XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player
Apr 21, 2016 at 1:31 PM Post #3,047 of 5,194

Code:
[color=rgb(33, 33, 33)] any recommended earphones for xduuo x3 ?[/color]

because of Xduoo's strong headphone output all earbud & IEM i try work great.

even high impedance ones like Hifiman ES100, Aurisonics ASG 2.5, etc

anything you get will be good... it can power anything IEM or earphone size

Apr 21, 2016 at 4:11 PM Post #3,048 of 5,194
Unless you are trying to play back individual files above 4GB each (as in a single 5gb flac) then you might have trouble but I doubt you have files that large (could be wrong idk)

I'm going to use Ease US Partition Master to format my 64Gb SDcard to FAT32... can you inform me what cluster-size is preferred (so I can use it on stock firmware AND Rockboxed)?

Apr 22, 2016 at 1:05 AM Post #3,058 of 5,194
The only big issue to me is the first second skipping bug....

Pitch issue. Not critical to me... Enjoying music here not auditing :D...

No EQ, i like it flat

Other than that x3 is a nice good sounding dsd capable dap... Which is now the cheapest dap supporting dsd

Apr 22, 2016 at 1:12 AM Post #3,059 of 5,194
The only big issue to me is the first second skipping bug....

Pitch issue. Not critical to me... Enjoying music here not auditing
biggrin.gif

No EQ, i like it flat

Other than that x3 is a nice good sounding dsd capable dap... Which is now the cheapest dap supporting dsd

Spoiler : "YOU ARE HEARING IT SLOW!" Let your mind play games with you from now on!

Apr 22, 2016 at 3:20 AM Post #3,060 of 5,194
Hi there, 
I currently own a Fiio X5 and am looking for an upgrade, mainly to do with the fact that I want to a more neutral sounding DAP and better soundstage.
I have been looking at a different range of DAPs including Astell & Kern (Jr, AK100ii and AK120ii) and iBasso DX80 but nothing is looking an considerable upgrade to what I have already.
From what I have read on this post is the X3 should be considered a serious contender.

I must admit I am a bit sceptical
confused.gif
 hence why I am writing this post and would be grateful for any feedback before I take the next step with my DAP upgrade. 
1) Can anyone verify whether the X3 can be considered an upgrade to Fiio X5 (1st Gen) in terms of sound quality or is it more of case it just has a different sound texture?

I am aware of the stock firmware issues / restrictions, therefore assuming Rockbox is installed:-
2) Is it possible to use M3U playlists (which I have already created using foobar)?
3) Gapless playback is available
4) Replaygain is also available.

Apologies if these questions have already been posed but I am new to this post and I have done my best to read as much as possible, but I am seriously considering purchasing the X3 as an upgrade to my Fiio X5. Therefore, I appreciate any comments, feedback and words of wisdom 
wink_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back