Xduoo Amplifiers
Jun 6, 2021 at 6:53 PM Post #511 of 1,985
Has anyone compared the TA series amps? I have the TA-03 which I love with the HD800, since it really responds to the 12AU7 tube choice, and picking a nice warm liquidy tube has great synergy. But... I want to possibly drive other lower ohm cans down the road. Are the other TA amps a sidegrade, or sacrifice the tube character optimization?

Jun 6, 2021 at 8:11 PM Post #512 of 1,985
Thinking about picking up the TA-10R…. Is there a big difference over a solid state amp? Other than the 602 I only have solid state amps and want to make sure I will have a different experience versus what I already have. Thank you in advance!
If you want a real difference, get a Darkvoice

Jun 7, 2021 at 9:52 PM Post #513 of 1,985
Just want to confirm - If I connect powered speakers to the RCA out of a xDuoo TA-20, will it go through the tube preamp section?
It should but I want to confirm definitively.

Jun 7, 2021 at 10:09 PM Post #514 of 1,985
Just want to confirm - If I connect powered speakers to the RCA out of a xDuoo TA-20, will it go through the tube preamp section?
It should but I want to confirm definitively.
Some users here say RCA doesn't pass through:
The output signal from the TA-20 is the same, whether single-ended or balanced. The power output is different, but there is no "passthrough" of the signal if you are using the RCA vs. XLR output.
But users there say the reverse:
https://drop.com/buy/xduoo-ta-20-ba...k/2785712?utm_source=linkshare&referer=EM4X5H
https://drop.com/buy/xduoo-ta-20-ba...k/2627137?utm_source=linkshare&referer=EM4X5H

I am confused.

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2021 at 10:36 PM Post #515 of 1,985
Jun 8, 2021 at 12:11 AM Post #516 of 1,985
Looks like it doesn't pass through the tube section. Sadge
You will need to get a definite answer from the manufacturer or check an open amp, some amp like the DV does pass through the tube and some others like the Violectric does not. Normally if the pot can play with the volume of the pre-out it means it does pass through the tube section.

Jun 17, 2021 at 7:33 PM Post #517 of 1,985
Got this little beauty today. I'm giving it a go with my new AT WP900's.

IMG_1114.jpg

Jun 17, 2021 at 11:56 PM Post #518 of 1,985
You will need to get a definite answer from the manufacturer or check an open amp, some amp like the DV does pass through the tube and some others like the Violectric does not. Normally if the pot can play with the volume of the pre-out it means it does pass through the tube section.
I asked xduoo, they said no, it can’t function as tube preamp

Jun 18, 2021 at 5:16 AM Post #520 of 1,985
Too bad it can’t be a preamp
I believe it can be used in that manner. You just need a 4mm to whatever dual output you need or you can get a male 4-Pin XLR to whatever dual output you need. Both should work just fine.

Jun 18, 2021 at 6:00 AM Post #522 of 1,985
Won't it become TA-20 (tube preamp) > TA-20 (SS headamp) > headamp. Seems something wrong.
Isn't the TA-20 also a hybrid amp? Just like the MT-604 you're getting a mixture of two. The benefits of tubes in the preamp section with the benefits of having a solid state output. If you use it as a preamp to feed a power amp or some other source you'll retain the sound quality of the MT-604 in the same manner as using the TA-20. The only difference is the topology of the two amps. So MT-604 won't sound exactly like a TA-20

Jun 18, 2021 at 6:20 AM Post #523 of 1,985
I have a question. Newbie here, I'm currently using my iem with the MT-602 + XD-05Plus (as DAC) and I hear a slight microphonic? (electrical-ish kinda sound). I was wondering if I should jump to the TA-10R or XA-10. I do know the XA-10 would be silent with most iem but does the TA-10R have less noise than the MT-602? I really like the sound and soundstage of the 602, it would be a shame to lose that if I switched to the XA-10. I don't use balanced cables so I don't mind about them much. Anyone have tried all three and could give me a little rundown? That would be extremely helpful, thank you so much.

Jun 18, 2021 at 8:54 AM Post #524 of 1,985
Has anyone compared the TA series amps? I have the TA-03 which I love with the HD800, since it really responds to the 12AU7 tube choice, and picking a nice warm liquidy tube has great synergy. But... I want to possibly drive other lower ohm cans down the road. Are the other TA amps a sidegrade, or sacrifice the tube character optimization?

If you want a drive anything tube amp in the Ta series look at the Ta-30. It has a lot of tube character and reacts to changes in rectifier as well (faster recovery time, less sag etc). Being a hybrid with an output transformer makes it suitable for planars and other low impedance headphones that don't like OTL designs.

Jun 18, 2021 at 8:56 AM Post #525 of 1,985
I have a question. Newbie here, I'm currently using my iem with the MT-602 + XD-05Plus (as DAC) and I hear a slight microphonic? (electrical-ish kinda sound). I was wondering if I should jump to the TA-10R or XA-10. I do know the XA-10 would be silent with most iem but does the TA-10R have less noise than the MT-602? I really like the sound and soundstage of the 602, it would be a shame to lose that if I switched to the XA-10. I don't use balanced cables so I don't mind about them much. Anyone have tried all three and could give me a little rundown? That would be extremely helpful, thank you so much.

first try something with a higher impedance and lower sensitivity than the iem you are using. A lot of iems will pick up some hiss on high potency amps as they just don't need that much power and the noise floor becomes evident when fed more than they like. If the noise is still there when using a 300Ohm over-ear then you have a microphonics issue and start juggling pieces (tubes, cables, etc) to find and remove it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back