XDUOO NANO D3 24bit/192Khz DSD256 portable DAP-Info and impressions
Mar 6, 2018 at 12:37 PM Post #152 of 185
Really? That's a shame. So it's better just to stick with v1.0, I guess.
What about RockBox? It's an old custom firmware known to be supported by many players. Do you think compatibility may be possible with this device?
With the original firmware you'll have the first few seconds of every song cut off. The first update corrected that except for the very first song sometimes having the first few seconds cut off. However the updates after the first, yes its a mixed bag, fixes for other things according to the release notes but folder navigation, at least in my opinion, gets worse with every attempt to fix it.

Mar 10, 2018 at 1:31 PM Post #153 of 185
Thinking about picking one up its within my price point

Mar 10, 2018 at 2:37 PM Post #155 of 185
The Benjie T6 / AGPtEK Rocker is less expensive, has working features and has gapless. It has about the same physical volume but is taller thinner and not as wide. There's a thread here for it.
Is the sound comparable between the two?

Mar 10, 2018 at 5:03 PM Post #156 of 185
Is the sound comparable between the two?
Each has a bit of a colored sound. After all they're both rather inexpensive. Each a bit different. There's a thread here for the T6 so you can see what others think. I personally own both. The lack of gapless, no support for cue files when the official product description says it supports them, the way the firmware updates have stopped (almost every other week until they got the basics working) just makes me feel more comfortable with the Benjie which also hasn't had firmware updates but things work as expected. The D3 adds a bit of low end to my ear say about middle of the bass around 250 Hz and below. The Benjie seems to fiddle around a bit in the midrange where vocals are but not in a way I dislike. In hand the D3 just feels like a better product but honestly the T6 is well built with a metal case so they're both decently built. If you are a song player, that is use playlists and shuffle exclusively then no gapless isn't a problem. Its just that to me spending the $15-$25 more for the D3 over the T6 isn't the best way to go.

Mar 21, 2018 at 4:24 AM Post #158 of 185
The firmware upgrade has not appeared for a long time. It looks like the company has dropped further support of the D3 even though fw is still far from being refined. I really like SQ but I am very disappointed with the firmware and support/attitude of the producer. For me this is the first and last player I bought from xduoo.

Mar 21, 2018 at 7:18 AM Post #159 of 185
Ive started using mine again after having a break. I only ever updated with the first FW revision. the timing issues navigating thru folders doesn't seem as bad as it was. I might be one of the few owners that really like this DAP. I really like the SQ/ detail retrieval and the way it seems to highlight the percussive elements of my music.

Mar 21, 2018 at 12:19 PM Post #160 of 185
The firmware upgrade has not appeared for a long time. It looks like the company has dropped further support of the D3 even though fw is still far from being refined. I really like SQ but I am very disappointed with the firmware and support/attitude of the producer. For me this is the first and last player I bought from xduoo.
They had a history of poor support with another previous player but at least the X3 got a RockBox port that took care of a majority of issues. With the Nano D3 that's the second model I've been burned on. So much for the with these new models comes a customer support commitment verbiage. Obviously not true. Advertised features not working, folder navigation worse than initially and seemingly no more firmware updates. I'd recommend people spend their money elsewhere on a company that shows more concern for their customers.

Mar 21, 2018 at 12:21 PM Post #161 of 185
The firmware upgrade has not appeared for a long time. It looks like the company has dropped further support of the D3 even though fw is still far from being refined.

This is characteristic of XDUOO .. X3, X10, XD-05, Nano D3 .. No visible support whatsoever after one firmware update. The D3 is my LAST XDUOO unit ... Fool me once shame on you, fool me 4 times, shame on ME!

Mar 23, 2018 at 5:48 PM Post #162 of 185
i had xduoo x2 before (fw v5.0). i love the vocal timbre and soudstage(sound comes from outside my head). i want to buy x3 but still want x2's sound signature. so i'm curious when people called d3 is the x2's successor. but i hardly saw detailed comparison about them.
how is the difference between x2 and d3? especially bass, mid/vocal and soundstage.

Mar 23, 2018 at 6:06 PM Post #163 of 185
i had xduoo x2 before (fw v5.0). i love the vocal timbre and soudstage(sound comes from outside my head). i want to buy x3 but still want x2's sound signature. so i'm curious when people called d3 is the x2's successor. but i hardly saw detailed comparison about them.
how is the difference between x2 and d3? especially bass, mid/vocal and soundstage.
I think the D3 is only called a successor based on it being a smaller form factor than the X3 X10 etc, plus it's more affordable than their high end DAPs, given the price I think there are better options out there considering the issues with firmware currently, it's a shame as the sound reviews are excellent.

Mar 23, 2018 at 8:03 PM Post #164 of 185
I think the D3 is only called a successor based on it being a smaller form factor than the X3 X10 etc, plus it's more affordable than their high end DAPs, given the price I think there are better options out there considering the issues with firmware currently, it's a shame as the sound reviews are excellent.
so the sound signature like i mention before is quiet different then?

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2018 at 10:35 PM Post #165 of 185
Formally, the sound does not demonstrate any tonal color, the sound is dense,balanced and smooth. Unlike X2, D3 does not have sloppiness in the pitch, but at the same time, there is no amazing openness and dynamism that once struck me in xDuoo X2.
now i understand that. i've bought the the D3, defenitely different to X2. both are warm but the vocal isn't as full as X2. less treble but more fun. the most dissaponting part is that people said D3's soundstage is wider. maybe it has nothing to do with "sounds comes from outside of head" thing. it's about openness. i'm confused now.
i already tried every combination of manual eq but can't get near of X2's great vocal and openness. i think i'll go back to X2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back