XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player
Dec 27, 2015 at 1:10 AM Post #905 of 5,194
I'm sorry but can you explain more in depth? Im new to the audio world. Thank you

Sure.

If you read back the last page or two a new issue has been reported with Xduoo X3 playing slightly slow, (a pitch error) around 30 seconds per hour. Its the kind of problem that becomes more obvious when you are aware of it. Basically, the music is fractionally slow compared to regular playing speed.

We're hoping it can be corrected with firmware.

Dec 27, 2015 at 1:13 AM Post #906 of 5,194

Sure.

If you read back the last page or two a new issue has been reported with Xduoo X3 playing slightly slow, (a pitch error) around 30 seconds per hour. Its the kind of problem that becomes more obvious when you are aware of it. Basically, the music is fractionally slow compared to regular playing speed.

We're hoping it can be corrected with firmware.

If it that problem that i faced now, is fixed, will they go well with together? Thank you for your patience!

Dec 27, 2015 at 5:25 AM Post #909 of 5,194
It might happen...when the right people "pitch" in...

http://www.rockbox.org/wiki/XDuooX3
I would say to xDuoo, send one sample to a rockbox developer and see what happens. You get a more versatile product, more fans, more sales. And free developer knowledge to get things fixed quickly (like this latest issue) within a fortnight (instead of waiting for the weekend to end :wink: ).

Dec 27, 2015 at 5:52 AM Post #910 of 5,194
This was what I sent to xDuoo:

Subject: Bringing this to your attention!!
To: service@xduoo.com

Hello guys (and girls)  @xDuoo.
Since a month I am a proud owner of you X3 Digital Audio Player.
I want to bring to your attention the website www.head-fi.org,  a website especially for audiophiles.  On this website,  your products have caught the attention of a few guys,  early adopters.  Those few can become many,  but only when rep keeps getting better.  The reason I bought my xDuoo was because of this website.
But now I'm reading some stuff with some serious complaints about the X3.
You can read it here :
http://www.head-fi.org/t/782912/xduoo-x3-dsd-24bit-192khz-cs4398-chip-lossless-music-player/870#post_12195227
It is said that 16/44 files play too slow,  way worse than say a Sansa clip.
I would like to ask you to address this problem in a firmware update.  Best would be when you start informing the buyers by reacting in this forum.
Future buyers will notice and see you take things seriously.
I really hope you succeed in making your brand a top-ranking one instead of falling down to the lesser gods :)
In this forum,  more things are addressed,  like user wishes,  developer tips and options.  For instance,  one of the most wanted things is gapless play,  so no pause between two tracks.
I hope to hear from you soon and like to welcome you on the forum.
For myself I have a question and that is if it's possible to get a spare back panel for my silver X3. When I received my player it was already damaged a bit.  The seller Banggood could not provide me with one.
Thank you very much,  and many greetings from The Netherlands.
j0p3Y

Let's wait and see....

Dec 27, 2015 at 9:54 AM Post #911 of 5,194
I think it is great that this thread is moving in a direction where we are being actively critical of the various bugs of an otherwise great DAP. In the long run it will hopefully help making the X3 an even better piece of audio equipment!

If anyone needs the original FW V1.0 for the X3 in case they don't like FW v1.1, or would like to compare the two existing FW's, then v1.0 can be downloaded from here..

http://www.mediafire.com/download/2zmxu46sitdhvxz/X3+firmwareV1.0.7z

Dec 28, 2015 at 3:43 AM Post #914 of 5,194
I've been away for a while and now I see there are some slowness issues. Maybe people should stop using the slow roll-off filter  Ba dum tss

Personally, I haven't really noticed pitch issues but probably because for the x3 I packed my sd cards with hi-res stuff and pretty much everything is well above 44.1khz

Dec 28, 2015 at 3:53 AM Post #915 of 5,194
Ok guys,

I heard back from XDuoo early this morning.

They said...

Thank you for telling us the problem, we will find out what's causing the bug and fix that as soon as possible.

I made it quite clear its important in needing their quick attention, so we can continue to enjoy XDuoo X3 as intended.

If I hear anything else I will inform everyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back