lot of problems.

Can you help me which player will be better to choose?

My current earphone RHA MA350 will be good enough for Xduoo X3 or I will need something better?

Background sound (hiss) is on Xduoo X3 the same like on Xduoo X2 or maybe it is better in X3?

In my opinion, for sound quality, Xduoo X3 > Fiio X3 2nd gen > Fiio X1 2nf gen > Xduoo X2. Here sound quality means THD+Noise, dynamic range, output impedance, output power etc.  But as UI and bug free system, Fiio > Xduoo. 

Also these DAPs have different sound signature. If listening to pop/rock,  I'd prefer Xduoo X3. 

Feb 27, 2017 at 5:04 PM Post #4,287 of 5,194
Holypal,
Thank you for quick answer :).

What about pitch error in Xduoo X3 - is it noticeable for amateur musis fan?

And what with background sound (hiss) in Xduoo X3? Is it the same like for Xduoo X2 or better?

Feb 27, 2017 at 5:27 PM Post #4,288 of 5,194
Holypal,
Thank you for quick answer :).

What about pitch error in Xduoo X3 - is it noticeable for amateur musis fan?

And what with background sound (hiss) in Xduoo X3? Is it the same like for Xduoo X2 or better?
I have had two x3 units, the first one has a perceptible and hateful hiss. The second one is perfect, no hiss at all, really it seems to be two different models but the two are a xduoo x3. So it depends on how lucky you are IMO. I feel like fiio or ibasso are in other level (not only in price) but xduoo worth the price. About the pith issue not appears always, in my case I had noticed it only in two tracks.

Feb 27, 2017 at 5:37 PM Post #4,289 of 5,194
SpanishGuy,
Thanks for quick answer :).

There is some nice price on Tomtop now for Xduoo X3 - black version for 80 dollars. But maybe I will have to pay also tax in my country - 23%. So total price should be about 99 dollars. On the other hand I can buy from my city Fiio X1 1gen for about 120 dollars. And because of that I am wondering what to buy :).

Feb 27, 2017 at 6:35 PM Post #4,290 of 5,194
Konrad86 I think that x1 is a good player, it was my first hi-res player and found it awesome but maybe snr ratio was not his best and with sensible earphones this could be a problem. But x1's UI first gen works near perfect and plays 24/192 without problems, maybe SQ is a little better in xduoo but all the other aspects are better on fiio x1 and sounds very good too. Now you have to choose but if you don't have many experience think x1 could be better option.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back