Xduoo Amplifiers
Mar 6, 2023 at 3:01 AM Post #1,561 of 1,975
I can't find information about these RSD, do they make a good pair with the TA22?

330539643_865715734596539_7213171039188181178_n.jpg
no need any tubes. stock ta-22 has high performance TAD 12au7a tubes, that priced 25€/pic and sounds same as tungsol harmonix, jj electronics,psvane etc. maybe tubes for 50-70€ has better sound , but i m happy with stock tubes. tried few vintage tubes and they poor sound vs xduoo stock tubes. closed tube rolling. for better sound need better headphones

Mar 6, 2023 at 3:13 AM Post #1,562 of 1,975
no need any tubes. stock ta-22 has high performance TAD 12au7a tubes, that priced 25€/pic and sounds same as tungsol harmonix, jj electronics,psvane etc. maybe tubes for 50-70€ has better sound , but i m happy with stock tubes. tried few vintage tubes and they poor sound vs xduoo stock tubes. closed tube rolling. for better sound need better headphones
1678090344996.png

Did you return them after testing longer?
Wasn't it good then?

Mar 6, 2023 at 5:15 AM Post #1,564 of 1,975
I can't find information about these RSD, do they make a good pair with the TA22?

330539643_865715734596539_7213171039188181178_n.jpg
From what I could find, these might be worth trying. I’m no tube expert though. I couldn’t find anything on the smaller number. Are they NOS?

Mar 6, 2023 at 5:31 AM Post #1,565 of 1,975
From what I could find, these might be worth trying. I’m no tube expert though. I couldn’t find anything on the smaller number. Are they NOS?
i wouldnt buy them. they are noname and not better sounds vs stock superior xduoo tubes. you can see at ECC82 or 12AU7 tubes,if you want get out your money,then look to gold lion,tungsol,jj,psvane art,tj full music ,TAD,electro harmonics,tungsram,telefunken,philips,siemens,rca,ge and other famous brands tubes. im closed tube rolling game after 2 set of tubes roll. stock is better and is factory tuned for best sound. better rolling headphones.for best sound ordered new focal stellia. tubes here not helps get better sound than high end headphones.

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2023 at 10:40 AM Post #1,566 of 1,975
I see 3 tubes on TA-20 Plus, or?

12000764.png
yeah, looks to be the same 6n5p power tube used on the ta26, can't tell about the other two tho.

Mar 6, 2023 at 11:23 AM Post #1,567 of 1,975
im got telefunken and return back. xduoo better stock tubes. trued RFT , got cheap new for 15/eur pic. still keep them.this is wast money only. better look to good EQ or good headpones for better sound.
So, I went along with your earlier excitement about the Telefukem ECC82 that you praised so highly, but now I see you've gone back and prefer stock again.:L3000:

This shows that we must listen and test for ourselves, each one listens in a different way and has different preferences. The way is to test and see if you like it or not, this hobby of changing everything can be very expensive. :beyersmile:

Mar 6, 2023 at 12:17 PM Post #1,568 of 1,975
So, I went along with your earlier excitement about the Telefukem ECC82 that you praised so highly, but now I see you've gone back and prefer stock again.:L3000:

This shows that we must listen and test for ourselves, each one listens in a different way and has different preferences. The way is to test and see if you like it or not, this hobby of changing everything can be very expensive. :beyersmile:
im read that telefunkens is bla bla bla ...super duper... after testing immediatly sent them back... and this is vintage 1960' th. then try investigate stock tubes and bingo,they are one of the best TAD 12au7a selected ones. other makers stock tubes use cheapest,then can buy a pair of 25eur valued and all works good. i see that better change headphones for my ears taste are better and difference in sound is BIG, then rolling tubes for small difference. also im like listen factory tuned headphones without any EQlizing... have focal bathys and audeze main cans.... after period listing focal become more favorite,so go to focal shop try celestee,radiance,stellia vs bathys diffeence. all 4 focal have difference sound for any taste. stellia phenomenal sounding-ordered today. also tried denons 5200 7200 9200 . not triyed utopia ,as no need open backs. now bathys+ta-22, will be stellia+ta-22 next week😂

Attachments

• 4CD9D3EC-61DD-4603-8B80-56F8D2C984DE.jpeg
    4CD9D3EC-61DD-4603-8B80-56F8D2C984DE.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Mar 8, 2023 at 12:35 AM Post #1,572 of 1,975
Hi all, I just wanted to join this thread and present my initial impressions of the TA-22.
I've had the unit for two days and have given it a preliminary listen. In a word, it's very engaging. I'm coming from solid-state DAC/Amps and this is my first foray into tubes. I've been looking for something that will work well with a lot of my higher-sensitivity IEMs and current needy planar headphones. The TA-22 seems to fit the bill quite nicely for these use cases.
What I'm comparing the TA-22 to: iBasso DX220 MAX, Chord Hugo 2, and a FiiO BTR7.
First off, the solid states are much more resolving than the TA-22 and have a more controlled bass (less bass bloom and cleaner texture). The DAC in the DX220 MAX is very similar to the DAC in the TA-22, but the implementation is very different. The TA-22 has a wonderful smoothness to it that draws you in. The mids are forward and take center stage compared to the solid-state's, yet the mids are well detailed, lush, and draw the listener in. The mid-bass is also slightly forward and helps build a warmer tone that gives the TA-22 a more lush and full sound. The sub-bass is extended with great dynamics that make it punch quickly and low with a great attack and quick decay. The great dynamics combined with a very dark background make for very sharp bass kicks that again draw the listener in. This was very apparent when listening with both the MEST Mk1 and Monarch Mk1. The highs are smoothed, but nowhere near as detailed or as transparent as they are on solid-states's. The highs kind of have a fuzziness to them but in a euphonic way that gives them a "musical" thickness and weight, while retaining a decent degree of detail and separation. The imaging on the solid-state's is clearer than on the TA-22, but that's not necessarily what this device is really trying to deliver. It does have a decently wider soundstage and depth.
I've been using the TA-22 as a DAC amp and have been using the optical, USB, and Bluetooth inputs. I find the USB to be very clean and works well with my LG v40 as a source and a USB A-C adaptor does all the magic! The optical is also nice, but using a DX220 MAX as a source seems like a waste, so I'll probably stick with USB. The convenience of LDAC on Bluetooth is wonderful, but I have found the USB connection to just sound a little better and because it's a desktop device, It's best to probably just use the USB with the TA-22. But I'm glad that it does have Bluetooth capabilities because I can keep my setup really clean and not have wires all over the place.
The TA-22 drives both the Fostex TH900's and Arya Stealth quite well and I think it's a pretty awesome device for what it is.
Who is this device for: It's not an analytical device, but it is an engagement machine. I find it really easy to listen to for long sessions and I find it really suits genres where vocals and instruments shine. Because of the lack of detail and control in the bass, some electronic music comes across as bloated and busy sounding. But when I put on some Tool, it brought the album alive. The vocals came in strong with details on the guitars coming through as well. The bass hit hard with the drums taking full advantage of the dynamics. The highs while a bit smoothed, had sweet-sounding cymbals with good placement. All in all, it's a great little device that adds a new dynamic to the gear that I already enjoy.

Mar 8, 2023 at 1:09 AM Post #1,573 of 1,975
it is co
Hi all, I just wanted to join this thread and present my initial impressions of the TA-22.
I've had the unit for two days and have given it a preliminary listen. In a word, it's very engaging. I'm coming from solid-state DAC/Amps and this is my first foray into tubes. I've been looking for something that will work well with a lot of my higher-sensitivity IEMs and current needy planar headphones. The TA-22 seems to fit the bill quite nicely for these use cases.
What I'm comparing the TA-22 to: iBasso DX220 MAX, Chord Hugo 2, and a FiiO BTR7.
First off, the solid states are much more resolving than the TA-22 and have a more controlled bass (less bass bloom and cleaner texture). The DAC in the DX220 MAX is very similar to the DAC in the TA-22, but the implementation is very different. The TA-22 has a wonderful smoothness to it that draws you in. The mids are forward and take center stage compared to the solid-state's, yet the mids are well detailed, lush, and draw the listener in. The mid-bass is also slightly forward and helps build a warmer tone that gives the TA-22 a more lush and full sound. The sub-bass is extended with great dynamics that make it punch quickly and low with a great attack and quick decay. The great dynamics combined with a very dark background make for very sharp bass kicks that again draw the listener in. This was very apparent when listening with both the MEST Mk1 and Monarch Mk1. The highs are smoothed, but nowhere near as detailed or as transparent as they are on solid-states's. The highs kind of have a fuzziness to them but in a euphonic way that gives them a "musical" thickness and weight, while retaining a decent degree of detail and separation. The imaging on the solid-state's is clearer than on the TA-22, but that's not necessarily what this device is really trying to deliver. It does have a decently wider soundstage and depth.
I've been using the TA-22 as a DAC amp and have been using the optical, USB, and Bluetooth inputs. I find the USB to be very clean and works well with my LG v40 as a source and a USB A-C adaptor does all the magic! The optical is also nice, but using a DX220 MAX as a source seems like a waste, so I'll probably stick with USB. The convenience of LDAC on Bluetooth is wonderful, but I have found the USB connection to just sound a little better and because it's a desktop device, It's best to probably just use the USB with the TA-22. But I'm glad that it does have Bluetooth capabilities because I can keep my setup really clean and not have wires all over the place.
The TA-22 drives both the Fostex TH900's and Arya Stealth quite well and I think it's a pretty awesome device for what it is.
Who is this device for: It's not an analytical device, but it is an engagement machine. I find it really easy to listen to for long sessions and I find it really suits genres where vocals and instruments shine. Because of the lack of detail and control in the bass, some electronic music comes across as bloated and busy sounding. But when I put on some Tool, it brought the album alive. The vocals came in strong with details on the guitars coming through as well. The bass hit hard with the drums taking full advantage of the dynamics. The highs while a bit smoothed, had sweet-sounding cymbals with good placement. All in all, it's a great little device that adds a new dynamic to the gear that I already enjoy.
all correct.its newest, best tuned and technically best xduuo dac/amp with high quality tubes to date. sounds phenomenal out from box.

Last edited:
Mar 8, 2023 at 5:22 AM Post #1,574 of 1,975
This is great, thank you. The comparisons are helpful. Have you tried using the Hugo 2 as a DAC and using the ta-22 as just an amp? Also, how did the btr7 compare to the ta-22 on detail retrieval?

Last edited:
Mar 8, 2023 at 5:47 AM Post #1,575 of 1,975

So Zeos just did a review of the letshuoer cadenza. They’re new flagship iem. Its impedance is listed at 14 ohms. Low but not too bad these days. He found it to be extremely source picky. It seemed like on one hand it’s scaled better with power, but needed low output impedance (sounded best with soloist 3xp and LA90). For a number of sources there was a big difference between the balanced and SE outputs. For example, the cadenza hooked to balanced out of the ta-22 sounded lifeless, but when hooked to the SE it sounded pretty good. Usually in balanced amp circuits, the SE output impedance is about half that of the balanced. I couldn’t find a listed output impedance for the ta-22, but it must be higher than 1 or 2. I use iem’s from time to time, so this isn’t to great to hear. Most of mine aren’t that picky though.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back