xduoo X3-B High-end- DAP
Sep 9, 2015 at 6:38 PM Post #121 of 194
  They have different OPA: 1612 vs 1642.

The 1642 uses JFETs whereas the 1612 uses bipolar input transistors. They're functionally identical, the 1642 has a higher noise spec, but it's still incredibly low.

One listening test found the 1612 to be more ' "rocky" and forward' and suitable for listening to Springsteen, though you'd want to use a different opamp for Baroque chamber works.
rolleyes.gif

I guess that sums up the value of 'listening tests' for you... 
biggrin.gif

Sep 11, 2015 at 8:10 AM Post #122 of 194
Subbed!

I was thinking of buying a fiio x3ii in a couple of months, but this other x3 looks really promising too! Looking forward for some impressions!

Sep 13, 2015 at 12:48 PM Post #127 of 194
  I'll rather go for penon which has great cusomer service and fast shipping and will have at available at the same time

I agree and will they sell the RRP (100usd?)?....I get more peace of mind too with their after sales support than AE, Im ok if its <50usd from AE but it's a "Nay" beyond that, so far....just me sayin.

Sep 14, 2015 at 4:09 AM Post #128 of 194

One thing that cracks me up about the x3 adverts is the 'Application Scenarios' bit at the end. You know, to give people an idea of why they might want to listen to music: "Listen to the music indoor to give a good mood." Thanks for the tip!

To be fair, though, it's not much different to the old iPod ads that claimed music increased one's desire to dance.
biggrin.gif

Sep 21, 2015 at 11:58 AM Post #131 of 194
Ok, I have sample in my hands for a while. Ergonomy sucks, so you know that is from China...
But X3 is very well made, little bulky, but solid.

Sound is warm (not much, but still warm) and dynamic (not lazy like Fiio X1). Definetly more refined and detailed then xDuoo X2 (and you can almost forget about hiss!). X3 has good separation, but narrow soundstage (damn...). You gonna love his power :)

For me - must have in this budget. But you have to give credit of trust to developers.

Sep 21, 2015 at 12:21 PM Post #132 of 194
Ok, I have sample in my hands for a while. Ergonomy sucks, so you know that is from China...
But X3 is very well made, little bulky, but solid.

Sound is warm (not much, but still warm) and dynamic (not lazy like Fiio X1). Definetly more refined and detailed then xDuoo X2 (and you can almost forget about hiss!). X3 has good separation, but narrow soundstage (damn...). You gonna love his power :)

For me - must have in this budget. But you have to give credit of trust to developers.

Sep 22, 2015 at 1:22 AM Post #134 of 194
X2 has little more spacious sound, but with worse holography.
But this X3 is just a sample not for sale. I don't know if it's gonna change when it's gonna hit to the stores.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back