XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player
Jul 31, 2017 at 5:31 AM Post #4,621 of 5,193

mbwilson111

Headphoneus Supremus
From Michigan & Upstate NY but live in UK
Sorry to hear you have problems with your X3,warranty...send it back if it's worth it.Mine so far,touch wood,no problems..one moore on it's way.51US..well what the heck..if it's not preforming..guess i lost the money..no big deal but i don't hear many Forum members here that have encoutered issuse like you.

Have an awsome and blessed day..:)

Many have reported those issues with the original firmware as I discussed in my previous post. You are using yours rockboxed? That fixes the issues but does have one of its own...does not handle 24bit files without downsampling. Someone please correct me if I am wrong. I do not put 24 bit files on mine. Perfectly happy wit normal 16 bit Flac and some mp3s.

There is a thread dedicated to rockboxing the xDuoo x3

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/rockbox-xduoo-x3.803844/

Last edited:
Jul 31, 2017 at 5:58 AM Post #4,622 of 5,193

mono-type

1000+ Head-Fier
Sorry to hear you have problems with your X3,warranty...send it back if it's worth it.Mine so far,touch wood,no problems..one moore on it's way.51US..well what the heck..if it's not preforming..guess i lost the money..no big deal but i don't hear many Forum members here that have encoutered issuse like you..
I think he doesn't have issues with his unit to avail his warranty. He's more like describing some issues the X3 have (notably, the Hi-Res files has some SQ issues), either Rockboxed or on stock firmware.

Many have reported those issues with the original firmware as I discussed in my previous post. You are using yours rockboxed? That fixes the issues but does have one of its own...does not handle 24bit files without downsampling. Someone please correct me if I am wrong. I do not put 24 bit files on mine. Perfectly happy wit normal 16 bit Flac and some mp3s.
Same here. I'm content with what the Rockboxed X3 could offer, as most of my music are 16-bit/44100Hz or 16-bit/48000Hz. It's still such a shame it couldn't play Hi-Res files without downsampling them, though.

Jul 31, 2017 at 7:17 AM Post #4,623 of 5,193

Suneerat

100+ Head-Fier
I think he doesn't have issues with his unit to avail his warranty. He's more like describing some issues the X3 have (notably, the Hi-Res files has some SQ issues), either Rockboxed or on stock firmware.

Same here. I'm content with what the Rockboxed X3 could offer, as most of my music are 16-bit/44100Hz or 16-bit/48000Hz. It's still such a shame it couldn't play Hi-Res files without downsampling them, though.

Well i guess for 50+US you can't get everything right..My Flac files are same,mostly 16-bit/44100Hz or 16-bit/48000Hz..and i'm happy with that..well atleast for now :wink:

Jul 31, 2017 at 8:51 PM Post #4,624 of 5,193

LostnAmerica

100+ Head-Fier
Yeah, I tried it too (the coupon discount code), it didn't work. I did find that massdrop has them for $89. Limited supply, ends in a 3 days (pacific timezone). This would be my first player, hope I made a good decision. Or, should I move on to another brand, $ amounts are key for me... Thanks in advance for any insight into this foray of sound...(Im using a MacBook air as a source now)
Cheers.

Last edited:
Jul 31, 2017 at 8:55 PM Post #4,625 of 5,193

Suneerat

100+ Head-Fier
Yeah, I tried it too (the coupon discount code), it didn't work. I did find that massdrop has them for $89. Limited supply, ends in a 3 days (pacific timezone). This would be my first player, hope I made a good decision. Or, should I move on to another brand, $ amounts are key for me... Thanks in advance for any insight into this foray of sound...(Im using a MacBook air as a source now)
Cheers.

Well my humbly advice would maybe have a look at
Cayin N3...150US on flee bay..

Jul 31, 2017 at 9:10 PM Post #4,626 of 5,193

mbwilson111

Headphoneus Supremus
From Michigan & Upstate NY but live in UK
Cheers.

Check out this thread:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/obscure-chinese-daps.720512/
Tell people what features are important to you and you may get some good tips.

If you do get the xDuoo plan to rockbox it. If you are not comfortable doing that then maybe you would want to consider other daps. How many card slots do you need? What size should it be? What other features are important?

Last edited:
Jul 31, 2017 at 9:54 PM Post #4,627 of 5,193

Slater

Headphoneus Supremus
Cheers.

Yeah, the code for the $50 X3 is long gone. I just checked yesterday, and they are taking preorders now at $118. They currently have 3,500 pre-orders - that's bonkers!

Jul 31, 2017 at 11:24 PM Post #4,629 of 5,193

Slater

Headphoneus Supremus
Wow. Can they meet that demand?

No clue. I didn't even know there was that many people interested in it (since it's an old model).

That's pretty cool regardless though - more love for the X3 is fine in my book!

Aug 1, 2017 at 12:48 AM Post #4,630 of 5,193

BigDave

100+ Head-Fier
Well, look how much love there is for the sansa clips. There is still demand for them and they do not make them (clip+ and clip zip) anymore. Hell, I just recently fixed my clip+ as the power button broke. Just wish the battery lasted longer.

Aug 1, 2017 at 12:36 PM Post #4,631 of 5,193

mono-type

1000+ Head-Fier
No clue. I didn't even know there was that many people interested in it (since it's an old model).

That's pretty cool regardless though - more love for the X3 is fine in my book!
You could blame this thread for that sudden interest surge ROFL!

Well, look how much love there is for the sansa clips. There is still demand for them and they do not make them (clip+ and clip zip) anymore. Hell, I just recently fixed my clip+ as the power button broke. Just wish the battery lasted longer.
Well the demand for those two (Clip+ and Clip Zip) is understandable, since they are the last (as of now) Sansa models that can be installed with Rockbox; Clip Sport and Clip Jam still don't have Rockbox ports ATM.

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2017 at 1:51 PM Post #4,632 of 5,193

Slater

Headphoneus Supremus
You could blame this thread for that sudden interest surge ROFL!

True dat!

Well the demand for those two (Clip+ and Clip Zip) is understandable, since they are the last (as of now) Sansa models that can be installed with Rockbox; Clip Sport and Clip Jam still don't have Rockbox ports ATM.

I think Sansa is nuts for not making more of the Clip+. They would still sell well if they were available. They probably cost less than $2 to manufacture.

Aug 1, 2017 at 2:06 PM Post #4,633 of 5,193

mono-type

1000+ Head-Fier
I think Sansa is nuts for not making more of the Clip+. They would still sell well if they were available. They probably cost less than $2 to manufacture.
LOL Sansa is the brand of a line of DAPs. Sandisk is the manufacturer. XD Also, for some reason, they dropped the Sansa brand on their newer DAPs.

Anyway, well, for some reason they stopped producing those older Sansa Clip series (in which IMO, a lot better than the newer ones), and moved on to producing their respective successors (Clip Jam for the Clip+. Clip Sport for the Clip Zip), which is kinda a shame, since those models are supposed to be upgrades, only to be ridden with the issue that it has no Rockbox port. Might be a case of fixing things that ain't broken on Sandisk's part.

Aug 1, 2017 at 3:01 PM Post #4,634 of 5,193

Slater

Headphoneus Supremus
LOL Sansa is the brand of a line of DAPs. Sandisk is the manufacturer. XD Also, for some reason, they dropped the Sansa brand on their newer DAPs.

Anyway, well, for some reason they stopped producing those older Sansa Clip series (in which IMO, a lot better than the newer ones), and moved on to producing their respective successors (Clip Jam for the Clip+. Clip Sport for the Clip Zip), which is kinda a shame, since those models are supposed to be upgrades, only to be ridden with the issue that it has no Rockbox port. Might be a case of fixing things that ain't broken on Sandisk's part.

haha, yeah that's what I meant - brain fart. I have a Sansa Clip+.

And now Western Digital owns Sandisk. I highly doubt they will make any more media players with Western Digital at the helm.

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2017 at 9:34 PM Post #4,635 of 5,193

wskl

1000+ Head-Fier

It was mentioned by one of the Rockbox devs that the newer Clip models do not have enough RAM to run Rockbox so we will never see a port for these.

They could not make more Clip+ even if they wanted to because the SoC was discontinued.

Users who are viewing this thread