XDUOO NANO D3 24bit/192Khz DSD256 portable DAP-Info and impressions
Dec 14, 2017 at 11:29 AM Post #16 of 185
Well said!

Is the status of gapless as a feature of D3 confirmed one way or another?
Will try to confirm that....cause I really think too its a MUST!

I talk to them about USB DAC need too, not for the D3 but X10 and X3 etc...

oh, they send me pics about NEW products, more info will come....its quite overwhelming: X20 (in about one month), X3+ and X10+ (don't know date of release, they still work on it so sharing idea can have impact I think!).
https://head-fi.org/threads/new-xduoo-x-serie-dap-x20-x10-x3-xduoo-are-on-fire.867522/

Dec 14, 2017 at 11:34 AM Post #17 of 185
Will try to confirm that....cause I really think too its a MUST!

I talk to them about USB DAC need too, not for the D3 but X10 and X3 etc...

oh, they send me pics about NEW products, more info will come....its quite overwhelming: X20 (in about one month), X3+ and X10+ (don't know date of release, they still work on it so sharing idea can have impact I think!).
https://head-fi.org/threads/new-xduoo-x-serie-dap-x20-x10-x3-xduoo-are-on-fire.867522/
Those image links appear to be broken.

Dec 14, 2017 at 11:36 AM Post #18 of 185
Those image links appear to be broken.
hum...I see them myself...just copy paste it....can somebody else tell me if they can't see them? Strange....

Dec 14, 2017 at 11:37 AM Post #19 of 185
Like I said in the obscure DAP thread I should receive mine tomorrow or the day after, but will have very little time with it, if any, before Monday.

Dec 14, 2017 at 11:39 AM Post #20 of 185
Like I said in the obscure DAP thread I should receive mine tomorrow or the day after, but will have very little time with it, if any, before Monday.
A brief sound impression would be welcome, but I think for many we'd rather know if there is gapless support!

Dec 14, 2017 at 11:43 AM Post #21 of 185
Well, these will be the main things I can check in a few minutes - gapless, power, settings and I guess a quick listen. I am really overwhelmed by the sheer amount of work I have to finish these 4-5 days, so it's possible that I don't even have the time to go to the post office to pick it up, so I guess I shouldn't be even on here right now lol

And yeah, I also can't see the images in the other thread although I did a post with pics about the new stuff some time ago https://www.head-fi.org/threads/obscure-chinese-daps.720512/page-249#post-13858337

Last edited:
Dec 14, 2017 at 11:55 AM Post #22 of 185
@kova4a a week's wait wont hurt i guess. Either way if we were to take the plunge it will probably take after christmas to receive the damn player xD

Dec 15, 2017 at 4:23 AM Post #24 of 185
Well, seems I won't be getting it today as I just got a call from the post office that they have my package, but they are carrying out an audit and I have to pick my package tomorrow or Monday. Just my luck.

Dec 15, 2017 at 12:07 PM Post #26 of 185
There's someone in my local forum that made a first impression post about Nano D3.
He said, while the sound is good (natural sounding) and the display is decent, the firmware issues still there.
It took about 2 seconds playing next music and UP TO 10 seconds when you choosing the music file manually. Also, the 2 second cut at the beginning is still there.

Not a good sign.
Well, I'm not surprised about this though, albeit disheartening.

Dec 15, 2017 at 12:19 PM Post #27 of 185
There's someone in my local forum that made a first impression post about Nano D3.
He said, while the sound is good (natural sounding) and the display is decent, the firmware issues still there.
It took about 2 seconds playing next music and UP TO 10 seconds when you choosing the music file manually. Also, the 2 second cut at the beginning is still there.

Not a good sign.
Wow, I hope that's not true. It sounds similar to how my Fiio X1ii was, which is why I sold it.

Maybe xDuoo need a new software team. That's why I love the Benjie DAPs: super fast and responsive. T6 is the cheapest recent DAP I'm aware of that has perfect gapless playback. If only their screens and stupid button setups didn't suck.

Dec 15, 2017 at 12:37 PM Post #28 of 185

Not a good sign.

That is surely a firmware problem, will share it ASAP to Xduoo team, but I will like them to read this thread instead....im releive about sound quality tough! But 10sec its very long....X3 is faster than this...don't understand, hope it will be fix and that they avec a team for firmware update!

Thanks for the share man, any more info please share again!

Dec 15, 2017 at 1:57 PM Post #29 of 185
Yeah, no problem!
The person itself stated he tried it out of the box anyway, so this time that person will try it once again fully charged if there's any hope for any difference in performance.
I will try to keep you guys updated if there's any new info about it.

Dec 15, 2017 at 2:09 PM Post #30 of 185
Yeah, no problem!
The person itself stated he tried it out of the box anyway, so this time that person will try it once again fully charged if there's any hope for any difference in performance.
I will try to keep you guys updated if there's any new info about it.

I hope that he checks to see if it has gapless... but that comment about cutting off the first two seconds of the song worries me. That is unacceptable.

I already have that on my Sao Mai SM4 player. That one also has little a little pop noise in between songs most of the time. Its too bad because I love the look and UI. If anyone has this and knows where to get new firmware please let me know.

617zFcf2YTL._SL1000_.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back