XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player
Jan 8, 2017 at 5:43 AM Post #4,171 of 5,194
 imo , I still prefer the x3ii from fiio , I got my refund from ebay because the xduoo x3 was defected  ,but the audio quality is a bit better on the fiio , also it has usb dac option which is already a big plus and battery life is not bad at all , I never even managed to drain it fully :)  , i own it for around 3 weeks or so. and the screen is is beautiful not sa in a smartphone but a 320X240 tft display is a big plus and in sunlight it is visible but still not as my phone :).  

Jan 8, 2017 at 7:42 AM Post #4,172 of 5,194
  Having problems updating the firmaware and wondering if anyone can help...

I've downloaded v1.1 from the Xduoo website, put update.zip in the root of my sd card, clicked Update, Yes, I get "Succeed", then it reboots and gets stuck on "Updating...Don't power off!"

I have tried numerous times, leaving it for up to an hour but end up having to hit the Reset button and booting back in to 1.0. I thought my download might have been corupted somehow so have downloaded again but still have the same problem.
Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Edit: Stop Press!

Doh!

Cards were exFat not Fat32...Retried with Fat32, Wahey 1.1...Sweet!

Sorry folks!

Hi,
Same thing happened to me and I too had the card as exfat, however when I formatted it as fat32 its contents was no longer detected by the device and when I formatted back to exfat, same thing persisted. It's a SanDisk Ultra 128 GB MicroSDXC. Any ideas?

Jan 8, 2017 at 10:18 AM Post #4,174 of 5,194
Hmm well the x3 offers ample gain, I agree...certainly a ton more than my iPod. I use efficient headphones (50 ohm HD598) and the x3 makes them plenty loud, so maybe I am wasting my time hunting for an amp.

But I hear way better dynamic energy, bass texture, and overall realism when I listen to the same headphones from either of my two computer sound cards, which have a ton more power. Granted, it could be the DACs that are making this difference, not the amps. But I doubt it. I have heard the x3 deliver first class dynamics and bass through speaker systems when using the line out, so I am keen to blame the x3 headphone amp for the shortcomings I'm hearing. .

I guess that to find out if I can get better synergy between x3 and the HD 598 by amping, I'm gonna have to try it. Thank you guys for your impressions of the X3 with the O2 and CMOY, I'm leaning towards the Super CMOY I mentioned, which I gather falls between those two amps in circuit topology and sound. I welcome any other opinions on sub $100 amps that improve upon the x3 sound. Thanks again.

I sometimes use the little fiio A3. It really seems to open it up quite a bit.

Jan 8, 2017 at 11:42 AM Post #4,175 of 5,194
I've been looking at the A3 too. I searched but I've hardly found any reviews or impressions of it yet. Can you elaborate on its contribution to the sound signature paired with X3? It certainly would be easier to charge this device than the removable 9v batts from an Altoids tin amp.

Jan 8, 2017 at 11:57 AM Post #4,176 of 5,194
I've been looking at the A3 too. I searched but I've hardly found any reviews or impressions of it yet. Can you elaborate on its contribution to the sound signature paired with X3? It certainly would be easier to charge this device than the removable 9v batts from an Altoids tin amp.

It opens up pretty much all aspects. Especially with harder to drive cans. Tightens the bass up. It's not the best but for like $50-60 it's definitely worth it.

Jan 12, 2017 at 8:43 AM Post #4,178 of 5,194
A few people have tried different batteries but nothing that fits 'perfectly'. Xduoo hasn't responded to anyone who asked about replacement batteries. Most folks looked for battery by size and the connector. I seem to recall at least one poster saying they soldered on a new connector to a new/different battery.

Jan 15, 2017 at 12:58 AM Post #4,181 of 5,194
Hi there Guyzos (and Galzos). First post on Head-Fi here. Been a lurker for a while now though. Slowly finding myself getting pulled into this hobby and still have a lot to learn. While I do have a few $100 plus headphones already, for the short term I decided to only buy quality 'low end' items to ease my way in and so that I can appreciate what quality is as/if I decide to buy higher end ($150+) headphones (for example, my first headphone purchases have been the Philips SHP9500, the Samson SR950 and the Superlux HD668B so I could compare open, closed and semi-open headphones respectively). I primarily play music either on my PC/Laptop, my Onkyo C-7030 CD player or my Sony Walkman NWZ-E354. But to the point of this post... After many years of faithful service it was time to replace my Sony Walkman (battery would only last an hour and got tired of carrying a portable battery in my pocket) so I did my homework and decided to buy a XDuoo X3. It has not yet arrived but I have a few questions:

1/ What changes were made in the recent firmware update? I can't seem to find any info on this other than that it didn't address the primary concerns people had (no EQ and the wave length distortion at high volume?)

ii/ I understand that the X3 doesn't require an amp but I do have a portable amp - a FiiO E07K - and am wondering if/how the X3 would benefit from this assuming I was not looking to playing max quality file formats (the E07Ks max sampling rate is 96kHz/24 bit). Will it just change the 'colour' of the music or what?

c/ Is changing the firmware to the Rockbox recommended? I understand the wave distortion is addressed at the price of file quality and I'm ok with vanilla features but having a EQ would be nice - I'm still figuring out how to properly use an EQ...

Four/ Are DAPs like headphones in the sense that different DAPs will sound more appropriate for different music styles? That had never occurred to me and I've read some things on here that make me suspect this is the case. I mainly listen to EDM, classic rock, and krautrock.

Thanks!

Jan 15, 2017 at 2:09 PM Post #4,183 of 5,194
  Just buy the fiio x3ii , it is worth the money , the xduoo is **** , I got a defected unit lol.

Because you got a single defective unit, all xduoo's are **** ?

There has never been a defective fioo x3ii ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back