XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player
Apr 27, 2016 at 9:45 AM Post #3,091 of 5,194
  I don't know about all Fiio product, I just have the FiioE7 and first gen Fiio X3 and find the X3 quite dark and bight sounding...lack of air and warm musicality of the Wolfson WM8740 that sound quite good with the Fiio E7 dac. At the time I was using Grado Alessandro MS-1 and Shure se420 with the Fiio X3. Not sure i'm objective about this player because I really did not like his soundsignature, before it I have the Xuelin ihifi 812v2 and it was so musical, warm, airy and effortlessly sounding...I remember I want to return the Fiio and was thinking it was a false
confused_face.gif

Anyway, the point is: XDUOO SOUND SUPER GOOD
bigsmile_face.gif
and I don't think their another player in this price range that use the Cirrus Logic CS4938.
But I will not suggest it to people that just have headphones, really, this player is perfect for earphones.
But if you have a portable amp it change the game because of the line out.

Firmware isn't the best tough....not very intuitive.

Oh please, Rockbox is here for a reason. Who cares if the stock firmware is crap as long as you can upgrade to a custom one for FREE?

Apr 27, 2016 at 10:05 AM Post #3,092 of 5,194
Don't take me wrong, I REALLY don't care that much about firmware, some will tough, so I feel I need to write it...if the firmware doesn't crash i'm all happy because I deal mostly with folders.
I'm so enthusiast about this DAP that was searching something negative to don't look hysterical or too subjective
tongue_smile.gif

And yeah...i'm afraid of rockbox for some reason...don't even try it with my Ibaddo Dx90...did the EQ is good? And when you press back while playing music will it go in the folders??

Apr 27, 2016 at 10:09 AM Post #3,093 of 5,194
  Don't take me wrong, I REALLY don't care that much about firmware, some will tough, so I feel I need to write it...if the firmware doesn't crash i'm all happy because I deal mostly with folders.
I'm so enthusiast about this DAP that was searching something negative to don't look hysterical or too subjective
tongue_smile.gif

And yeah...i'm afraid of rockbox for some reason...don't even try it with my Ibaddo Dx90...did the EQ is good? And when you press back while playing music will it go in the folders??

Im guessing you are afraid of bricking your player?

Apr 27, 2016 at 10:21 AM Post #3,094 of 5,194
Exaaaactly.

My Ibasso Dx90 already have some strange issue with my firmware changing, don,t know if it's the Lurker version, just know one time I was certain it was Bricked and have put out battery, change it, and all...work well now.

Did somebody have bricked his Xduoo because of a bad Rockbox installation?

Apr 27, 2016 at 10:21 AM Post #3,095 of 5,194
  Exaaaactly.

My Ibasso Dx90 already have some strange issue with my firmware changing, don,t know if it's the Lurker version, just know one time I was certain it was Bricked and have put out battery, change it, and all...work well now.

Did somebody have bricked his Xduoo because of a bad Rockbox installation?

I did. I obtained a solution from Xduoo and will test with a windows machine this weekend to see if it works. 

Apr 27, 2016 at 10:25 AM Post #3,096 of 5,194

I did. I obtained a solution from Xduoo and will test with a windows machine this weekend to see if it works. 

I'm very sorry to hear that mate.

I'm sure Xduoo will help you on this...can you tell headfier how it happen so they will not make potentialy fatal error?

If Xduoo did not solve your problem came back here, perhaps we could help you with our headfier army
wink_face.gif

Apr 27, 2016 at 10:32 AM Post #3,097 of 5,194

I'm very sorry to hear that mate.

I'm sure Xduoo will help you on this...can you tell headfier how it happen so they will not make potentialy fatal error?

If Xduoo did not solve your problem came back here, perhaps we could help you with our headfier army
wink_face.gif

Never use the manual method - too much risk. With the current update.zip method I believe there's a significantly smaller chance of bricking. In case you really need to use the manual method, make sure that the X3 is securely connected for the duration of the flashing and try not to run too many applications while flashing

Their solution is similar to the manual flashing and is windows only, so I will have to wait until weekend when I can obtain a window machine of some sort. I doubt it'll work, seeing that my Mac+emulator completely cannot detect the X3, but it's worth a shot. 

Apr 28, 2016 at 12:32 PM Post #3,098 of 5,194
X3 has a recovery mode according to this post :

http://forums.rockbox.org/index.php/topic,51139.msg236149.html#msg236149

There was only manual method with Rockbox before they developped the Rockbox Utility, I had no problem with my Ondio SP, Sansa e260 and Sansa Fuze, I just read carefully the instructions.
To rockbox my X3 I used my Linux PC and a card reader, i even tried to uninstall and it went fine.
The minor annoyance is when I connect my player to the computer, I have to switch to keylock on before I plug the USB cable and I often forget.
redface.gif

Apr 29, 2016 at 10:09 AM Post #3,100 of 5,194
Did the equalizer is good and really changre sound with rock box?

And is there more than 2 gain mode?

I have a macbook so I don't know if it's possible to install it....

Apr 29, 2016 at 10:24 AM Post #3,101 of 5,194
I am strongly considering the X3 for when my iPod Classic dies. I like the ability to play hires files and the massive storage potential this little player has.

Apr 29, 2016 at 12:12 PM Post #3,103 of 5,194
I'm tempted to pick up this player just because of how small it is and the fact is has 2 micro SD cards. I was just wondering how easy or hard it is to search through songs on this player if you have a larger collection of about 8,000 songs.

Apr 29, 2016 at 12:33 PM Post #3,104 of 5,194
Silly question:

Is it normal that the Xduoo became kind of Hot after some playing?
Tough I find this practical....it's cold out there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back