XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player
Feb 21, 2016 at 3:07 AM Post #1,771 of 5,194
  @Bob A (SD), could you kindly tell me how good is the Switch Audio Converter? Does it degrade the audio? I heard that some individuals say that the file size will reduce after sample rate conversion. Is this true?

I mentioned in my post that I serached for some freeware and found this.  I've downloaded it but haven't as yet converted any files.  I hope to experiment some in the coming week or two.  Sorry, wish I had the specifics you seek.

As an aside I'm still digitizing my analog vinyl and tape collection which is a very s-l-o-w and laborious process.  First recording the analog material in real time on a digital audio recorder and then processing it with VinylStudio software which entails a number of steps such as playing sections to confirm exactly where I want the track breaks placed, etc.  To compare ripping a CD in EAC runs 5 or 6 minutes including the search for album art.  The complete process of digitizing an LP can run 2 hours more or less.

Feb 21, 2016 at 3:20 AM Post #1,772 of 5,194

I mentioned in my post that I serached for some freeware and found this.  I've downloaded it but haven't as yet converted any files.  I hope to experiment some in the coming week or two.  Sorry, wish I had the specifics you seek.

As an aside I'm still digitizing my analog vinyl and tape collection which is a very s-l-o-w and laborious process.  First recording the analog material in real time on a digital audio recorder and then processing it with VinylStudio software which entails a number of steps such as playing sections to confirm exactly where I want the track breaks placed, etc.  To compare ripping a CD in EAC runs 5 or 6 minutes including the search for album art.  The complete process of digitizing an LP can run 2 hours more or less.

Wow! That is a very labour intensive process. It's okay, I shall download it and give it a try then.

Thanks~!

Feb 21, 2016 at 5:48 AM Post #1,774 of 5,194
  And may I ask who clicked on the NO option just for kicks?

I may have a sneaking suspicion about a certain particularly unhappy customer...
wink_face.gif

Feb 21, 2016 at 5:58 AM Post #1,775 of 5,194

Hi all,

Ordered mine from Tomtop and received it 2 days ago.

I noticed that 
1) when i am charging it, used both 1A and 2A chargers, the player become extremely hot. easily 50 degrees. hot to the touch and i cannot hold it for long. i now only use the 1A slower charger as i am really worried about the heat generated.
2) when i am playing flac files, it feels uncomfortably warm. 

Is it normal?

Feb 21, 2016 at 6:38 AM Post #1,776 of 5,194
Hi all,

Ordered mine from Tomtop and received it 2 days ago.

I noticed that 
1) when i am charging it, used both 1A and 2A chargers, the player become extremely hot. easily 50 degrees. hot to the touch and i cannot hold it for long. i now only use the 1A slower charger as i am really worried about the heat generated.
2) when i am playing flac files, it feels uncomfortably warm. 

Is it normal?

Mine doesn't get warm when charging with both 1A and 2A charger. It seems that you got a faulty unit. Not sure though! Mine gets hot only when I put it in my pocket.

Feb 21, 2016 at 6:57 AM Post #1,777 of 5,194
Hello, i am new member and i want to buy my first DAP. Can i ask? Which better between fiio x1 or xduoo x3? If x3, why people prefer to choose fiio x1? As you know, x1 got #2 places in DAP. Sorry im bad in english

Feb 21, 2016 at 7:32 AM Post #1,778 of 5,194
Mine doesn't get warm when charging with both 1A and 2A charger. It seems that you got a faulty unit. Not sure though! Mine gets hot only when I put it in my pocket.

just measured using a clinical thermometer and it reached 42 easily while charging. unable to take higher readings as that's the limit of the thermometer. have sent an email to tomtop for RMA. disappointed that this happened as i have waited more close to 4 weeks for the player.

Feb 21, 2016 at 7:55 AM Post #1,779 of 5,194
Hello, i am new member and i want to buy my first DAP. Can i ask? Which better between fiio x1 or xduoo x3? If x3, why people prefer to choose fiio x1? As you know, x1 got #2 places in DAP. Sorry im bad in english

For first time buyer my recomendation will be Fiio X1 - Go for it Eyes Closed. Below some pointers ;

xDuoo X3 offers DSD playback, separate Headphone and Line Out Port (Gold Plated maybe) and two micro SD slots which can take 128 x 2 = 256 gb of music files at VFM price. That is it.

With Fiio X1 you get proper usable UI - Color Screen with All Folder structure - Very Good Firmware Update (so far..mine is 8 months old) BUT No DSD (and there is no way around) and single Micro SD slot which is now can go 128 GB Max.  

Feb 21, 2016 at 7:58 AM Post #1,780 of 5,194
For first time buyer my recomendation will be Fiio X1 - Go for it Eyes Closed. Below some pointers ;

xDuoo X3 offers DSD playback, separate Headphone and Line Out Port (Gold Plated maybe) and two micro SD slots which can take 128 x 2 = 256 gb of music files at VFM price. That is it.

With Fiio X1 you get proper usable UI - Color Screen with All Folder structure - Very Good Firmware Update BUT No DSD (and there is no way around) and single Micro SD slot which is now can go 128 GB Max.  

Which the best SQ between them?

Feb 21, 2016 at 9:24 AM Post #1,783 of 5,194
"I cannot believe somebody voted against rockboxing the Xduoo Xj3. What a sad world we are in. What sad people are our there."

I totally agree, some people have no compassion or sense of perspective; the Xduoo X3 without Rockbox is the by far the greatest threat to humanity. I thought war, famine and disease were serious, but now this!!!

Feb 21, 2016 at 9:43 AM Post #1,784 of 5,194
I cannot believe somebody voted against rockboxing the Xduoo Xj3. What a sad world we are in. What sad people are our there.

Could it be that naysayer acidentally preseed the wrong button? If you are using a phone browsing the forum, all buttons are small and can shift around when loading. It was NOT me by the way :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back