XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player
Apr 20, 2016 at 4:32 AM Post #3,033 of 5,194
Wanted to show Soundblaster E5 + Xduoo X3.

Tons more bass but not as high output power as other portable amps. The dual headphone out does split power and the software to manage the device is buggy, but the bass boost is great, enough power for anything "low gain", and if nothing else gives the x3 Bluetooth aptX 4.0 with NFC.

Apr 20, 2016 at 4:33 AM Post #3,034 of 5,194
Someone tried to remove the screen and managed to get brighter screen on this russian forum: http://player.ru/showthread.php?t=157050&page=185

"Glass is completely toned three are not three that does not work. Yesterday I made ​​a completely clear out of the box for the CD. Brightness at times grew, today verified when the sun peeped outside, all perfectly readable. At work it took less than an hour, the protective film used as a template, glued to the polycarbonate, snapped stationery. knife around the edges, refined nailnikom, glued to the back of the black adhesive tape for the frame, installed a new "glass" on the double-sided tape. Native glass keeps very tight, I recommend to heat the body of the player before removing the lighter. It looks a little collective, but it was worth it."" (translated via Google)
You need to register to see the pictures on this russian forum but here they are:

That amount of blue light will kill your retinas in the dark.

Apr 20, 2016 at 10:09 AM Post #3,036 of 5,194
  this is the difference, with and without dark glass (plastic):

and this is compare to the same but white oled:

Given the choice i would go with the white OLED.

Apr 20, 2016 at 4:11 PM Post #3,037 of 5,194
  sadly rockbock not support DSD (which is the main selling point of buying x3) and exfat ..

thus original firmware improvement still expected...

Aargh... bought myself a Samsung EVO 64Gb card in order to adress a strange problem with 'skipping audio' (possibly some corruption of some sort) just to find out that 64Gb is only to be formatted (natively) to eXFAT or NTFS.
Since I'm using the X3 Rockboxed preferrably, which format should I use for the card? Also, am using large audio files, which 'officially' FAT32 is not capable of handling.

What do you use for >32Gb cards as best standard for filesystem (and which tools)?

Apr 20, 2016 at 4:38 PM Post #3,038 of 5,194
 I have used Ease US app as suggested by vapman and it worked with my 128GB Sandisk microSD card. 

Apr 20, 2016 at 5:04 PM Post #3,039 of 5,194
'officially' FAT32 is not capable of handling.

What do you use for >32Gb cards as best standard for filesystem (and which tools)?

Unless you are trying to play back individual files above 4GB each (as in a single 5gb flac) then you might have trouble but I doubt you have files that large (could be wrong idk)

Apr 20, 2016 at 11:48 PM Post #3,040 of 5,194

Aargh... bought myself a Samsung EVO 64Gb card in order to adress a strange problem with 'skipping audio' (possibly some corruption of some sort) just to find out that 64Gb is only to be formatted (natively) to eXFAT or NTFS.
Since I'm using the X3 Rockboxed preferrably, which format should I use for the card? Also, am using large audio files, which 'officially' FAT32 is not capable of handling.

as per standard Panasonic SDFormatter 4.0 is the best tool. anything above 32GB should be in exfat (if according to standard)

but as for myself, my 32GB is currently using exfat.. as faster in x3 .. (not causing glitch while playing and browsing song)

Apr 21, 2016 at 2:25 AM Post #3,041 of 5,194
as per standard Panasonic SDFormatter 4.0 is the best tool. anything above 32GB should be in exfat (if according to standard)

but as for myself, my 32GB is currently using exfat.. as faster in x3 .. (not causing glitch while playing and browsing song)
... Does Rockbox support exfat formatted Micro SD cards yet? Last time I checked my exFat formatted SD card was not recognized...

Apr 21, 2016 at 3:22 AM Post #3,042 of 5,194
... Does Rockbox support exfat formatted Micro SD cards yet? Last time I checked my exFat formatted SD card was not recognized...

Nope...unfortunately only FAT for rockbox

Apr 21, 2016 at 4:36 AM Post #3,044 of 5,194

Nope...unfortunately only FAT for rockbox

so it MUST be FAT32 then

Yup
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back